Growing pains: Ancestor Grove

Reports of bugs and issues in the game

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Picard
Squishem

30. Aug 2016, 20:56

I got a report in Chat that the screen froze when accessing the Ancestor Grove but I have not noticed the problem when using Firefox.

The gamer who reported the problem (Cecili) stated that it occurred when using both Chrome and Edge.

Since I did receive a trouble report, I thought it might be useful to collate them all in one place to help the Developers so, if you have any trouble with the new Ancestors Grove, please make a post here.
Picard
Squishem

30. Aug 2016, 21:03

After entering into the Ancestor Grove but I could not understand what the (German?) text says. :(

When I fed it through Google Translate, I got:
The Tree Grove
Here you can send your ancestors honor by sacrificing the sacred ancestral trees fruit. This can sing for you your ancestors. This supports you in many different ways.
Looks a bit awkward in English. A possibly better English version might be:
The Tree Grove
Here you can send your ancestors honor by sacrificing fruit to the sacred ancestral trees. Then they can sing for your ancestors. This supports you in many different ways.
Cecili
Gardener

30. Aug 2016, 21:09

I tried with both Chrome and Edge and the game froze for me on both browsers. However, I use fb as my platform, so it may be related to that. If I click the grove I get the text in the upper left about not having released 4 dragons ( though it shows 0/1 in the count) and all the names of the locations disappear. Refresh is the only way back to the game. White letters on clouds is hard to read by the way and some of the text is hidden under the banner...
Attachments
ancient grove freeze.PNG
ancient grove freeze.PNG (153.87 KiB) Viewed 7032 times
Picard
Squishem

30. Aug 2016, 22:01

I have some images I took of the entrance to the Grove, both before and after a recent dragon returned with Dragon Flowers. Unfortunately, they are too large to include in a post. I will have to store them elsewhere and post a link to the image. I will update this post when they are ready.

[Added]
Before your Dragon returns with Dragon Flowers

After your Dragon returns with Dragon Flowers
Cecili
Gardener

30. Aug 2016, 22:02

Picard wrote:I have some images I took of the entrance to the Grove, both before and after a recent dragon returned with Dragon Flowers. Unfortunately, they are too large to include in a post. I will have to store them elsewhere and post a link to the image. I will update this post when they are ready.
You can ship them to me or upload them on the wiki and I can size them.
Picard
Squishem

30. Aug 2016, 22:09

Cecili wrote:You can ship them to me or upload them on the wiki and I can size them.
Thanks but I've done it now. :)
Picard
Squishem

31. Aug 2016, 16:18

When you click on any of the bottom circles in any of the trees, a grey shield appears with information about that particular circle. The heading for them all is "priorise". I can only assume it should say "prioritize" in English?

If any of the other circles are clicked on right now, there is no heading and the text appears to be correct English indicating that the circle is locked right now.
Cecili
Gardener

1. Sep 2016, 02:07

Once entering the grove, some of the text is in German, unlocking a song on the tree gives a conflicting demand for fruit. The bar says 0/90 but the cost is listed as 10 fruit. Is it that we need to sacrifice 10 fruit, 9 times to activate the song?
Attachments
unlocking song.PNG
unlocking song.PNG (114.96 KiB) Viewed 7017 times
Eddard
Herb Witch

8. Sep 2016, 10:38

Hi Cecili,

if you sacrifice 10 fruit you will get 1 point.
If you sacrifice fruits with affinity, you'll get 3 points for 10 fruit.

Best regards,
Eddard
"My acorn is missing... Did you eat the acorn?... You owe me a new acorn."
Cecili
Gardener

9. Sep 2016, 05:43

Yes, my clan figured it out. Thanks! :)