Garden level up, and reward points

Tips and hints to learn the game from other players

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Esethielle
Gardener

26. Sep 2018, 09:39

Good morning everyone, :D

Well... I don't remember the person I discussed this with :oops: , but I hope she will read the forum and finally get the answer to her question.

The problem raised was:
"When I level up my garden, I receive the crystals as a reward, but I didn't receive the experience points."

Here, I show that we do not receive any experience points (thanks to Tobi and the technical team for unlocking me, otherwise I would not have been able to demonstrate it)
However, we do receive score points, which is quite different...

Here is the screenshot of my rock garden, just before the level up, to level 6.

And here is the screenshot of my rock garden, just after the level up at level 6.

Then, on my way, here is the screenshot of my honey garden, just before the level up, to level 6.

And here is the screenshot of my honey garden, just after the level up at level 6.

We notice perfectly the evolution of the points in the players' scores, whereas there is no experience point received.

So, if I take an extreme example to picture the problem I had discussed with the person whose name I forgot.
If Moonshine had level up one of her gardens, and received 1,000,000 score points (or even 2 million) she would not have noticed it for two reasons.
- The first reason is that she was monitoring the experience points....
- The second reason is that the gap with Mazzify is too big for her to exceed it with her score, she would still be below her. She would therefore feel that nothing has changed because she has not been monitoring the good score.

Well, I hope my demonstration can answer some people's personal questions. :)
MazMazzifyMaz
Herb Witch

27. Sep 2018, 06:51

I think there is some misunderstanding at to experience points (xp) and score points. I must admit I have never heard of Score points until now.
I had an issue awhile ago now where I was on "for example" 22,000,000 points. I levelled up my garden and I stayed on 22,000,000. I think this is wrong. I think I should have received the appropriate xp/score points for levelling up my garden. I cannot say whether I received crystals or not as I was not checking those.
I did put in a Support Ticket about this.
PS. I was checking the xp/score points so I am absolutely certain I received nothing
There is always a hidden owl in knowledge
Mel
Cuddle

27. Sep 2018, 09:03

I also play on the DE server and there I collect for a long time the EP in level ups, by myself and by a few players who provide me their data in the different levels levels available.
Here's a comparison of the data I have at Levelup from the Honey Garden and Rock Garden from Level 5 to 6, maybe this will help you compared to your own numbers:

Honey Garden 5 --> 6: ( Level 260 ..... XP 748.323 ) ----- ( Level 254 ..... XP 731.581 ) ----- ( Level 247 ..... XP 675.318 ) ----- ( Level 322 ..... XP 1.078.150 ) ----- ( Level 279 ..... XP 827.732 )

Rock Garden 5 --> 6: ( Level 227 ..... XP 568.404 ) ----- ( Level 227 ..... XP 540.048 ) ----- ( Level 226 ..... XP 516.197 ) ----- ( Level 312 ..... XP 979.710 ) ----- ( Level 287 ..... XP 868.249 )

If I look at your numbers now and figure out the difference, you had a total of 675,878 XP at Levelup Rock Garden from 5 to 6 at level 237.
The same level 237 at the levelup of the Honiggarten from 5 to 6 in total 675.878 XP.
So you've got XP for the levelup and that comes from the numbers about, if I compare that with my records.
On the way from school to today, much of my english has been lost, sorry .....
Rita G.
Gardener

27. Sep 2018, 11:07

I think the score points are based on more than just leveling up your gardens and are much more complicated. I've noticed that I don't always receive league score increases when I level up my gardens. I have noticed that xp doesn't ever increase due to leveling up my gardens. It would be nice if we had the formula and could calculate how our actions will affect our score in the league.
MazMazzifyMaz
Herb Witch

27. Sep 2018, 12:10

Esethielle wrote:Image
If Moonshine had level up one of her gardens, and received 1,000,000 score points (or even 2 million) she would not have noticed it for two reasons.
- The first reason is that she was monitoring the experience points....
- The second reason is that the gap with Mazzify is too big for her to exceed it with her score, she would still be below her. She would therefore feel that nothing has changed because she has not been monitoring the good score.

Well, I hope my demonstration can answer some people's personal questions. :)
I don't know what you call them but I was monitoring the number of points that are next to my Level and I didn't receive anything for levelling up my garden.
MazMazzifyMaz
Herb Witch

27. Sep 2018, 12:16

Rita G. wrote:I think the score points are based on more than just leveling up your gardens and are much more complicated. I've noticed that I don't always receive league score increases when I level up my gardens. I have noticed that xp doesn't ever increase due to leveling up my gardens. It would be nice if we had the formula and could calculate how our actions will affect our score in the league.
Hi Rita,
Yes I agree they are more complicated. Prior to noticing that I didn't get anything for levelling up my garden, I was checking the changes for the 2 new plants I had opened. I received points for those 2 new plants. In the past I have noticed points increasing for levelling up but I have no idea how it is worked out. I assume it would also have something to do with the level a player is on.
Rita G.
Gardener

27. Sep 2018, 14:05

It's hard to strategize concerning the league score when you don't know how or when these mystery points will appear. There are times that I want to move into the next league and there are times that I would like to hang back. There are a lot of times I fall short of what I think will push me into the position I want to be in and other times what seems like a minor action will push me much further than I expected in the rankings. It really is a mystery to me!
Beckett
Squishem

28. Sep 2018, 02:19

I can tell there's quite a difference between xp points and score points, but I don't know how the calculations work. I know I can get hundreds of xp points, even thousands, and my score on the league board barely moves. I haven't been able to work out how many xp's = 1 score point. I suspect the calculation is more complex somehow. (Or my mathematical prowess is just incredibly, well, let's just say I shouldn't use the word prowess when discussing it...) It would be interesting to know how it does work...
Callia
Forum Moderator

28. Sep 2018, 08:41

The Admins and Devs have been passed this issue of the Garden Level ups possibly NOT leveling up - it may take some time but I'm sure there will be an answer provided, although they MAY NOT provide the formula, as I have a feeling that is like the recipe for the Secret Sauce! :lol:
If you want to Conquer the World... You best have Dragons.
Cikala
Gardener

28. Sep 2018, 08:48

I can understand that an exact formula wouldn't be revealed, BUT!, we should at least be given a list of what actions are intended to award league score points. Otherwise we have no idea if/when bugs occur.