Question on Update of New Garden on March 28th

Ask all your questions here!

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Tylady
Cuddle

27. Mar 2019, 01:45

"on Thursday, March 28, 2019 we will install an update. A new garden for trees, gold and event plants will come, the tree garden! In addition, the friend invitation system has been reworked.
Features:
- New Friends Invite System
The old system has been reworked and from now on it will be easier to invite your friends and you'll also get more rewards. For every friend you invite, you'll also get a friend's heart, which you can use in the tree garden to unlock spots.
- Tree Garden
A new garden is coming! This is only for trees, gold and event plants. You will not be able to grow normal plants here. At the beginning you have 8 free fields, the remaining fields are occupied by weeds and monsters. Both can be driven away by friend hearts or water lilies. You will be able to unlock and use the tree garden from level 11."

Question on how the new garden and friends system is going to function: You state we can clear weeds and monsters from the new garden with lilies or friend hearts that we earn by inviting new friends. What about those of us whose friends slots are full? Who have no available slots to invite people to? The game will not allow you to invite people when you are full. Will we get credit for the friends we already invited to get full? If not you are seriously handicapping the older players and making the new garden practically useless. 8 free fields will only hold two trees and only if the 8 free slots are together. Also, will there be any bonuses for tree & gold plants yield in the new Tree garden? If not then I will probably not be using it for those as you can get better output in our upgraded gardens. Is there a cost to unlock this garden like there was for the cloud garden? Or do we have to fight a large monster to open the garden?

Okay...so I had several questions.
AngelDragonWings
Cuddle

27. Mar 2019, 02:12

very good questions. thank you tylady :)
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible"
Tenzin Gyatso
Cikala
Gardener

27. Mar 2019, 21:15

Obviously I don't hold any official answers, but unless I misunderstood it, the friend hearts you can get will come from inviting new people to play the game, not just befriending an existing player or adding someone to your neighbor list, which actually makes it worse in my opinion. I don't have any friends who are interested in playing, I'm not going to try to recruit strangers, and I kinda feel like this is the dev's answer to the lack of advertising for the game, putting the responsibility on the players instead. Other than that, I share your questions, and concerns. With what little we know right now, I also doubt I'll be using it.
Tylady
Cuddle

28. Mar 2019, 06:09

INVITE FRIENDS...Oh I did not even think of it being a friend invite to the game type situation! You are right Cikala, if that is correct than it is even worse. They probably would have said friend request and that would have been bad enough. Though it could be completely abused if that is the case.

Guess we'll see if they answer the questions to clarify or find out when they update it. But either way I doubt I will be using it at that cost as I am not spending lilies to clear it.
Mazzy-Maz
Shaman

28. Mar 2019, 11:11

"A new garden is coming! This is only for trees, gold and event plants. You will not be able to grow normal plants here. At the beginning you have 8 free fields, the remaining fields are occupied by weeds and monsters. Both can be driven away by friend hearts or water lilies. You will be able to unlock and use the tree garden from level 11."

My question is ; Can we use crystals to remove rocks and monsters? I will be VERY disappointed if the spaces are not together.
Be kind, it shows in your eyes.
Tylady
Cuddle

29. Mar 2019, 01:24

Well Cikala, you were right, it's about inviting friends. And did you see the amounts needed? Unrealistic. And Mazzy, at least they did put the 8 open slots together. That's good. My Tree garden will only ever hold 2 trees. Period.
Cikala
Gardener

29. Mar 2019, 05:57

I won't even bother with the two trees, as I prefer to have all my trees together. I won't be using the tree garden at all.