Planting 101

Tips and hints to learn the game from other players

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Aeris64
Shaman

23. Oct 2017, 17:01

Plant for your play time.

The Aqua garden comes up first when your friends visit and it is usually the largest plant space you have if you are lower level also. I plant my Aqua garden with the plants I need most but keep in mind your play time ^^^^ if I'm on for an hour I get planting those pesky five minute plants till my stash if set - I keep 500-1000 (for the daily quests). This way I don't need to worry about having them when I NEED my garden full of 10 hour Plants. When I know I will be gone for 4 hours or so - I plant a longer growing crop - gone 4 hours I plant a 4 hour plant, when I go to sleep, I plant an 8 or 10 hour plant, etc. This way when I get back, I can pop on - harvest and then plan my play time again. (That's why it's a strategy game) ;)
Next is the Rock Garden - I almost always plant it with LONG growing plants - that way if my Aqua Garden plants grow up BEFORE I get back (you know: the best laid plans...fail) then there is usually always something clickable in my Rock Garden. I also put most of my trees and all my golden plants there so my Aqua Garden has total open planting space.

Next are the Honey Garden and the Root Garden. As I open these I will keep moving my trees and golden plants to the back as I do not really have a need for people to shorten my growing time on those. I do try to keep them marked tho - just in case all my plants are unclickable (remember those plans I told you about?!? This year it was a hurricane - imagine that!) lol

My personal gift to you my Friends (in game) - I automatically click the back garden tab of my friends first and then quickly tab through the gardens from last to first - one quick look is all you get - I'm looking for that green number and shiny glow that says you need a plant clicked that someone has already hit. If I see one - I finish that plant first as I feel a lot of people don't look past the first garden if it has open clicks. If I don't find one, I settle in on your Aqua Garden and once again start with those shiny/numbered plants. I've got three clicks - so if there is a shiny I start with the highest number and I finish it first and then move on from there. (If everyone is playing smart - there SHOULD only be one plant with a number but it happens a lot that there is more than one) Plan your clicks like you do your plants - if you have one click - finish the plant that needs just one click, etc. But remember, plants with GREEN clovers w/numbers always before clicking a new plant.

REMEMBER: If a plant grows to harvest before the number is gone - those clicks are lost/wasted.

Additional Note: Watch/check the timers on plants you are clicking - if there is 20 seconds before that plant will grow to harvest and you can only click 3 out of 4 clicks - DON'T DO IT!! Those clicks will likely never get finished and will be wasted. Wait and try again later or click a tree or golden plant.

Now, I forgot to mention!, What about those monsters that only friends can click on? When do I do that? Well it's simple really - Plants with GREEN clovers on them First! ALWAYS! But if you don't see any (or any more) of those - the monsters are NEXT! Why? Because they tie up one plant zone until they are removed and the gardener can't do ANYTHING about them, it's up to you my friend! Then regular plants - pick any one you like and click till your done! Always last, but not least, on to the golden plants, pyria plants, etc. and the trees.

Also, Use the NEW Plant School! It will tell you what you need to do next to keep your gardens on track. It's the little flower shape, bottom right of your garden, to the left of the treasure chest.

Also: Thanks Mazzify for showing me I can buy extra clicks in a friends garden - this is great when I want to help a friend or when there is someone I haven't been able to help in a bit because they plant short growing plants and we're not playing on the same time zone. Just click on the Clover at the top of their garden (where it shows how many clicks you have left) and buy some extra clicks - It costs a small amount of lilies (but hey, you're my friend. my buddy, my pal,my Clan; You are SO worth it!) -they are time limited and can only be used for that person but it's a great way to say Happy Birthday, Hope you feel better or Congratulations, TOO.

That's my Planting 101 Class - Hope you got something good from all that. Feel free to add your suggestions! :geek
Aeris64

Edited to include Garden Monsters! 4/4/18
Last edited by Aeris64 on 4. Apr 2018, 21:50, edited 13 times in total.
~~ I know you're probably thinking "Oh no she didn't!" but I just so totally did!! ~~
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

25. Oct 2017, 14:33

Woohoooo!!!!! Thank you Aeris64. Great lesson, hints and tips. It really does help to to try and plan ahead. I also like the whole idea of helping clans and friends. :)
Everything in life is magical, including dragons, elves, gnomes and fairies. Enjoy everything!
Aeris64
Shaman

4. Nov 2017, 05:35

Clarification on Moving Trees and Golden Plants!

