Please Remove the "Continue" Button for Friends Only Monster

Reports of bugs and issues in the game

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Tylady
Cuddle

10. May 2018, 04:44

Ever since Moonchild in our clan had remarked how many people did not finish friends only monsters in their friends gardens, I had wondered why people did not complete them and thought you only got the 1 pear whether you hit "continue", or you friend did.

Recently, Ms Lejo sent out a friends bulletin requesting people not hit the continue button when you finish the clicks on a friends monster in your friends garden as it did not allow them to get the points for the monster if you continue it.

So I started investigating to see for myself. With the help of some friends, I discovered that Lejo is correct, you do get more than just the 1 pear, if you clear/continue the monster that a your friends clicked on.

So by a friend finishing your monster for you and hitting continue, you get just the 1 pear. If they Do Not hit the continue button, and you continue the completed monster yourself, you get a few hundred XP points,a couple score points for the player league, 1 cleared monster in the Monsterhunter Quest and of course the 1 pear. I am not positive, but I think the amount of XP & score points will very from person to person possibly dependent on level. I mean the points are minimal, but to a new person that would be very helpful and any points are appreciated!

So the big question is .... why would the devs design the pop up to say continue when you finish your friends monster if it is taking away extra points for your friend??? My hope is that it is a set screen that they are reusing and they never thought it would affect the points earned and not send them to the friend. So my thought of a solution to stop penalizing people, is to request they take away the continue button. Or maybe fix it so the friend still gets the points no matter who hits the continue button.
Any other ideas for a solution welcome.

In the meantime spread the word to not continue after you put the 9th click on a monster in your friends garden.
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

10. May 2018, 11:11

Thank you Tylady and also Lego. This is very interesting and has been forwarded to Admin. I was certainly not aware of this until now. I think until we get an answer, we should leave the continue button for the garden owner/friend. It will not hinder you by not clicking Continue but it may help the garden owner/friend if you leave the Continue button alone. Well done and thank you for letting us know.
Everything in life is magical, including dragons, elves, gnomes and fairies. Enjoy everything!
Cecili
Gardener

10. May 2018, 17:17

This may be a glitch. I tested this before and the only difference that I found at the time was that the host did not get the pop up. They still got the rewards.
I'll test it again when circumstances allow.
Aeris64
Shaman

11. May 2018, 00:29

Maybe the points are a bonus to the friend who clears the monster out of the garden for you.

I had noticed a lot of people weren't clearing the friends monsters - it was why I added the info to the garden tutorial post - that spot is USELESS to the player until friends clear it, so that makes clearing the monsters a pretty big deal to me (as I can't clear it myself). This is ESPECIALLY important to littles who have limited space to start with!

For me personally, Clear the monster and keep the bonus as your reward!! I'm just happy when people clear the monsters that I can't quickly, so I may have the planting spot back!
~~ I know you're probably thinking "Oh no she didn't!" but I just so totally did!! ~~
Tylady
Cuddle

11. May 2018, 03:54

Aeris, I tried it every way and if you clear your friends monster, they get 1 pear and you get nothing. I figured was good to test all angles! :D Also, if your friends finish the 9 clicks on that monster, but don't click continue, the next time you go in your garden you will get the pop up window so you can clear/continue the monster yourself and unblock that plant.

Cecili, several times I tested it the night before I had a monster due in my garden I would note my XP & score points, how many monsters in my quest and my fruit. I would check the next morning, and all numbers were the same except I got one pear if my friend cleared it and if it was left for me to clear/continue I got the points and credit for the monster hunter quest. I had a couple friends check as well and they also got the points for clearing it themselves, though the amount varied.

Like I said, the points are not much up at our level, it's just another item in the game that needs to be fixed or we need to be aware of to inform everyone.

