Ancestor Grove Changes

Here's the place for constructive criticism and praises.

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

April525
Dragonspider

15. Feb 2018, 07:33

The recent updates are just a final straw... There are multiple issues with the game that don't ever seem to be addressed, which is why I think complaints about the grove changes are low. I frequently have missing dragon feeds (where I log in and it acts like I didn't feed them), empty gardens, etc. When you feed the dragons different fruit, it short changes you so that you have to give it an extra one. Some of the events, require so much more of value than what you get in return etc. I do enjoy so many aspects of the game (which is why I've remained a daily player for over a year), but as we reach higher levels and higher requirements make playing almost tedious. I felt the ancestor grove was such a nice addition to the game, but these changes... they make it... overwhelming. I've pushed through burn out with this game more than once, and the grove was a factor in helping with that bc it gave my clan an opportunity to be more competitive. As it stands now... every clan will just remain in their normal spots which takes a lot of the fun away.
Mara Ver'dusk
Fearn

15. Feb 2018, 07:38

I have read each of the posts regarding the changes to the Ancestor Grove and am in full agreement. I think that it is important that Administration fully understand the impact of what this change has done to the Atmosphere of this Lovely Game.

I do understand that Magoia is a game created by a business and that businesses are about making money to grow and survive in this day and age. It is a competitive market out there for the consumers money.

Magoia is more than just a Game for so many of us. It is how we can 'unwind' and squeeze some Fun into our busy schedules and connect with players from around the World.

When people visit an Amusement Park or Carnival - they do understand that they are paying to have some Fun and enjoyment. It is something you look forward to. With that said, if there are too many 'restrictions' or 'rules' that diminish/take away the 'fun', people generally do not return. Word gets around because it is human nature to warn your friends and family to not waste their time and money. To avoid a bad experience. People will go so far as to discuss it in line while shopping. I'm sure that each person at your company has had a not so great experience or two in their lives that they have shared and can empathize with where I am going here... 1 person tells 20 people about a bad experience etc.*

My point is this - The change to the Ancestor Grove takes away the fun and challenge of completing a tree and being rewarded. The goals are practically unobtainable for experienced players let alone newer players. You are making it too Hard to have Fun. This has created a Negative Impact that can not be undone. This has become about the players buying more Lily's to help achieve the Prize for their Clan. The Magic has been diminished. How can Administration possibly undo that?

I have been looking forward to my 2 year anniversary of playing this game in March and looking forward to buying a package to Celebrate : ) Do you know I have Seriously wondered if I should continue playing? Most of my Clan members and Friends are boycotting the Ancestor Grove altogether. Shame on You.

I honestly appreciate all of the Fun Events - but this bad business decision appears to be about the profit. Disneyland makes sure you remember the Magic. Bring the Magic Back Please.

*I would like to point out that one of the Game portals is through Facebook. Word can spread fast. Administration needs to move quickly to prevent any more Fallout here.

Pet Dragon - Thank You for being our Advocate and All of your Help to continue making Magoia Fun! I did not 'say' this in my original post and I should have.

Respectfully,
Mara Ver'dusk
Last edited by Mara Ver'dusk on 15. Feb 2018, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

15. Feb 2018, 07:51

As a Moderator and also a player I completely understand how everyone is feeling. As Moderators, we can assure you that ALL complaints/thoughts/issues are being passed on to those that make the decisions. We understand and want all the players to be happy and to enjoy Magoia. We will keep you all updated.
Everything in life is magical, including dragons, elves, gnomes and fairies. Enjoy everything!
Cecili
Gardener