Wait until the Tree or Golden Plant is ready to Harvest. Click it one time and instead of clicking the Harvest button - Click on Move to Inventory.

Don't Worry!!! Your harvest will go into your inventory just as if you had chosen harvest and your plant will go into the tree tab (if you moved a tree) or the puzzle tab (if you moved a Golden Plant). Then just make sure you have space in your garden to replant it where you want and plant it again. And if you moved a moon tree - page back through them, one time it put my tree at the very last page of the moon trees :?

Hope that cleared it up a little!
Aeris64
Last edited by Aeris64 on 6. Nov 2017, 01:14, edited 1 time in total.
~~ I know you're probably thinking "Oh no she didn't!" but I just so totally did!! ~~
Esethielle
Gardener

5. Nov 2017, 13:15

Personally I consider that it is the anti-game to click on 3 different plants, especially if these plants require 4 clicks
I often arrive in a garden, and I see 7 plants (4 clicks) unfinished
One with one click less, and the other six with 3 clicks less
If the person does not have enough friends, or if the plants mature before anyone finishes clicking on these plants, it is a failure for the harvester, he will not have any more plants, I find it pity
Tartuffe
Squishem

5. Nov 2017, 15:34

i never do that
i have 2 neibor and i take care of them
Aeris64
Shaman

5. Nov 2017, 23:37

Esethielle wrote:Personally I consider that it is the anti-game to click on 3 different plants, especially if these plants require 4 clicks
I often arrive in a garden, and I see 7 plants (4 clicks) unfinished
One with one click less, and the other six with 3 clicks less
If the person does not have enough friends, or if the plants mature before anyone finishes clicking on these plants, it is a failure for the harvester, he will not have any more plants, I find it pity

Very True, Esethielle! But, let us assume that they don't understand or know better and help fix it: So, if you see this:

Some one messed up! These plants are Bright Fungus and require 4 Clicks to finish! So someone didn't follow the rule of clicking ONE plant until it glows and always START with any plant that has a Green Clover and a number on it.

But YOU can totally fix it if you have 3 clicks left for this friend!

Just click on the plant that says 2 - Two times and click on the plant that says 1 - One time. Now both are helped and can be harvested with bonuses by their owner! You're a Hero!!!

What if I only have ONE CLICK left for this person? Then click the plant that says 1 - One time and finish it! Leaving the Two Click Plant for the next friend to fix!

What if I only have TWO CLICKS left for this person? Then click the plant that says 2 - Two times and finish it! Leaving the One Click Plant for the next friend to fix!

There you go - you have just fixed someone's mistake and if it was a Troll (someone who deliberately hassles in game out of meanness)... well you just fixed that, TOO!! TAKE A BOW!!!!

Aeris64
Esethielle
Gardener

8. Dec 2017, 14:37

What annoys me is to see that

or that

I do not understand the players who click on many different plants, instead of finishing the plants already clicked ...
And today it was the reccord ! more than a dozen gardens that I visited were like that !

If the plants are almost grown, I consider it sabotage
Aeris64
Shaman

9. Dec 2017, 06:57

Esethielle wrote:What annoys me is to see that

I do not understand the players who click on many different plants, instead of finishing the plants already clicked ...
And today it was the reccord ! more than a dozen gardens that I visited were like that !

If the plants are almost grown, I consider it sabotage
I agree Esethielle, those pics definitely are people not playing the game correctly/fairly and all we can do is make sure that the rest of us fix as much as we can by clicking correctly. It is extremely hard to figure out who is mis-clicking your garden - it is doable but takes a lot of time and patience. :cry:

Aeris64
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

9. Dec 2017, 07:28

I have never seen a garden like this. BUT a picture tells it all. I would be so annoyed at this and would be thinking that it is a possibilty that it is being done on purpose. I realize that many new players might not understand but it does not seem possible that this would be just all new players. Even if someone was to lazy to move the mouse to do 3 single clicks (which would be the best option as it means 3 extra plants) I just do not understand why they wouldn't do just one of the 3 clicks. Sadly there is no way of knowing so we need to help players understand the importance of the clicks they use in a garden.
Everything in life is magical, including dragons, elves, gnomes and fairies. Enjoy everything!
MazMazzifyMaz
Herb Witch

9. Dec 2017, 13:21

If I know that there is very little time before the game renews quests etc, I will end plants but rather than leave a plant unfinished I will use my clicks on goldens plants or tree. This way my three clicks have all been useful.
There is always a hidden owl in knowledge