I did find a quick way to tell which is a regular monster and which is a friend only monster when you visit friends gardens when all the clicks are done without clicking and opening the pop up. If you hover the mouse/pointer over the monster and a red "X" is on the monster, it is for the friend to kill in their own garden. If you hover over it and there is nothing but the highlight box, it is a friend only monster that someone has finished the klicks on and is waiting for the friend to clear/continue. I hope I explained that well, I might have confused myself! LOL
Aramina
Star Gazer

11. May 2018, 06:56

Good morning everyone,

I have also tested and there is no gain for the person who kills a monster in the garden of one of his friends.
It would be more fair play not to click on "continue" when you kill a monster, it will leave all the benefits to the owner of the garden .. otherwise these benefits are lost.
Good vibes and energies Image
Cecili
Gardener

11. May 2018, 20:40

After chatting with Tylady and thinking about it more, I have a clearer picture of what's happening as well as a question or two.
So it was my misunderstanding that the host got nothing. According to Tylady they are getting the pear but not the credit for the kill. Since the achievements do virtually nothing in the game, I don't particularly care if I get credit for it. Also, it makes sense to me that I wouldn't get credit for it as I did nothing to remove it in terms of cost.

So is this actually a bug that hurts the player? My perspective is that not hitting the continue button is like a cooperative hack or social bonus. If we all agree not to hit the continue button, we can all cheat up a higher Monster Hunter score. The place where this really matters is for the beginner players who have 2 tutorial quests to clear monsters, one from the gardener to clear 2 monsters and another from cuddles to clear 9 monsters. They would be able to finish these quests at no cost to themselves if their friends leave the pop up screen.

How often do the friend monsters appear? Tylady mentioned that the friend monster come every other day the same as the pop up monsters that we have to clear ourselves. This seems to be more frequent than I get. Does this mean I am getting them and never see them because my neighbors are clearing them completely and hitting continue before I have a chance to notice them? If so, Thank you! I don't like having my plots blocked. LOL
Tylady
Cuddle

12. May 2018, 17:35

Yes Cecili! That means you have awesome friends that have just cleared your monster's away! I had to dig back a long way through the list of friends who visited my garden to find the pattern. From what I can surmise, the friends only monsters pop up in your garden every other day at the daily changeover, which is 1:00am eastern time for me. Hence with all my friends from all over in different time zones, I hardly ever saw the monsters.

I always appreciated that my friends were so efficient too! :D

Of course until I learned that we weren't getting points that we could be. I really like the monster points as I am trying to get the next star and every little bit helps! I think it would be nice if the friends get more that just the bracelet points for the clicks too.

Aramina, I appreciate your backing up the information and reiterating to spread the word not to hit continue, but I would REALLY appreciate if you could get Devs to fix the issue somehow. There are too many new people coming into the game that there is no way to tell them all about the all the different glitches to look out for.
Dixi
Squishem

16. May 2018, 03:26

I have observed on two different occasions in the past week or so that one of my friends had left a monster for me to continue in one of my gardens. I did NOT get a pop up window for me to continue and clear either of them and the only reward I received was 1 golden pear. I watched carefully to check this since I was made aware of this matter.

I have done as asked and left the monster for the owner of the garden I was visiting but it really is no issue for me if any of my friends choose to continue and clear the monster and my garden plot. I have never wondered as to whether or not I was getting anything more than a golden pear and always appreciate the fact that my garden plots have no monsters blocking them due to the fact that I have really awesome friends that visit my gardens.

I would like to know if anyone else has only gotten 1 pear and no points or rewards for their friends doing all the work on the monster.

I also would like to thank those of you that track all aspects of the game...my gardens are my de-stressers at the end of the day. I appreciate the way you all share your hard work with the rest of us. :)
Tylady
Cuddle

16. May 2018, 04:14

Hi Dixi,

Right back atcha with the awesome friends that help! ;)

If your friends used the 9 clicks and left the monster for you to clear, you should get the pop up when you click on the monster. When you click the continue button it will only give the pop up message that you received (1) Pear.

The only way I know of to track the amount of points received for XP, player league score points and the monsterhunter point is to check them before and write them down to compare after you continue. Sorry I forgot to let everyone know that part. :oops:

That is how I figured it out. It is somewhat annoying to write all that down every time though. Luckily I have checked it enough times that I trust the numbers will be there so have quit writing it down every time. LOL

I just really appreciate the community of people that play this game and try to make it right and help each other.