It's the age old question; Buy your items in the Store or at the local market place?
Here's the facts on both:
- 1. Plants cost crystals; no matter where you buy them.
2. The Market is other players selling plants they grew to gain crystals and are sold individually (buy 1 or buy 2000)
3. The Shop is the game selling plants in lots of 20 per buy and the price increases by half price per each lot you buy per day (it resets at midnight each day).
4. You need to pay attention and shop smart.
5. The Market is unregulated and unfortunately, there are some players who are taking advantage of that. There are players who do post higher level plants at decent prices but you have to catch them as they are posted because they go quickly or in some cases they are bought up and re-posted at the higher prices.
6. The Market is supposed to have some type of limiting on it to stop crystal swapping - i.e. paying a high price for a plant to pass crystals from one player to another but I haven't noticed a change.
Personally, I would like
to shop at the Market and support players who may need crystals, but the truth is that except for a few lower level plants the price for higher level plants is ridiculous and players are being taken advantage of. I might buy a plant that was in the Market for some where between the first and second lot price in the Shop (after all - I can buy as many or few as I need AND it supports other players in need of crystals) but I
draw the line at paying 50-200% over the cost of the Shop. It's your choice how many crystals you can spare to shop.
I do not buy plants just to speed up my game play. If your not planting in Magoia, well... why are you playing?
That said, I do purchase one or two lots of plants in the Shop when I open a new plant. (i.e. Magoia gives you two of a new plant you open to start you off. I will then go to the Shop and purchase one or two lots of that plant to start planting my own supply. I generally base it on how long the grow time is - if it's an hour or two, I will buy one lot - if it's three or more hours I buy two.) I also have been known to purchase plants for the Brewery if I have opened a new potion, herb or powder and want to start brewing it right away.
So, what should
you pay for plants? Here's a partial list of plants and the cost in the Shop. It is broken down by Plant Name, the element that the plant is (i.e. water, air, etc), The cost per each plant for the first lot
, The total cost for the first lot you buy, the cost per each plant for the second lot
, and the total cost for the second lot you buy. Compare these prices to the Market prices, but unfortunately (in my opinion) I usually find the Shop wins hands down.
- River Houseleek Water 20 400 30 600
Sun Houseleek Air 20 400 30 600
Fire Houseleek Fire 35 700 52.5 1050
Air Houseleek Earth 14 280 21 420
(These will be added to the photo list above shortly)
Hope this helps and I hope one day the Market will be competitive enough for me to shop there more often! In my clan, we shout out in Clan Chat when one of us posts plants at reasonable prices so we can shop and help out our Clan Members but with people playing at different times and some posters snapping up the lower priced options and re-posting them this can be hit or miss. The Market will always be dependent on what players are willing to pay or what players can be scammed out of because they didn't do their research.
Happy Shopping and may you find the plant you need at Black Friday Pricing!
~~ I know you're probably thinking "Oh no she didn't!" but I just so totally did!! ~~