not really a fan of the new plant clicks

Here's the place for constructive criticism and praises.

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

karenrollins
Star Gazer

13. Dec 2018, 17:56

although people love collecting the bracelets there is a big downside to this.... there is no competition anymore for placing in the league. no matter what, everyone will always be able to click all the clicks and get the same amount of bracelets every single time.... which will always leave every person in the same place in the friends league. the people with the most friends will always have the highest ranking. i see the advantages, because there are some people who do not play as regularly as others, but again, why have a league if there is no competition? it would be different if people could click the mature plants for less bracelets, say a half bracelet, and immature plants get a full click... that way people are still getting bracelets, but at least there is more of a competition... members will be more inclined to seek out the immature plants to get more bracelets and those who do will be able to compete for a different position in the league because numbers will be different. probably a very unpopular post, but i miss the competition that it used to bring. i liked it when we were vying for a spot in the friends league. i liked deciding to get rid of a friend because they were not planting or contributing and getting a new one that was. everything else here has competition either in a clan or a personal challenge, but the friends league no longer does.
Rita G.
Gardener

13. Dec 2018, 19:09

It was most likely a business decision and probably won't change. The competition aspect is still there to a certain extent. It all depends on how many water lilies a player is willing to use on new friend slots, extra clovers, or to finish off a monster in order to get additional bracelets.
Mazzy-Maz
Shaman

14. Dec 2018, 03:56

I understand exactly what you mean Karen. I have also noticed that a few players are not clicking plants correctly. Now a player doesn't need to go an see if there are new plants to click. Most players will not even go an check other gardens and will just click on a mature plant. I am unsure of how this new system works. Does the click on a mature plant give the owner an extra plant? The competition has gone from this as now the only way to beat a player is to have more friends and that means using more water lilies to buy slots. We shall wait and see. From the point of making clicking easier, it has done that, but i think we have lost out also.
Be kind, it shows in your eyes.
karenrollins
Star Gazer

14. Dec 2018, 05:43

that is exactly how i feel Maz. it would be so much better if clicking mature plants was different than clicking new plants. and what i noticed is that you can click on a tree that already has fruit on it UGH.... THAT doesn't do the garden owner any good at all. i miss the competition and you are right... in order to move ahead you have to buy more friend slots or buy more clovers. a gain but a loss at the same time.
sweetpickles
Cuddle

14. Dec 2018, 23:49

This has actually helped me a lot. The majority of my friends are in different time zones. Usually when I checked there gardens, they are already fully grown. With this change I have been able to finally clear all of my friends. I have and will always look for the plants not fully grown before I click on any fully grown plant. I also click on Monsters before flowers but I will never "complete" them.
There are always at least two side to every change.
(Forgetmenot) Live in the Present, Remember the Past, and Fear not the Future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only NOW . . .Saphira
Mazzy-Maz
Shaman

15. Dec 2018, 02:17

sweetpickles wrote:This has actually helped me a lot. The majority of my friends are in different time zones. Usually when I checked there gardens, they are already fully grown. With this change I have been able to finally clear all of my friends. I have and will always look for the plants not fully grown before I click on any fully grown plant. I also click on Monsters before flowers but I will never "complete" them.
There are always at least two side to every change.
Hi Sweetpickles,
Yes this is the good side and I like it very much. I also check the players other gardens but sadly many do not. As I scroll through my friends their Aquagardens are clicked and clicked again and then I go to the next garden and it is full of plants to be clicked. You are correct, there are definitely two sides.
Be kind, it shows in your eyes.
Tylady
Cuddle

15. Dec 2018, 04:27

While I understand your point karen, and agree that the upgrade has leveled the playing field in the competition aspect of the league, I do agree with sweetpickles that the benefits supercede the downsides for me. I also have numerous friends is drastically different time zones and the ability to be able to help in their garden where I was only able to sporadically before is great. Also friends can help my garden in the same token.

