Events

Your creativity and ideas can be posted here

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

MazMazzifyMaz
Herb Witch

22. Nov 2017, 09:10

As you are having a special event for Thanks giving, are you going to have special events for other countries like Australia Day, Saint Patrick's Day, Waitangi Day or Loy Krathon etc?
There is always a hidden owl in knowledge
Aramina
Star Gazer

22. Nov 2017, 09:28

As we are on an English speaking forum, with a majority of people from the United States, it was normal to celebrate thanksgiving. (which is also celebrated in Australia)
But Saint Patrick is a good idea, I did not think about it, thank you ! :D
With regard to the national holidays of other countries, no
If this forum was Thai, it would be obvious that we would celebrate Loy Krathon ;)
Good vibes and energies Image
MazMazzifyMaz
Herb Witch

22. Nov 2017, 13:01

I see no reason why we cannot celebrate other countries special days. To name a few.....

Brazils Carnival Holiday...French Bastille day...English Guy Fawkes...German Octoberfest...Irelands St Patricks Day...Japan & Korea Viewing Cherry Blossoms... Mothers Day...Fathers Day...Thai New year...New Zealand Celebration: Waitangi Day...Easter.

I find it strange that you just say No to a suggestion because it is about another country. Maybe just give the ideas some thought. I think we can celebrate days and occasions other than just English speaking countries. We may find it interesting and hey, we can all win prizes
MazMazzifyMaz
Herb Witch

22. Nov 2017, 13:03

Just to let you know Australia does NOT celebrate Thanksgiving but we always wish our American and Canadian friends a wonderful day.
Aramina
Star Gazer

22. Nov 2017, 13:06

our server is called us1.magoia.com, it is normal to celebrate American events, and if these events are also celebrated in other countries, it's even better
it's good for all players, everyone has fun, even if this feasts does not happen in their country
MazMazzifyMaz
Herb Witch

22. Nov 2017, 13:14

Sorry but I do not understand what the name of the server has to do with it. Of course we celebrate US events but that does not exclude other countries and other events. As far as I see the more celebrations, the more we learn and of course the more we can win.
Aramina
Star Gazer

22. Nov 2017, 13:47

We are on the US server, on the US forum
On the German forum they have other celebrations, they do not celebrate Thanksgiving, and they are not angry

And yes, I understand that the more celebrations there are, the more gains for you :lol:
Before, there was no event on the forum, now there is, I see there a great progress
I'll talk to Eddard about your proposals because my opinion does not count, it's only my opinion ;)
He will surely give you an answer
MazMazzifyMaz
Herb Witch

22. Nov 2017, 14:03

I am not angry.
I am only putting forward ideas that may help the forum, the players and the game of Magoia hence why I am posting in Ideas and suggestions for improvements.
I completely understand, as you say, that the majority of players are from the US but I don't think that should define us.
I am not expecting games everyday as I realise that would not be sensible but I think we can do a little more in the new year for different events.
Example Guy Fawkes with fireworks, St Patricks day with Everything green etc
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

22. Nov 2017, 16:15

Thank you for your ideas.
Everything in life is magical, including dragons, elves, gnomes and fairies. Enjoy everything!
sweetpickles
Cuddle

22. Nov 2017, 23:13

The United States is a mixture of peoples from other lands (Unless you are an American Indian). Some will most likely be celebrating Holidays that are not considered American. Personally, I don't have a problem with that. I'm a descendant of Irish people, yet have never lived in or been to Ireland. Does that mean I can't celebrate St. Patrick's day? I have also been invited and attended quite a few Canadian Thanksgiving celebrations, and am not Canadian. I think that any of the holidays you mentioned celebrating will have many who live in the U.S. who would enjoy there Holliday being acknowledged.
(Forgetmenot) Live in the Present, Remember the Past, and Fear not the Future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only NOW . . .Saphira