Common Problem Fixes - Lag in Game/Plants Disappearing

Reports of bugs and issues in the game

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Callia
Forum Moderator

24. Mar 2018, 01:06

I have noticed that there are some recurring issues with a common solution so I thought I would list some here for you to try for a quick fix

Your chat or planting lags (moves slowly or jumpy) or you game just doesn't quite load right the first time or you plant plants then look back in your garden and they are gone (this is usually a lag issue also - you see yourself planting but the game is not registering the actual action until seconds/a minute later). Always take a moment to just sit or look around without taking any actions before you log out. Sometimes you cannot access parts of the game, like the friends list, chat or the market place. Most of these issues are browser issues.

Solution 1: Check your browser - make sure it is updated (and if it updated just before you had the issue - back out the update to the old version if you can).
Solution 2: Enter the settings area for your browser (located on the upper right corner of the browser window usually by clicking on the three dots [...] and clear your browsing history: empty the browser History, Cookies, temp files & Cache.
Solution 3: Turn off your computer and wait at least One Minute - then turn it back on. This is especially important if you leave your computer on for long periods of time - ie: days or weeks.
Solution 4: Check your internet connection. Reset your Modem - be sure to wait at least one minute for it to reset (if you unplug and re-plug instantly it will not help).
Solution 5: If you are still having the issue - switch your browser. re: If you are using Chrome - switch to Fire Fox, MS Edge, or any browser you prefer - you can download free versions of any browser on the internet. You can run more than one browser - I personally have 4 loaded on my computer. Some things run better in one then they do in another. lol

Note: If you logged in and everyone in game is screaming about an issue... you don't need to scream too! or do anything else unless the Devs send a message. :lol: The Magoia Devs will already know and be working to fix it. If however, only one or two of your friends/Clan say they have the same issue while everyone else says they're fine - then try the steps above. If you still have issues after doing those things - contact support (and let them know that you did all the steps above - cause that is what they will tell you to do first.) :P

Tech Notes to Know:
1. When you reset electronics you cannot just turn them off - you must disconnect them from their power source. Many modems have battery backups in them and some computers are on battery backup when the power fails - remove batteries and unplug computers from power supplies for resetting to work.
2. You need to disconnect power for at least one minute - a little longer never hurts - go grab a drink or take a bathroom break.
3. Sometimes, browsers and game servers just don't want to play nice together - in most cases the next update in either the Game or the Browser can solve the issue caused by the first update and you can switch back when it does. Not all computers are the same - not all software is written the same way - not all browsers work the same way - it can be tough to get all three in sync. Just because your friend isn't having issues - actually, especially if your friend isn't having issues can be a good indicator that it's a glitch in compatibility somewhere and switching browsers will be your best fix for now.
4. Always reset your modem with your computer OFF. Your connections will not reset correctly if you reset the modem while your computer is on.
5. Having told you to back out of an update - only attempt this if you are extremely computer savvy or have assistance from your computer's tech support.
6. Be aware of your limitations (or your computer's limitations). It is not Magoia's fault/issue if your computer is 10 years old or your memory/storage is full of junk, you never update your computer or clean up the drives, or you are on a crummy internet connection (shudders at memories of using Comcast on the East Coast :roll: ).
If you want to Conquer the World... You best have Dragons.
Callia
Forum Moderator

1. Apr 2018, 01:28

I provided these links simply for easy access to downloading for our gamers. These links are clean and lead in most cases directly to the download page. I have personally used most of these browsers. If you are downloading a new browser because your game is lagging or slow - I suggest you choose a browser and use it only for Magoia and the Magoia Forum. Do not connect any extra extensions to the new browser that you may have used in the old browser as that may cause the lag situation to replicate.

Good Luck and I hope this helps.
Callia

Fire Fox
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Chrome
https://www.google.com/chrome/?brand=CH ... aQod_4AJbA

Opera
https://www.opera.com/?utm_campaign=%23 ... gLrdvD_BwE

Microsoft Edge
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/microsoft-edge

Vivaldi
https://vivaldi.com/?lang=en_US
If you want to Conquer the World... You best have Dragons.
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

1. Apr 2018, 03:24

Thank you Callia this will be very helpful for everyone. (especially me)
Everything in life is magical, including dragons, elves, gnomes and fairies. Enjoy everything!
Cecili
Gardener

1. Apr 2018, 20:48

I think part of the problem is the game has an auto logout if you are idle for a certain amount of time. I am often juggling a lot of things at the same time when I am online, so I believe that I get logged out, but the game doesn't tell me. I lose both plants and dragon progress often enough to be frustrated by it. The dragons bother me more than the plants because it affects my clan's league ranking. I've found I can check in clan chat and will show as not online occasionally. I don't know how I can be going to gardens and going to clan chat without being on unless that information is being stored locally in my cache.
Attachments
idle logout.PNG
idle logout.PNG (24.78 KiB) Viewed 15226 times
LivVirtual
Horn Mole

21. Nov 2018, 22:31

Hello, so um. My tree is infected, but it's using negative numbers? The members of my clan say that heal points usually start from 0, but the bar for my tree is at -65 out of 436 right now. I don't know if maybe I'm overreacting, but please respond.
*Looks like a pineapple*
MazMazzifyMaz
Herb Witch

21. Nov 2018, 23:00

You need to put in a Support Ticket so that the Moderators can contact someone in the Tech area.
There is always a hidden owl in knowledge
bracha
Horn Mole

21. Jun 2019, 00:11

Hello on the moon event I'm trying to trade suns into a package and it's saying that I don't have enough when I do have enough. Could somebody help me it's getting very annoying.
willow
Fearn

21. Jun 2019, 07:53

you need to put in a support ticket, then someone from there can help you :)
mistybleu
Fearn

3. Jul 2019, 15:01

the chat window will not let me close it and is in the gardens etc i cant harvest and plant other plants because i cannot get to them because the chat window is in the front blocking where the plants are. would like to plant again in the corners :P thanks just went to my friends gardens and it also was there in everyone the chat box will not close i also tried refreshing the page many times..
mistybleu
Fearn

3. Jul 2019, 16:51

its finally working the chat window thank you ;)