copy and paste? not right!

Here's the place for constructive criticism and praises.

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

karenrollins
Star Gazer

30. Oct 2017, 19:31

so strangely enough i noticed that on the halloween event there was a person who must have copied and pasted my halloween movie answers as they are exactly the same movies in exactly the same order. i searched for that person in the game and could not find him/her...must have a different gamer name but i think that was disrespectful.
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

31. Oct 2017, 05:41

It maybe Karen and it really isn't the right way to go about the games but as you all receive the same prize it is passable but as you say, "not right". If there was only one winner then we would be looking at this more seriously.
Everything in life is magical, including dragons, elves, gnomes and fairies. Enjoy everything!
karenrollins
Star Gazer

11. Nov 2017, 05:21

i understand that. it was a bit obvious and as many movies are out there it's not like it wasn't an easy game (they could have googled a thousand of them... nosferatu is not a very well known movie since it was done like back in the 30'sor something like that and that was what first caught my eye) . it was just disappointing to see someone blatantly do that. i'm all about respect, and that was, in my opinion, not respectful of me, other players, or management. i hope they have a bit more integrity and really embrace what the games are all about next time. it was fun to see all the answers other people came up with and i saw movie names i haven't thought of in years that i would like to see again because of the game. you guys are doing a really great job <3
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

11. Nov 2017, 06:21

karenrollins wrote:i understand that. it was a bit obvious and as many movies are out there it's not like it wasn't an easy game (they could have googled a thousand of them... nosferatu is not a very well known movie since it was done like back in the 30'sor something like that and that was what first caught my eye) . it was just disappointing to see someone blatantly do that. i'm all about respect, and that was, in my opinion, not respectful of me, other players, or management. i hope they have a bit more integrity and really embrace what the games are all about next time. it was fun to see all the answers other people came up with and i saw movie names i haven't thought of in years that i would like to see again because of the game. you guys are doing a really great job <3
I agree with what you are saying and I hope that in future this will not happen again. It is more fun to work out your own answers rather than copy someone else. The main reason for these Events is to thank all the players of Magoia but also to get our players used to the forum so that they will find many hints to help them with their game. We also want it to be a place where you can come to post your thoughts or play some of the many fun games that are available. Please don't let someone ruin your fun :)
Everything in life is magical, including dragons, elves, gnomes and fairies. Enjoy everything!
Aramina
Star Gazer

11. Nov 2017, 07:17

We must also think that many players are not English culture, so they do not know the names of English movies, so it is easier for them to participate in the game in this way.
It would be a shame for these people not to be able to play, while they are connected every day, do not you think ? ;)
Good vibes and energies Image
Aeris64
Shaman

11. Nov 2017, 14:09

karenrollins wrote: it was just disappointing to see someone blatantly do that. i'm all about respect, and that was, in my opinion, not respectful of me, other players, or management.
I'm not sure why you would consider this disrespectful. There are a number of reasons that copy and paste are employed, one of which Aramina mentioned.

If you have a facebook account you do it yourself, all the time, if not literally then by using the share button. Have you been disrespectful for re-posting all those pictures, videos, quotes, etc. or did you check with their creators before re-posting them?

There is no need to take it personally in a bad way, as the person could have copied and pasted ANY post, they chose yours, maybe it was random or maybe they considered yours looked especially smart/good to them.

It was a list in a game; I'm not saying it was the correct way to play the game, but your reaction - looking for them in game and posting here seems a bit extreme to me. Magoia is about helping... helping each others gardens, helping heal our trees, helping feed the Grove and yes, imho, helping someone who can't come up with their own answer in one of these forum events, for whatever reason.

Those are just my thoughts on the subject. I hope you feel better now that you have talked about your feelings on it. :) I do.

Aeris64
~~ I know you're probably thinking "Oh no she didn't!" but I just so totally did!! ~~
Aramina
Star Gazer

11. Nov 2017, 14:32

I could not say better Image
MazMazzifyMaz
Herb Witch

11. Nov 2017, 14:56

Let's give Karen a break. Anyone would think she has broken some law. She only stated her opinion. Can we all move on?
There is always a hidden owl in knowledge
Aramina
Star Gazer

11. Nov 2017, 15:09

But we all have already moved on ;)
And she did not break any law
karenrollins
Star Gazer

11. Nov 2017, 16:27

MazMazzifyMaz wrote:Let's give Karen a break. Anyone would think she has broken some law. She only stated her opinion. Can we all move on?

yes.... please. ... getting ridiculous at this point. it was only my opinion . it's over let's play Magoia and move on to the next game and just have fun.