522 Timout

Reports of bugs and issues in the game

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Aramina
Star Gazer

23. Oct 2017, 08:18

Hello Tylady,

A server connection timeout means that a server is taking too long to reply to a data request made from another device. Timeouts are not a reply message: they show up when there isn't a reply and a server request is not fulfilled in a predetermined length of time. A server connection timeout error does little to tell you what went wrong or why the error happened: it just identifies that the error occurred. Timeout errors can happen for a number of reasons. The server, the requesting device, the network hardware and even an Internet connection can be at fault.

The purpose of a server timeout is to prevent a device from endlessly waiting for a sever to respond. Server timeouts can occur when using a Web browser to view a site, connecting to an online service with a game or running a program update, among other situations. A task that has timed out or undergone a timeout is considered incomplete or failed. Essentially, the device that made the initial request for data from another device "gives up" on waiting for that information to be sent when a timeout occurs.

In this case, you are in the North East of the United States, and our servers are in Europe, that multiplies the probable causes

A request from a device has to pass through multiple checkpoints on its way to the server. If any of these checkpoints is too busy, the request may be dropped. For example, a request to load a website in a Web browser may time out when connecting through a home network because the router is overtaxed with requests from other computers and devices on the network for other servers.

I hope I have answered your questions, and I'm sorry it happens all the time with you

Best regards
Good vibes and energies Image
Tylady
Cuddle

24. Oct 2017, 05:50

Aramina,

I did not request an explanation for what a time out error is...I am quite aware of what a time out error is informing me. I was informing someone that there are issues, as the forum was the only thing I could get into. I also am aware that the game has been having issues with their servers for awhile now, and as I went through standard troubleshooting techniques for my equipment and connections prior to posting the message, I knew the issue was not on my end.

Thus, if someone looked into it and happened to discover a fixable error on games servers/side then I have alerted the appropriate parties to resolve the situation for all players involved.

And my name is Tylady.
Aramina
Star Gazer

24. Oct 2017, 08:02

Tylady,
I'm sorry if I hurt you, it was not my intention. And forgive me the fault in your name too.
Many Internet users do not know much except to use a computer to go on the web, or to play ... I could not predict your own knowledge.
But if 95% of people do not have time out, and 5% have it, it is likely that it comes from an external cause
That's what I wanted to explain, seemingly awkwardly
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

25. Oct 2017, 14:24

Tylady wrote:Hi Mods,

Cannot get into game again. And PetDragon this disproves your Tuesday upgrade theory.

Error 522 Ray ID: 3b1f958a3d9c5606 • 2017-10-22 21:35:33 UTC
Connection timed out

Tylady

Edit: Finally got in but has been glitchy and was booted twice already, could get back in, but still not pleasant to deal with.
Sorry Tylady. That is just another of my theories gone up in smoke lol. I should know by now not to guess. My apologies and thank you for letting us know about the problem.
Everything in life is magical, including dragons, elves, gnomes and fairies. Enjoy everything!
Tylady
Cuddle

20. Nov 2017, 02:51

Aramina,

Sorry I have not been back to reply to this, the error went away and I did not check back. I do apologize for snapping, that is usually not how I chose to express myself, but had been fighting through checks, reboots and tests for over an hour and the 3 paragraph lecture was frustrating.
I do completely understand that many people do not understand the workings of computers and systems and there are different levels of computer literacy. Might I now calmly suggest that a couple pointed questions to a person to figure out their level of tech understanding might be a better first approach before the detailed lecture. Or sometimes as moderator, it might be best to just say you'll check with support and get back to us. Eddard is very proficient at the customer service side of monitoring in the Forum.
I did know that several other people have had these timeout errors, some of which are in Germany where the main servers are, so I do not believe it is limited to location.

PetDragon, do not quit theorizing! You did not fail, you just eliminated one more option and are narrowing down the cause. Sometimes that is all we can do until the only option left is the final answer. And like you I have noticed that the game drags and is a bit glitchy when they do big updates, though now knowing they do standard updates on Tuesdays, that will help explain those issues when it falls on those days.

Thanks guys for all your efforts and work.

Tylady
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

20. Nov 2017, 05:21

Thank you Tylady. My other theory was that Faolin the Dragon was having a temper tantrum and was biting the heels of the developers. Hmmmmm I wonder.
Everything in life is magical, including dragons, elves, gnomes and fairies. Enjoy everything!
Aramina
Star Gazer

20. Nov 2017, 08:24

Hi Tylady

You will always be welcome to discuss any subject, and I promise not to talk about computer technology anymore (I'll try anyway) ;)
Zolnai Melinda
Fearn

25. Jan 2018, 10:56

[url=https://ibb.co/eyTFJb][img]https:/ ... .jpg[/img][/url]

Today work a small game a now not work game try to mobile , im use Chrome and nothing :|
My english is not good but i try to write to undertstand
Eddard
Herb Witch

25. Jan 2018, 11:17

It should all be fixed now. Are you getting into the game again?
"My acorn is missing... Did you eat the acorn?... You owe me a new acorn."
Vanja357
Squishem

25. Jan 2018, 11:47

I have same problem and for me stile dont work.