Also, I always tried to plant long term plants for when I was away for longer periods whether I needed them at that time or not. The ability to plant what I need that day without worry about leaving gardens with unclickable plants for my friends is an improvement as well.

Though I am noticing more people clicking randomly again. We still need to remember to finish a plant, matured or growing before starting clicks on another. The friend will still not get credit for the plant if the clicks are not completed.

Also, I checked on the Tree aspect you mentioned and I was unable to actually click on matured trees. It would show the symbol when you hover over the tree, but it would not let me click anything and would not pull up the information window. I am thinking maybe that is a glitch in the new programming.
karenrollins
Star Gazer

15. Dec 2018, 17:19

i understand all the upsides to this. however, like Mazz states, there are many plants that people want clicked that will remain unclicked because people don't bother going to search the other gardens, and again, the competition aspect of it has been all but removed, therefore a league is of no consequence. it would be a great addition and would continue the competition part if there were a difference in clicking a new plant vs a mature plant. this would give the best of both worlds. competition would still be there because you have the option of clicking a mature plant and getting a lower amount, or searching for an immature plant and getting more. in addition to that, people would be more likely to enjoy a person who plants more often, so they can get more bracelets by clicking a younger plant. no one knows the issues of different time zones than i do as i'm in Arizona and we are at the end of the day, while many people, when my day ends, have already started their day and by the time i wake up their plants are mature, and by the time i get back from work, the new plants they planted are mature. i'm not saying to take away that part of it, i'm just saying to do something to bring back competition and this would help without removing the benefit to those clicking because they would still get bracelets for mature plants, but also for the owner of the garden in more ways because in order to get a bigger bracelet benefit people would go through the garden to search for a younger plant for better bracelet yield and would see ones they marked and also trees people would like clicked that aren't in the aqua garden.
sweetpickles
Cuddle

16. Dec 2018, 00:33

And what if there are NO Immature plants? Puts me right back to the same position I was in before the change. I don't believe that all players are just clicking on fully grown plants without checking to see if there are younger plants that need attention. We have all been well schooled about the art of "Plant Clicking", and I believe that the majority of players would check for immature or partially clicked plants before they chose to click on fully grown ones.
(Forgetmenot) Live in the Present, Remember the Past, and Fear not the Future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only NOW . . .Saphira
karenrollins
Star Gazer

16. Dec 2018, 07:43

sweetpickles wrote:And what if there are NO Immature plants? Puts me right back to the same position I was in before the change. I don't believe that all players are just clicking on fully grown plants without checking to see if there are younger plants that need attention. We have all been well schooled about the art of "Plant Clicking", and I believe that the majority of players would check for immature or partially clicked plants before they chose to click on fully grown ones.

i dont think you get what i'm saying. i'm saying that BOTH can be clicked but to make it more competitive, if you click the younger plants you get more bracelets. if your friend has not planted more in a while then you know to delete that friend. the competition has been removed from here. you either buy up many slots and have such an overwhelming number of friends that you can just win all the time no matter what, and have all the time in the world to just click on everyone's plants, or you have some sort of opportunity to be more competitive like it was before. most people will NOT take the time to look for plants in other gardens if there is an easier plant to click on right in front of them. basic human instinct. and no. i've seen many people's gardens with several plants to "finish".... i've also gone into the other gardens and seen mature plants with friend marks that were never clicked because they were in a different garden than the easiest one to get to. i ahve also seen people who, and i don't know why, will go into the last garden and click on a plant with 4 clicks knowing that no one will go there and finish it. the majority of the people click on what is the easiest thing to do period. others, who do what the last person i've seen doing, do it for God knows why. not the "friendly" thing to do because it is a waste of clicks. not looking to put people back into the same position as they were before the change, but looking to keep a challenge, which there is no longer one. it will always be the same people getting the same number of bracelets every single time and keeping the same exact position every single time. therefore there is no need for a league as there is no real chance of any change in the league numbers unlesss you buy tons of friend spaces with lilies and have the time to click on all of them every day.