Reports of bugs and issues in the game

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Icefairy2
Cuddle

25. Aug 2019, 22:27

hello ,
the new event does not work
could you please check it.
first it showed a couple of hours, now 6 days 23 hours.
english is not my first language and my last lesson was a really long time ago. So please excuse my grammar or spelling errors.
My ingame name is Icefairy2 Account ID 20
sweetpickles
Cuddle

25. Aug 2019, 22:54

Ok! I thought it was just me. Same problem here. "The Garden Championship starts on Sunday, the 25th of August at 15:00 CET, and continues until Sunday, the 1st of September at 15:00 CET." That would be 6 in the morning for me.
(Forgetmenot) Live in the Present, Remember the Past, and Fear not the Future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only NOW . . .Saphira
Mazzy-Maz
Shaman

26. Aug 2019, 04:52

I thought it was just me too. Nothing happened.
Be kind, it shows in your eyes.
willow
Fearn

26. Aug 2019, 08:00

I haven't seen anything saying there is an event, checked no countdown nothing
AngelDragonWings
Cuddle

26. Aug 2019, 10:56

it is working now. thank you
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible"
Tenzin Gyatso
willow
Fearn

30. Aug 2019, 17:06

I like the idea of the new game and I did try but for me I find it interferes with my game, I have potions, herbs and powders to produce in the lab to open up plants and upgrade the gardens which I'm fine with even though it has meant that I have been making light potion one 140 times as 70 are needed to unlock two different items, 45 fire powder one and 70 light herb two just to name a few, so using the lab to make level three and four powders and herbs I don't need just now means I can't make the ones I do, same with the plants. If I ever clear everything and get to a level where I am looking for something to do then I'll take part but the making and growing is constant just to try and keep up so, sorry nice idea but not for me I give up :)
Mazzy-Maz
Shaman

31. Aug 2019, 07:07

It all seemed way too complicated :shock: at the start but so far I have managed to juggle everything. If they were asking for more than 2 or 3 items in the Brewery then I would pass that in. So far I haven't had to plant anything that is useless. I have learnt that it doesn't matter what level you are at, there is still a need to keep up stocks of all plants. I find that in this game it is good to try and keep level with all areas of the game. I do agree with Willow though. I will pass on this Championship if it makes it hard to continue with my usual game. I am looking at it as a fun extra game not a necessity. Also I will see how useful the prize is at the end of the week. :)
Cikala
Gardener

2. Sep 2019, 05:47

I don't know if this is the best place for event feedback, but that seems to already be the theme, so here goes.

While completing the tasks does slow progress on whatever your current goal is, all the plants and brewery items that are made for the event won't go to waste, as you will need them eventually. I do however find that the end reward is a bit lackluster for a whole week's worth of effort. I ended up with 3 spots with a +1 yield for the next week. Granted, any extra harvest is always appreciated, but it seems like a lot of effort for it, and many people got far less. I suppose as the event goes on, if you are able to rank up into higher tiers you can get higher yield rewards, but if you slack even the slightest you'll drop back down quickly.

I'd like to know how all the players are sorted into the 15 person groups, seeing as how it's only the other 14 people in a group that you are competing against, not the playerbase as a whole, at least as far as I can tell.

Was there no final window detailing where you ranked and what rewards you got when it was over? I didn't notice one. It would be nice to have, especially if you weren't online shortly before the event ends to see where you are.
Mazzy-Maz
Shaman

2. Sep 2019, 07:51

I too would like to see the final rankings and also to know when this week starts.
Tylady
Cuddle

2. Sep 2019, 18:16

I know if you go to the event section and click on the gardener that there is a paragraph at the bottom detailing your results, but not a listing of your entire group or any other group for that matter. Might be nice to see a site wide ranking page or something.

Also, the time till the next event is noted at the top of this screen as well.

We have been discussing it in our clan as well and many agree that the reward does not justify the amount of work, resources and delays to your ongoing progress. Some spent lilies, mice and energy; while others did not rank that high. Or in my case did not spend a lot, but made almost no progress on my daily garden goals. I agree that the extra yield is nice, but for the level of work, I feel it should be more. More spaces, other rewards...something else.

Also, we were wondering how the groups were chosen, how the requested items were decided or chosen. Most of us noted that the highest ranking in our group were very low level players. I cannot complete with a person getting plants and potions that only take an hour or two when I am getting Flame Caps at 27 hours and level 8 herbs that take over 6 hours and a substantial amount of resources.

I think the premise and idea of additional events are great and appreciate the Devs effort and ideas, I just think the execution of this one needs a bit of work and tweaking now that it has run once. I believe if it stays the same, that many of us will not be participating again.