Clan event

Reports of bugs and issues in the game

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

karenrollins
Star Gazer

25. Jan 2021, 04:41

This event was supposed to meet other clans in the game and we have had the same exact clan three times in a row. It appears that this is not a random thing as every other clan in the game has had a different clan to work with except us. That would make it a problem that has now happened twice since the beginning of the event.
karenrollins
Star Gazer

25. Jan 2021, 04:46

Eddard, you told me that it was just a coincidence that we were the only two clans to be paired a second time. Being paired a third time with the same exact clan again does not sound like a coincidence.
williawc
Gardener

25. Jan 2021, 05:07

I agree with Karen
I had held my comments, as I had been one of the people accused of being on a witch hunt by Eddard.
But in our second game with the same clan, they decided to "talk" about me, again.
This is BULLSH**.

There is no reason for our two clans to be assigned each other three times in a row
There is no reason to subject either clan to the hostilities that can occur by being forced on each other

Defiantly
Williawc stands in unison with Nita1
Williawc, calls out, "Where are you??!!
Nita1 whispers, "I'm in the garden...with Dragons"
Eddard
Herb Witch

25. Jan 2021, 17:50

Hi you two,

oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that. After talking with the developers, they assured me that this was just a coincidence. Once again I am asking for their technical support. ;)
"My acorn is missing... Did you eat the acorn?... You owe me a new acorn."
blueberrygirl
Horn Mole

25. Jan 2021, 23:50

I have to agree with Nita and Karen, this is messed up. This game is supposed to be fun and relaxing and I thought the idea of meeting new clans was cool but seeing people being bullied is wrong and it makes it not fun to play this game. I understand it being a coincidence for a second time but the third time doesn't seem coincidence.
karenrollins
Star Gazer

26. Jan 2021, 07:22

and that Misty, is one of the reasons i am so upset. i sat by and watched the other clan's members be spoken down to with sickly sweet sarcastic tones. eventually the bullying became a bit more overt. when nastiness turned to our clanmate, that was it for me. i'm here to have fun. i was looking forward to this event to meet other game members we would possibly never get to meet. in addition to that, i expected to find players who respect not only their own clan but other members of other clans as well. sorely disappointed so far, and it could be a great little game, good for all. not so in this case.
i cannot trust that this is some sort of coincidence however. when it was first reported that we got the same clan, it should have been something looked for.
Eddard
Herb Witch

26. Jan 2021, 10:47

Where does the bullying take place and from who? You know, that you can always reach out to the support. We don't accept harassment or bullying in any form or way. Please give me the details so I can take action.
williawc
Gardener

28. Jan 2021, 00:24

Sorry Eddard, I don't log-in here daily. Karen let me know you requested more info (Thanks Karen)

The bullying was against me, in the mini-game chat & my clan defended me.

It started when I changed my outfit for New Years. The long gown, in purple.
As I was the player who was infected by shadow, both clans could see what I was wearing in the event.

I went into the event to work/harvest stuff and a player on the other team (I don't remember who exactly) posted, "Eeewwwww, purple!!"
I replied, "What's wrong with purple?"
Response, "It doesn't look good with that dress" (approximately)
Response, "Oh is that your favorite color?" "Sorwey"
I replied, "Talking about how someone dresses the avatar, is really not a good way to make friends". Then I did not comment any more.

NOTE: There had been a discussion that they were not happy about being in competition with us. My clan responded that this was supposed to be a friendly team work game not a competition. I did not get involved in this discussion, I was still trying to be "quite"

Several of my clan members came to my defense. They stated Purple was theirs, their daughters, and/or their grand daughters favorite color. Several of them even changed their avatar clothes to match mine.

There were a few other comments that had to do with the game and how it's played. Example Xindi has told her clan not to harvest stuff that was not on the list. Karen (my clan) let her know that they should harvest everything, as those items went into queue and would be counted, if/when they appeared on the list.

Then I'm not sure what happened... Several post later
Xindi posted (approximately), "Sorry Sabrina (Daisy) but I have to say this, we all know Nita1 is a big meany... bla, bla, bla.
I really don't care what she thinks of me. I have not spoken to Xindi or Sabrina(Daisy) since Nov when I was told I was a part of the witch hunt and responded to that. I have no idea why she felt the need to bring it up here, in front of people who were not involved.

Again, several of my clam mates came to my defense, saying I was a nice person and they had only ever seen me be "mean" when I was having to deal with a jerk. (ie Venomous Snake)

I am not sure if the other clan responded as the game ended.

I will not talk about how I think she treats her clan (I am not a member there)
I know I tell my clan that we are better than what happened here (above).
We help & support each other, we treat each other with respect and I appreciate their efforts in my defense. Having spent 4 - 5 year with several of them, as the clan leader, they would know "me" better that anyone else.

I hope this helps
Defiantly
Williawc stands in unison with Nita1
Williawc, calls out, "Where are you??!!
Nita1 whispers, "I'm in the garden...with Dragons"
Eddard
Herb Witch

28. Jan 2021, 11:31

Hi williawc,

thanks for writing all of that down. I have to say, people commenting they don't like the color of a dress does not really sound alarm bells for me.
We have had cases in which players threatened to harm other players physically or insulted them really badly. I am not really sure if the comment from a player that just doesn't like purple is considered harassment.

Now I don't want to take away your pain or how you feel about this. Of course, you do have the right to be upset about that and I can be wrong with how I feel about it. I just wanted to throw that into the discussion.

Best regards,
Eddard
karenrollins
Star Gazer

28. Jan 2021, 17:33

a bully can be different things. i did send you a PM. You cannot physically injure someone here, although you surely can threaten them, but the more obvious form is intimidation.No one should be instigating bad feelings. there is also something known as harassment, which is a form of intimidation. Name calling, becoming angry, or attempts to control people through fear would fall under harassment.

bul·ly1
/ˈbo͝olē/
Learn to pronounce
verb
gerund or present participle: bullying
seek to harm, intimidate, or coerce (someone perceived as vulnerable).

Harassment covers a wide range of behaviors of an offensive nature. It is commonly understood as behavior that demeans, humiliates or embarrasses a person, and it is characteristically identified by its unlikelihood in terms of social and moral reasonableness. When these behaviors become repetitive, it is defined as bullying. The continuity or repetitiveness and the aspect of distressing, alarming or threatening may distinguish it from insult.

Overt behaviors like bullying and harassment cause the plummeting of morale and productivity, among other things. ... Passive aggressive behavior is covert, subtle and an indirect form of aggression. Examples of passive-aggressive behavior might include avoiding direct or clear communication, evading problems, fear of intimacy or competition, making excuses, blaming others, obstructionism, playing the victim, feigning compliance with requests, SARCASM, BACKHANDED COMMENTS, and hiding anger.

example of passive aggressive voicing: you ate 6 donuts and i didn't get any. don't worry, that's cool. i can see how much you like donuts....
OR Nita, i know you hate me, but i really like that dress.