Feb 7th, 2018 Game

Here's the place for constructive criticism and praises.

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Grammh
Dragonspider

8. Feb 2018, 01:40

I am all for the games you have been putting on the forum to get people used to using it. However, todays game is to hard for some people. If you are going to have games, they should be easy enough for everyone to play. If not, then there should be no games at all. When you make the games harder, you are purposely excluding a part of the people that play this game. Not everyone has the same computer skills. When people post directions, everyone's computers are different, so what works on one computer will not work on another. With this latest game, you have been unfair.
Everyone, weather they have played the game or not should be awarded the prize.

I could not do this game and feel that I have been discriminated against for my lack of computer skills. Not everyone has the same education when it comes to using computers. After all, we are not all part of the admin or Bill Gates (Microsoft founder)

Grammh
P.S.
I would have played the game but do not know how to do animations. I have played many of the games in the past.
Last edited by Grammh on 8. Feb 2018, 05:28, edited 1 time in total.
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

8. Feb 2018, 02:37

I understand and will discuss this with Admin. For now, maybe you could put up the Word that you would have used and explain that you did not know how to do the animation. Thank you for letting us know.
Everything in life is magical, including dragons, elves, gnomes and fairies. Enjoy everything!
Aramina
Star Gazer

8. Feb 2018, 09:31

Hello Grammh, there is another solution ...
Explain to me what was difficult for you, and I will explain to you so that this game is as easy for you ;)
What do you think ?
Good vibes and energies Image
Cikala
Gardener

8. Feb 2018, 21:41

I have to agree with Grammh. I personally am very computer literate, and don't have a problem with games such as that, but I understand that there are a lot of people who do not have that ability. It doesn't matter if you explain things step by step, there will always be people who still have a hard time with it. Add in language differences and you just compound the problem. I imagine there are also people who play Magoia on their phone or tablet rather than a desktop PC, and that changes things yet again.

I realize the admin and mods were just trying to do something to engage the players and have some fun, but please realize that what's fun for one person, could be very confusing and frustrating for another.
Grammh
Dragonspider

8. Feb 2018, 22:56

Grammh wrote:I am all for the games you have been putting on the forum to get people used to using it. However, todays game is to hard for some people. If you are going to have games, they should be easy enough for everyone to play. If not, then there should be no games at all. When you make the games harder, you are purposely excluding a part of the people that play this game. Not everyone has the same computer skills. When people post directions, everyone's computers are different, so what works on one computer will not work on another. With this latest game, you have been unfair.
Everyone, weather they have played the game or not should be awarded the prize.

I could not do this game and feel that I have been discriminated against for my lack of computer skills. Not everyone has the same education when it comes to using computers. After all, we are not all part of the admin or Bill Gates (Microsoft founder)

Grammh
P.S.
I would have played the game but do not know how to do animations. I have played many of the games in the past.
The game is now over, so there is no reason to explain to me on how to do animation. Kind of a waste of time and energy since I will never use it in the future. If you only want people that have a computer education to play your game, just say so, the door is close by and I can leave at any time.
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

8. Feb 2018, 23:51

I understand and I think we need to come up with a solution that will suit everyone who plays. We want everyone to come and use the forum and hopefully have their questions answered or just play a fun game. I apologise to everyone who has felt left out.
Everything in life is magical, including dragons, elves, gnomes and fairies. Enjoy everything!
sweetpickles
Cuddle

9. Feb 2018, 02:00

Big kudos to the moderators of this forum! In my opinion you get a big Image .
With all the recent complaints, I'm not to sure I would have been as kind as you have been. If in the future you decide to do another 'animations' game (which I particularly enjoy), perhaps you could allow players who find it too difficult to accomplish just to type something like "Opt Out" or "Can't Do It". It would show that they tried to participate and would then make them eligible for whatever prize is allotted? Just a thought.
Personally I'm looking forward to the free Image. Thanks for all you do!
(Forgetmenot) Live in the Present, Remember the Past, and Fear not the Future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only NOW . . .Saphira
Aramina
Star Gazer

9. Feb 2018, 06:52

But that's what we do, whoever fails to display his image, or makes a friend say that he can not enter the forum (registration problem), or if he says he do not know how to do it, we give the gifts to all these people ...
Just as Grammh received her gift yesterday because she said here that she could not play ...
I fully understand that it's frustrating for people who can not participate, that's why I volunteered to help her, so that the next game with pictures finally seems simple and accessible for her..

Edit: I wanted to add one thing ..
We are preparing the FAQ, in this FAQ there is a whole article that explains how to use the features of the messages, including a part about the insertion of the image in a message. Explained with details, screenshots etc ...
Wednesday I asked Eddard if we could post them on the forum, it was the beginning of the game and I thought it would be useful for a lot of people, but he was too busy elsewhere and he did not have time validate our work.
I apologize to all of you for not thinking about asking him earlier
Last edited by Aramina on 13. Feb 2018, 12:11, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: more explanations
Good vibes and energies Image
Joolie
Shaman

9. Feb 2018, 21:40

I too am a bit useless with computers but I have finally got the hang of the animations ( took me a while & a lot of trial & error ) just an idea if you do these games again in the future. . For the players who can't do them for whatever reason, what if they type in their word & then HELP NEEDED, the next player if they are able, reads their post & does the animation for them.
We help each other all the time in the game in our gardens & with tree healing so why not in the forum ? We are just a group of players trying to have a break from the game & have a bit of fun & get to know a little about each other, no-one should be made to feel stressed or left out . I personally would have no problem helping someone who was having difficulty & there will come a time I wont be able to do something but knowing "friends" will help will be a good thing. :D
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

10. Feb 2018, 04:03

Joolie wrote:I too am a bit useless with computers but I have finally got the hang of the animations ( took me a while & a lot of trial & error ) just an idea if you do these games again in the future. For the players who can't do them for whatever reason, what if they type in their word & then HELP NEEDED, the next player if they are able, reads their post & does the animation for them.
We help each other all the time in the game in our gardens & with tree healing so why not in the forum? We are just a group of players trying to have a break from the game & have a bit of fun & get to know a little about each other, no-one should be made to feel stressed or left out. I personally would have no problem helping someone who was having difficulty & there will come a time I won't be able to do something but knowing "friends" will help will be a good thing. :D
What a good idea Joolie. I love the idea of everyone helping each other.