Help! I'm not getting anywhere - what's wrong? 101

Tips and hints to learn the game from other players

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Aeris64
Shaman

3. Nov 2017, 23:23

OK - this post will probably be a shorter post! (I already hear you thinking "Oh Thank God!") :twisted: :oops: Most likely, I see this post helped along by players who will post where they got stuck and how they got out of it! That said, grasshopper, here's my thoughts on it.

1. I'm not getting anywhere at all! I can't do anything!

You don't play enough. Sorry, but there it is. Magoia is not a game you can pop on once a day, plant your gardens, send your dragons, click your friend's gardens, kill a monster and then log out and come back tomorrow. Well, you CAN but it won't make you very happy with Magoia. If you really want to get ahead, you need to be able to pop on all day/night. Now don't Panic!! This doesn't mean you have to LIVE in Magoia (after all we have lives?!? Don't we? - Yes, we DO.) One good play time a day and popping in for 5-10 min whenever you can pull it off will benefit you!

Magoia is a strategy game! You need to PLAN out your time and efforts, you need to choose what you are going to focus on this day, or week to accomplish your goals. The Magoia Crew works hard to keep it interesting but it isn't an easy game! If you want easy go back to all those farm games on FB you left because it became an overwhelming experience of 20 new timed events and you ran around like a chicken never finishing any of them. Magoia has class and you are going to have to work for it!

Patience, Grasshopper, you will need lots of patience!

2. I can't afford to buy lilies and I need them!

Well, there are a couple of solutions to this one! Really! (After all we are to each other; Would I lie to you? Nope!)

So, honestly, while I rarely buy items in game that cost real cash (I have a 6 yr old growing boy... 'nuff said) I DO do it once in a while. Watch for "specials" when you get more of everything for your money and let's be honest - You drop $7-8 bucks for coffee, $5 for happy meals, $10-15 dollars for most stand-alone video games and various other items. WHY NOT $4.99 to say thanks for a great game Magoia Crew! You pay other game companies for their game and you don't get paid back with a gift bag of items. (And don't even bother starting the debate "I'm NOT PAYING for a FREE game" - nothing is free, it costs money to produce, Dev's have to eat too!) If that is your take on it - resign yourself to your game fate!

Now, that said - Lilies are there to be found in game too! You do need to PLAN (dang, there's that word again!) how you spend what lilies you have and conserve them for that but it's not really that hard. You receive free lilies by petting the Kitty in Stonehenge every day (center of your game screen, toward the back). You receive bonus lilies for meeting all kinds of goals - The Leagues (that star at the top of your screen) is a BIG one for lilies, and watch for Event's (The Halloween Event netted us all 70 FREE LILIES - just for playing - and if you played every day you got a FREE Unicorn Tree TOO and that was ON TOP of the daily bonus for playing each day - plants, crystals, energy, etc).

Note: I might be wrong - Hey! it does happen, once in a Blue Moon! :roll: - but it seems to me the # of players in game vs the # of players in the Halloween Event was a very low ratio - You snooze, You lose.

3. I don't have enough energy or crystals

This one is actually pretty simple - stop wasting them. :twisted: Again, that said, you will find plenty of energy, crystals, and Moon Mice if you are doing your quests daily! You get them for sending out dragons, petting that Kitty! and again, from the all empowering LEAGUES. If you are speeding everything up, all the time, you will run out of them. Have patience, let things grow or return in their own time! I speed my dragons back all the time and I speed up my potions, too - but NOT all the way, just shave a little time off so when you next log on your dragon or potion is waiting for you or will be there in a few minutes.

4. My friends don't click my garden so I don't get extra plants

Get new friends! :lol: Really! It's my goal in life to click in every friend's garden once in a 24 hour period. If your friends aren't doing that - delete them and pick new ones! Look for people who say they play daily in their avatar notes. And, my personal peeve, Clan members who don't click your garden! While it is nice to have all your Clan members as friends, if they aren't helping you when you are helping them - my answer is...NEXT!

And don't be embarrassed to SAY SOMETHING! Sometimes, people miss stuff, sometimes they get distracted and don't realize they never finished clicking gardens or planting their plants for you to click! If they get mad you asked about it... then again, NEXT! But be NICE... maybe they were planting gardens and got THAT phone call, or they heard that child start screaming and they ran... One or two days doesn't make a bad friend, so be nice - but if they are taking advantage get rid of 'em.

BE HONEST IN YOUR DEALINGS WITH FRIENDS, we don't friend people to have chats over tea in Magoia! (that's what Clan Chat & Clans are for.) We friend them to have them help us and we help them in return. If you aren't playing daily, if you aren't keeping your garden planted so it is clickable or you don't click on others gardens when they do click on yours, then you fall into the Not A Good Friend category and you will be deleted as a friend eventually...

5. So, how do I know if a friend is a good friend?
  • A. Look for those shiny plants - if you have 40 friends and only 5 shiny plants every day, it's time to pay attention and do a little sleuthing.

B. It's simple, open your gardens and in the upper right hand corner are two banners - the one on the right is your garden level - the one on the left (when you click it) will show who has helped your garden. Just browse through the list, make a mental note (or a real note if you need) of whose name is never there or rarely there.

C. Keep in mind, people on vacation, hurricanes/flooding/tsunamis and other events that can kill internet for weeks at a time, players in other time zones (if you are level 9 your plants last less than an hour before they are un-clickable) if your friend comes on 7 hours later because they live on the other side of the world... well you do the math. You will level up and planting will take longer soon, just wait it out. This is one reason, why playing a little all day is better than one long play session. Sometimes releasing a friend is just timing, send a note and let them know. But if you are clicking their garden every day, there shouldn't be an issue with them clicking yours!
Ok, so it wasn't so short. :oops: But, I will leave the rest up to the players. If you are stumped or stuck, ask your question here and we'll find an answer for you... or if you WERE stumped or stuck and figured it out... tell us about it... if you got stuck someone else will too!

Happy Gaming!
Aeris64
Last edited by Aeris64 on 18. Dec 2017, 12:07, edited 3 times in total.
~~ I know you're probably thinking "Oh no she didn't!" but I just so totally did!! ~~
Aramina
Star Gazer

4. Nov 2017, 00:40

Good vibes and energies Image
MazMazzifyMaz
Herb Witch

4. Nov 2017, 04:16

Your best work yet Aeris. :)
There is always a hidden owl in knowledge
Aeris64
Shaman

14. Apr 2018, 10:12

Thank you both, Aramina and Mazzi! Your notes help keep me on track. :D

Aeris64

Last bumped by Aeris64 on 14. Apr 2018, 10:12.
~~ I know you're probably thinking "Oh no she didn't!" but I just so totally did!! ~~