15. Feb 2018, 08:48

All games tend to have adjustments, but the changes to the grove are excessive. My clan songs increased by more than 4 times the previous amount. Unlocking songs now takes 5 times as many tree points. We were already stalled on unlocking new songs because of lack of tree points.
As I see it:
1) The grove will become much less popular as people get tired of not seeing progress or rewards. For a new clan or newer clan, the grove has become impossible. The new clans already struggle with harvesting enough fruit to raise dragons. They don't have thousand of excess fruit for the groves. This will not make them buy more trees, rather they will just ignore the grove once they have completed the tutorial quest.
2) The change has created a gap in ability to raise dragons between those with the ancestor dragon and those without. The clan leagues will be stagnant. Those with the level 3 ancestor dragons will stay in League 1 on practically a permanent basis.
3) Membership in the top clans just became more valuable since the chances of a non- top clan moving up just decreased significantly. (ELO has openings! LOL)
4) The number of fruit needed to complete a song will now be a moving target if you change the number of people in your clan, so completed bonuses will be threatened if you add more members.
5) I fear the number of fruit required as we progress will be astronomical. At level 3, song 2, my clan needs approximately 2000 points. The trees in the grove go to level 10. We are still waiting on a solution to the astronomical point and energy demands for the tree healings and this may have the same problem eventually.
All in all, it's a poor way to get rid of excess fruit and it's more of a case of cement shoes and swim in the bay rather than a speed bump for the grove.
Azreah
Fearn

15. Feb 2018, 19:28

Hello Pet Dragon,
Please don't think we are angry with you. You have done a great job as a liaison for us and the higher ups. The games and fun is really great. Being a messenger is very hard, and can be dangerous at times. ;) Even if it is snowballs. We do appreciate everything you do.
The newest changes have us all a bit angry. The ancestor grove is for in-clan use. A way for us to get things outside of holidays and special events. It shouldn't be something outside of the clan, like it has just been made. I for one am very upset that it has been done. My clan was 50 points, or fruit away from unlocking a new song and then it went to 1710. Can you imagine what my clan thought? I donate a lot myself so others who are lower in levels don't have to stress about it. But now this is something I can't even do. I feel we have all been slapped for playing and having fun. So I am encouraging my clan to write to support and I urge everyone else to do the same. This is ( In-Clan) for us to have a smell reward for all our hard work.
So please don't think you are the bad guy here...you are not! We love all the fun things you do. I love this game, as most of us do. That is why we are angry.
Thank you
Azreah Darkshayn
meme1
Shaman

15. Feb 2018, 22:51

Hello Pet Dragon, from the outset I want you to know that I think you do a great job and help all you can. I love this game and know that not long ago you was concerned about the players leaving the game. You asked us what we thought could be done to improve this and you have given us Sunday and surprise events which I and others enjoy playing . However despite all your hard work the developers in their wisdom have changed the Ancestor Grove this update is having an adverse effect on the majority of players. I am really concerned that many clan members will leave this game, I therefore strongly suggest that the developers reinstate our Ancestor Grove to the format we had.

meme1
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

15. Feb 2018, 23:58

As Moderators, we try very hard to liaison between players and Administration. We always pass on everyone's ideas and thoughts and all the comments about the Ancestor Grove have been heard and definitely understood. We are hoping that your comments about these changes will be listened to but unfortunately, we have no say.

Dodge's giant snowball!! Haha!!!!! You nearly got me.

Seriously, please know that we are trying very hard to get your thoughts heard by those who make the decisions.
Everything in life is magical, including dragons, elves, gnomes and fairies. Enjoy everything!
WoadWriter
Squishem

16. Feb 2018, 09:29

Just seconding the concerns that have already been raised.
Previously it was the energy cost of the grove that was prohibitive (when taken into account with the energy cost of tree healing), now it's the fruit cost. I don't think most of us would mind a varying scale of challenge on the grove, as long as it wasn't this extreme -- raise each level's difficulty, but by a percentage (15-30%) not an astronomical jump that has the entire clan saying "forget it."

Remember, smaller clans will be locked and stagnant on the grove anyway because they don't have the tree healing points. Even larger clans have a problem with tree points, because the more success their players have, the harder it is for the player to succeed again. I only made my last tree healing because of the bonuses from the special events!

When the Grove first started, I was in a small clan and was the only one capable of feeding the grove due to fruit. In a large clan I had rare opportunities due to energy expenditure on dragons... I guess we just need balance...
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

16. Feb 2018, 09:33

Thank you for letting us know your thoughts, Woadwriter. I think balance is a very descriptive word for what the players are looking for.
vkl
Dragonspider

16. Feb 2018, 12:39

I agree with what's being said. Is the point to ultimately remove the grove and no one will mind? My clan has decided to continue working on it, for now, in the hopes that the devs will fix this mess they have created. We won't be doing that much longer, though, since it's just wasting our fruit. It's taking a long time to get a response on this. Such a huge failed change should be fixed immediately, before people give up and quit in droves.