Planting 101

Tips and hints to learn the game from other players

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Tinker Bells
Squishem

24. Mar 2019, 09:01

There has been a lot of players having issues with too many of their plants being clicked on and not finished. Aside from sending polite messages to garden friends, I'm not sure what else we can do. We need to figure out a way to inform new players about the proper way to click on plants. I really hope that its not being done by someone just to be rude or waste clicks. Anyone have any ideas on this?
Cikala
Gardener

24. Mar 2019, 11:42

Unfortunately we as players can only reach the people who come to the forum and read. I am certain there is a large amount of players who do not visit the forum. And even then, it would not surprise me if there are many people who purposely click multiple plants. I have played many multi-player games over the years, and inevitably you run into people who seem to get great joy out of just ruining other people's games/gardens/whatever.

Is there not anything about how to properly tend to your neighbor's gardens when visiting them in the tutorial quests? I believe I've been playing for over two years now, so I really don't remember. If there isn't, there really should be. At least that way those who simply don't understand could learn in game.
Eddard
Herb Witch

25. Mar 2019, 11:35

Hi Cikala,

I'm not sure if we can teach those destructive players to not mess with your gardens in game. Wouldn't the result stay the same?
How exactly should we teach players to behave better in game? We can't really control it, can we?

Best regards,
Eddard
"My acorn is missing... Did you eat the acorn?... You owe me a new acorn."
Tinker Bells
Squishem

25. Mar 2019, 18:24

We can't do anything about the players that are just being rude but it would be nice if there was a way for new players to learn about how the clicks work. There is the area of the forum that explains it all but not all players use the forum. Is there any other ways to inform new players about the forum or how to tend to their friends gardens?
Cikala
Gardener

25. Mar 2019, 21:39

No, there isn't anything we can do about the rude players. In the end though, they can't do any actual damage, the worst they can do is click in such a way that there is no benefit to their visit. No different than if they didn't visit at all. So while it's frustrating to see people's gardens with multiple plants with only one click on them, I think there are more important issues to put our energy into.
Tylady
Cuddle

26. Mar 2019, 01:31

I agree that the bigger issue is informing the new players. The rude players are a minority compared to the numbers of new people starting and the lack of up front information for new players is a dilemma. Cikala had a good suggestion to include a training of how to visit your friends gardens as one of the start up quests.

You could throw one in there about not clicking continue on your friends garden monsters too.

The forum is useful for those who sign up, but are these new people really going to dig through all these older posts? Maybe this could be a topic in the FAQ's.
Mazzy-Maz
Shaman

29. Oct 2019, 11:54

This is a suggestion about planting. Now that we have the Garden Championship it is another addition to which plants to click.

If you visit a garden and there are no plants that are partially finished, no plants with clover and no plant with a monster then it is a good idea to click on the coloured squares before the plain ones. I think this is what most players will want.
Be kind, it shows in your eyes.
Tylady
Cuddle

30. Oct 2019, 01:32

Hi Mazzy, I do not believe which plant we click on, colored square or not matters. It will not change the outcome. No matter which plant you complete there will be one more output.

In beginner's garden, non colored square, they plant 1 to harvest 2. If you finish the clicks on that plant, then they get +1 so will harvest 3.
In beginner's garden, colored square, they plant 1 to harvest 3. If you finish the clicks on that plant, then they get +1 so will harvest 4.

The outcome, no matter where you put your clover/clicks is +1 output, you do not get anything extra if it is a colored square.

Though while we are discussing planting with the Garden Championship, it should be reminded not to plant trees or gold plants in those colored squares. It says in the event area that the extra harvest only applies to regular plants.
Mazzy-Maz
Shaman

30. Oct 2019, 03:49

Very good points Tylady. My consideration for clicking on the coloured squares is because I use those squares if I need a lot of that one plant so I will always plant them in the coloured squares. BUT no hard and fast rules as I am just happy when my any of my plants get clicked on.
Be kind, it shows in your eyes.
Tylady
Cuddle

30. Oct 2019, 13:02

That's a good plan Mazzy, I will try to click those for you now that I know you plant with that in mind. And agreed, also happy to have my gardens visited and plants clicked on, though always hoping that there are not a ton clicked partially and people are trying to be as considerate as I do.

Too bad that we cannot see the partial clicked plants, only the completed ones.