Where, oh where, are the FAQs?

Your creativity and ideas can be posted here

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Aeris64
Shaman

1. Mar 2018, 20:46

I've been watching new game members in my clan and in friends. Even with the forums and the Wiki (which some have issues using) there is a lot of confusion for them and I see a lot of them quitting by level 20. We can only put so much in chat /sigh and pictures are worth a thousand words.

When will the FAQ on the bottom of the game screen and in the forum be finished? It has been a LONG time being completed. I have seen encyclopedias written faster. :twisted: :lol: Can we get a completion date instead of "it is being worked on" indefinitely?

It's not ideal, but if nothing else take the German FAQ and just translate the info (it won't be 100% correct for the English version and the pics will be in German) but it will at least be SOMETHING. To have the basics up and running shouldn't take a weekend - let alone the 3 1/2 years since Miraya started it. :oops:

Thanks for the attention you may pay this matter!

Aeris64
~~ I know you're probably thinking "Oh no she didn't!" but I just so totally did!! ~~
Aramina
Star Gazer

2. Mar 2018, 10:06

I asked Eddard to check and validate the work I did, but he's very busy ... so I'm waiting for his approval before publishing anything.
I am unable to give a date, not knowing when it will validate my work, sorry...
Good vibes and energies Image
Cecili
Gardener

2. Mar 2018, 17:02

If anyone has issues using the wiki, they can contact me to work out why. I do suggest people get an ad blocker or turn on their browsers build in ad blocker. It makes the wiki load faster and cleaner.
Aeris64
Shaman

3. Mar 2018, 03:57

Cecili wrote:If anyone has issues using the wiki, they can contact me to work out why. I do suggest people get an ad blocker or turn on their browsers build in ad blocker. It makes the wiki load faster and cleaner.
Don't take what I said as something wrong with the Wiki, Cecili, there isn't anything wrong and it's awesome.

I actually meant it's issues using both the forum & wiki - ie they are chock full of info but not a straight line on how to play. The Forums and the Wiki are awesome for info - but I think the new players just need a straight line type of approach - which the faq would provide - I've checked out the German one and it's good and if completed would be great.

The Forums and Wiki, in my opinion, are more for people with a little bit of understanding for the game and wanting to know more or find additional info when questions come up. It's not a case of actual issues using them - more like the difference of, say, a how to get started guide (the FAQ) versus an encyclopedia (the Forums and Wiki).

The Forum and Wiki are awesome resources for the game - when the FAQ is completed - it will just add to the info of the other two but I think it will be the most helpful with the lower level players.

Aeris64
Last edited by Aeris64 on 31. Mar 2018, 03:51, edited 1 time in total.
~~ I know you're probably thinking "Oh no she didn't!" but I just so totally did!! ~~
Cecili
Gardener

3. Mar 2018, 19:56

The non-linear design of the wiki is purposeful. I meant it as a help rather than a step by step guide, because I think telling people exactly what to do takes away some of the fun of figuring out the game. However if there is some particular feature you want laid out in detail, I can work that out.

And just to clarify for those that aren't familiar with me or the wiki. I am in no way affiliated with Troll Games or Magoia. The wiki is completely an independent project of mine that I write in my spare time for free, based on my own experiences with the game as a player.