Ancestor Grove changes

Ask all your questions here!

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Cecili
Gardener

8. Feb 2018, 19:11

"- Ancestral grove will be changed up.
1. If there's no branch open, it will cost very few tree points to open one, the second will then cost more and the third even more, and so on.
2. Furthermore: Tree point costs will be calculated in accordance with the clan amount of players and how many times a branch has been done already.
3. The fruit cost that is needed to finish a branch, will be highly increased - the higher the rank of the tree, the higher the cost.
4. Fruit cost will be doubled when donating, in turn, the energy will be lowered to 2.

-The ancestral dragon will only give dragon plants from rank 5 onwards. "

So if I am reading this correctly,
1. Unlocking the songs on the tree will be progressively harder, not just for the songs within the trees, but for each successive tree level. And larger clans will have even higher requirements. Creating increasing difficulty in completing the trees through increasing tree points demand.
2. Fruit demand in total for a song will be increased in the new update again for each song and for each successive tree.
3. Fruit demand on individual days will also be increasing through doubling (10, 20, 40, 80 instead of the current 10, 20, 30, 40), but the energy will be lowered.
4. No dragon plant bonus until the clan has a level 5 dragon. (Might as well just remove the plants from the equation altogether. It will take years to get to +1 plant.)

Will the tree points demand be based on the actual number of players in the clan or the total number of possible players in the clan? This could be a real problem for older clans that are not full. Yes, they could add more members, but new members cannot participate in tree healing until level 12.
Will there be a cap on how high the fruit cost will go? We already have problems with progressive increases in the game regarding the world tree healing and the individual gamer tree healing. This could turn into another astronomical numbers problem.

My clan is already halted on progress in the grove. We do not have the tree points to unlock the songs. Increasing the number of tree points required for unlocks will halt progress for clans even sooner. Unless the starting point on the grove is being set very low and progressing from there, new clans will have a lot of difficulty with the grove. The baby clans already struggle with harvesting enough fruit for dragons. Perhaps the grove should not unlock until later for them, since you need tree points and they will not be accumulating them until they are above level 12, but can be in a clan at level 6. We already have a high attrition rate on the game for the lower level players. Adding more frustration at the lower levels will not help.
Elk8
Dragonspider

12. Feb 2018, 23:30

I have had 5 dragons to fly off yet my ancestral grove says I have 0 dragons to fly. how do I get the dragon to fly
Cecili
Gardener

12. Feb 2018, 23:56

Elk8 wrote:I have had 5 dragons to fly off yet my ancestral grove says I have 0 dragons to fly. how do I get the dragon to fly
Are you looking at opening the grove or are you looking at the ancestor dragon? The ancestor dragon will only start counting dragons when you have leveled up your trees. Each collected (not sent out as the term 'fly' suggests) dragon should count towards the total once you have leveled up your trees.
Cecili
Gardener

13. Feb 2018, 16:15

The ancestor dragon still claims to pay extra dragon plants, was this left in error?
AngelDragonWings
Cuddle

18. May 2018, 03:06

what does permanent + 1 max energy mean?
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible"
Tenzin Gyatso
Callia
Forum Moderator

18. May 2018, 04:19

AngelDragonWings wrote:what does permanent + 1 max energy mean?
It means - when you look at your energy bar - on the RIGHT number - that is your max energy number - when you get the +1 bonus - THAT number (on the right) will raise by one point - meaning you will be able to gain one extra passive energy point then you could before.

So if you show 238/58 -- that means you amassed 238 energy - you are over energy generation - but if you use all that energy and went down to - say - 10/58 then the auto generator would start counting up the energy over time (for free) until it read 58/58. It would not go over 58, however. Then you would need bonuses to raise the energy higher as the auto generator would stop until you are again below 58 -- SOOO.. raising the number on the right allows MORE passive energy to generate. ie the bonus would give you a max energy of 59. This is not a major issue, as we all get energy from the Kitty, once a day from the game "lightning", from the Quest Givers and from bonuses and playing the forum games. But before all the games and bonuses it was a major perk AND if you zero out your energy it STILL means you can go to bed and come back to a higher number. :D

Callia
If you want to Conquer the World... You best have Dragons.