killing monsters

Ask all your questions here!

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

karenrollins
Star Gazer

13. Aug 2018, 16:55

i don't understand the information on the potions, powders, and herbs for killing monsters. i just killed a monster who was 20 in my garden. it said water 30% and i used a water powder that said 19.... so my math tells me that if it is giving 30%, if i used something that is 19 on something that only requires 20, i can kill it. but when i used it, it only gave me 19, which was the number it originally said, but no 30% so i had to use more energy and another potion for just that one point that i thought the 30% would give me. please explain to me what the percentages are for if they do not raise the damage. if they are for nothing then why are the percentages even there? i have seen this numerous times and have used my ammo according to what i thought it meant and it does not give that percentage boost so i end up using more of my brewery items and energy or i use a much higher item. thankyou
Icefairy2
Cuddle

13. Aug 2018, 17:40

if you have an element with % in the list, don't take that element.
It is reduced in Power.
for exaple
Monster 20
Water 30%
if you use Waterpowder ( 65 Points ) , just 19 Points count ( 65 Points * 30 % / 100 = 19,5 )
you need elements that are not in the list, they bring the normal 100 %
sometimes if you have fire 90%, you could use firepoitions / powder etc. because fire is the best to eliminate monsters. And 90% of fire is most of the time still better than water for example.
english is not my first language and my last lesson was a really long time ago. So please excuse my grammar or spelling errors.
My ingame name is Icefairy2 Account ID 20
Aramina
Star Gazer

13. Aug 2018, 17:41

Ok ... actually you do not understand how it works, I'll try to explain that simply.

Each potion has damage points, when a monster scores:
30% air
50% light
This means that this potion has only 30% power, or 50% power.
Explanation in pictures

with only 30% power
real power

with only 50% power
real power

Good vibes and energies Image
karenrollins
Star Gazer

13. Aug 2018, 18:52

well now that makes much more sense. thankyou. i've been doing it wrong this whole time. it's possible others may think the same thing. perhaps some kind of sign like a -30% damage could eliminate that? i play other games and most tell you damage you will do with whatever weapon you have but they give you a + or - sign .. either way thanks for answering so quickly
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

14. Aug 2018, 05:10

Good thinking Karen. Your idea will be forwarded to the Developers.
Everything in life is magical, including dragons, elves, gnomes and fairies. Enjoy everything!
Esethielle
Gardener

14. Aug 2018, 07:59

karenrollins wrote:well now that makes much more sense. thankyou. i've been doing it wrong this whole time. it's possible others may think the same thing. perhaps some kind of sign like a -30% damage could eliminate that? i play other games and most tell you damage you will do with whatever weapon you have but they give you a + or - sign .. either way thanks for answering so quickly
Personally, since the first monsters I encountered in the game, I've compared Potions' attack strength in the Potions book, compared to potions in the "potions list" to kill monsters.
So I immediately understood how it worked