crystal tree for xmas

Ask all your questions here!

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

karenrollins
Star Gazer

30. Dec 2019, 04:14

well, did not really solve a mystery. my original question was if the old trees, from previous, would give us crystals and the answer came back yes. so now what you are saying is that no, our old ones will never produce anything other than xp. so that was kind of a waste of time and space planting the old ones for me and others who read the response that they would produce more than just xp... i don't want more xp. i only wanted the other stuff and that's why i planted them .
Quicksilver
Fearn

30. Dec 2019, 09:38

We can only apologise, for any space or time wasted, but yes the answer seems to be that the old trees will only ever produce experience not waterlilies or crystals, Thank you Mel :). We now know that for any trees the developers are kind enough to give us in the future, the gift will only be produced with the current trees not the old ones. That way I suppose everyone currently playing the game at that time is given the same gift :) Please enjoy them while we have them and a Happy New Year to everyone when it comes.
karenrollins
Star Gazer

30. Dec 2019, 17:17

thanks for the apology. the only reason i planted them is because you told me that two of you spoke with the crew and verified that yes, those of us who had them WOULD be able to harvest the crystals.
i don't know what happened there at all. as that was my original question, i am disappointed not in the fact that old trees won't yield anything but xp, but in the fact that i never would have planted them if you did not tell me that you asked the powers that be my question and then returned to tell me that they could. and then when i told you the first was only harvesting xp that you would look into it. i harvested three times. those took up space and time for nothing and i could have been way ahead in my flowers if i had received the correct answer, along with most likely many other people who saw your answer and did the same thing. i don't understand how the answer to the question was yes, we can harvest more from them to suddenly no we cannot after 3 days of it.
at least now i will never have to ask that question again about any special plants or prizes.
Cikala
Gardener

31. Dec 2019, 07:37

Well, having just read this, I'm a bit annoyed that I just wasted 20 hours of growth time on an old tree. After getting my tree last night I opened my inventory, scrolled until I saw a crystal tree and planted it. Never even thought about having old ones that are somewhat useless in my inventory. Something definitely needs to be done with the old trees, instead of just piling the new ones in with the old causing confusion. :x
Maleela
Shaman

31. Dec 2019, 14:14

I feel it to be so unfortunate and saddens me deeply to see all this agitation to be still bothering such dear players . . .
It is true that I am the 'youngest'-newest* moderator-wise, but in this respect Quicksilver is just a few months more on this, & we have been both doing our best so as to be supporting inasmuch as possible to all the relevant Teams
which make this wonderful game happen & be delivered to us all.

Amidst the Big Rush of the over-3-weeks Christmas celebrations, and with all that it entails
[rarely visible outside the working / supporting teams], on the very last days of it, since it was on Christmas Eve,
something as simple as one slip-of-the-tongue from someone has led to all this frustration

Our regretful apologies (given through Quicksilver above) failed to satisfy enough;
but, really there is not much we can do to Undo what has already happened . . .

EDIT: * 'youngest or newest as moderator at the time of writing, compared to the then other moderators.
Neither young, nor new, though, - neither in age, nor as player
Please let us know how you precisely write your name in-the-game
so as to correctly be sent the Prizes from the Games you played!
Mel
Cuddle

31. Dec 2019, 17:22

I think it's just good now. All this excitement about such a little thing. It's a game and life itself is serious enough, so you really don't have to make a mosquito an elephant.
The moderators do their best here, are always there and help where they can. They strive to provide us with events in the forum again and again, answer questions, and give everything.
Please dear teammates in Magoia, don't take it all that seriously and take a little consideration. Especially nowadays, not everyone should be the next, but also think of others.

At this point a big thank you to the moderators here, you do great! Thank you thank you thank you :)
On the way from school to today, much of my english has been lost, sorry .....
Quicksilver
Fearn

2. Jan 2020, 14:20

Thank you Mel and a Happy New Year to you all :)
I haven't said much as my family have been around although I have been reading what has been going on, my family went home this morning and I have come to a decision.
Maleela and I have both worked hard, I for one have been up at 6am most mornings throughout December including Saturday and Sunday to put up, take down and pay out prizes in the games. On Christmas morning I paid out prizes to everyone while my family opened their gifts and I get it my choice. I have taken the laptop with me on holiday and worked, again my choice, and I am not alone, there are others in the team who work just as hard while trying to balance a family life.
Then we have one genuine mix up in which a nice gesture on behalf of the developers has been tarnished in my mind and I've just came to the decision enough, I am very tired and I wish you all many happy years playing the game, but I no longer will, Good Luck and have fun raising your dragons :D
Mel
Cuddle

2. Jan 2020, 19:30

I am really very sad about the whole development here. The moderators strive and have to endure a lot here. Most of the time they can't do more than ask the developers and technicians, point out errors, forward questions and complaints from us. Unfortunately, it is also the case that the moderators sometimes wait a long time for answers, so that they cannot pass on anything earlier. So you mostly can't help that a satisfactory answer lasts longer than you want as a player.
Nevertheless, they are always held responsible for what is wrong. It is a shame that a really hard-working moderator is throwing her voluntary job here, but it is understandable to me and I know what I am talking about.
Thanks for your tireless work here Quicksilver, it is really a shame to lose you here.
On the way from school to today, much of my english has been lost, sorry .....
Cikala
Gardener

3. Jan 2020, 01:03

I know I've said this before, but I will say it again. On my part at least, none of my frustrations aired here are directed toward the mods. I understand the limitations of their position, and know they are just the messenger when it comes to issues that need developer attention or response. It is sad that some people seem to have chosen to 'shoot the messenger' basically. While I haven't participated in many of the recent games here on the forum, I appreciate the work that the mods have put into them. That being said, I believe that we should be able to feel free to voice our concerns and frustrations here, as it is the only avenue we have to get feedback to the developers, without the mods taking it personally. Everyone also needs to remember that there is a language difference between the english posted on the forum, and the language the developers speak. Even when our questions and concerns are forwarded to the developers, bad translations and mistakes may be made, as evidenced by the occasional patch note that doesn't make much sense.