My Little Magoia Schoolhouse

Tips and hints to learn the game from other players

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Aeris64
Shaman

7. Nov 2017, 16:11

OK - answering some questions one by one as asked.
Apart from collecting water lilies how else can we get trees?

Sadly, the only way to get trees is with water lilies and the Moon Events; UNLESS they are gifted to you by the Dev's. Yep, the Magoia Gods can bless you with gifts of plenty!! Be sure to participate in any Forum-Events that Magoia sponsors. We received a FREE Unicorn Tree for playing every day during the Halloween Event! It's fun and fruitful! (get it?..fruit..ful) :roll: Awww man! Tough Crowd! :lol:

I have my fingers crossed for a Thanksgiving Event and, of course, there is Christmas. I'm hoping for a Count Down to Christmas type event - like an advent calendar - a game a day until Christmas would be EPIC!

Until then, however, save up some lilies (pet that cute little kitty, three times everyday! and push for the top of your leagues for extra lilies) and play the Moon Event (at least one time a cycle, if not two!) And keep your eyes peeled for any special sales on lilies that Magoia may offer you in the meantime.

Here, Kitty Kitty!

Aeris64
~~ I know you're probably thinking "Oh no she didn't!" but I just so totally did!! ~~
Aeris64
Shaman

27. Nov 2017, 17:09

It's the age old question; Buy your items in the Store or at the local market place?

Here's the facts on both:
  • 1. Plants cost crystals; no matter where you buy them.
    2. The Market is other players selling plants they grew to gain crystals and are sold individually (buy 1 or buy 2000)
    3. The Shop is the game selling plants in lots of 20 per buy and the price increases by half price per each lot you buy per day (it resets at midnight each day).
    4. You need to pay attention and shop smart.
    5. The Market is unregulated and unfortunately, there are some players who are taking advantage of that. There are players who do post higher level plants at decent prices but you have to catch them as they are posted because they go quickly or in some cases they are bought up and re-posted at the higher prices.
    6. The Market is supposed to have some type of limiting on it to stop crystal swapping - i.e. paying a high price for a plant to pass crystals from one player to another but I haven't noticed a change.
Personally, I would like to shop at the Market and support players who may need crystals, but the truth is that except for a few lower level plants the price for higher level plants is ridiculous and players are being taken advantage of. I might buy a plant that was in the Market for some where between the first and second lot price in the Shop (after all - I can buy as many or few as I need AND it supports other players in need of crystals) but I draw the line at paying 50-200% over the cost of the Shop. It's your choice how many crystals you can spare to shop.

I do not buy plants just to speed up my game play. If your not planting in Magoia, well... why are you playing? :roll: :lol: :twisted: That said, I do purchase one or two lots of plants in the Shop when I open a new plant. (i.e. Magoia gives you two of a new plant you open to start you off. I will then go to the Shop and purchase one or two lots of that plant to start planting my own supply. I generally base it on how long the grow time is - if it's an hour or two, I will buy one lot - if it's three or more hours I buy two.) I also have been known to purchase plants for the Brewery if I have opened a new potion, herb or powder and want to start brewing it right away. :P

So, what should you pay for plants? Here's a partial list of plants and the cost in the Shop. It is broken down by Plant Name, the element that the plant is (i.e. water, air, etc), The cost per each plant for the first lot, The total cost for the first lot you buy, the cost per each plant for the second lot, and the total cost for the second lot you buy. Compare these prices to the Market prices, but unfortunately (in my opinion) I usually find the Shop wins hands down.

ImageImageImage
  • River Houseleek Water 20 400 30 600
    Sun Houseleek Air 20 400 30 600
    Fire Houseleek Fire 35 700 52.5 1050
    Air Houseleek Earth 14 280 21 420
(These will be added to the photo list above shortly)

Hope this helps and I hope one day the Market will be competitive enough for me to shop there more often! In my clan, we shout out in Clan Chat when one of us posts plants at reasonable prices so we can shop and help out our Clan Members but with people playing at different times and some posters snapping up the lower priced options and re-posting them this can be hit or miss. The Market will always be dependent on what players are willing to pay or what players can be scammed out of because they didn't do their research.

Happy Shopping and may you find the plant you need at Black Friday Pricing! :lol:
Aeris64
Last edited by Aeris64 on 28. Nov 2017, 10:14, edited 6 times in total.
~~ I know you're probably thinking "Oh no she didn't!" but I just so totally did!! ~~
Aramina
Star Gazer

27. Nov 2017, 17:23

Perfect as usual Image
Good vibes and energies Image
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

28. Nov 2017, 00:46

Thank you Aeris64. For a very long time I have wondered if anyone buys those VERY high priced plants.Excellent article as usual.
Everything in life is magical, including dragons, elves, gnomes and fairies. Enjoy everything!
Aeris64
Shaman

28. Nov 2017, 10:37

This one is all mine (well, truthfully a few other people too but I did this one personally). :oops: :lol:

You're Aqua Garden is at level 5 and your Rock Garden is at level 2 - You can't level your Rock Garden until your Aqua Garden is lvl 6 but you can't level your Aqua Garden until your Rock Garden is lvl 3 and.....WAIT A MINUTE! That's just crazy!!! :twisted:

Nope! I'm here to end your pain and confusion - what you NEED is to open a plant - River Houseleeks - page forward through the plant list (about four pages past the last set of plants that you have open) and you will find the Houseleek Plants. Do what you have to do to open them and BOOM - you are back in business!!!
Cecili
Gardener

2. Dec 2017, 07:47

Aeris64 wrote:This one is all mine (well, truthfully a few other people too but I did this one personally). :oops: :lol:

You're Aqua Garden is at level 5 and your Rock Garden is at level 2 - You can't level your Rock Garden until your Aqua Garden is lvl 6 but you can't level your Aqua Garden until your Rock Garden is lvl 3 and.....WAIT A MINUTE! That's just crazy!!! :twisted:

Nope! I'm here to end your pain and confusion - what you NEED is to open a plant - River Houseleeks - page forward through the plant list (about four pages past the last set of plants that you have open) and you will find the Houseleek Plants. Do what you have to do to open them and BOOM - you are back in business!!!
I have a spoiler chart up in the wiki if anyone doesn't want to puzzle out the garden upgrades and plant unlocks. I have updated it to include all 4 gardens, but will probably stop there, since most players at that level will already know what to do by then. The spoiler is in the last tab on the page and includes a warning gate that requires you to click the {Expand} link before showing the table.
http://magoia.wikia.com/wiki/Unlocking_Plants
Paizw
Squishem

19. Sep 2019, 10:11

Aeris64,
Thanks a LOT for your so very helpful input!!!

Cecili, also thanks for yours!

To small players as I am atm this post is invaluable!
Thanks again!!!
:!: :!: :!:
Paizw
Just saying!
AlizAlizA
Herb Witch

12. Nov 2019, 09:45

I am so glad to know that players are reading the tips etc. They really do come in handy. Thank you Paizw :)
“Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn…. Then always be a unicorn!”