Raising Dragons and other hints.

Tips and hints to learn the game from other players

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Spock
Squishem

19. Jun 2016, 17:51

If at all possible, concentrate on only a single dragon at a time. Somehow I managed to get three eggs at the same time and, from left to right, each was progressively more expensive to raise. If you get multiple eggs, ignore all but the left-most egg. Any extra will happily sit there until you have the resources to activate them.

Not realizing this initially, I tried to bring all three up to the same level. The left dragon required 10 food, the middle required 20, and the right required 30! Once my left-most dragon had left the nest, the "cost" of raising the others declined by 10 each to 10 and 20.
I know you think you understood what you think I said but I'm not sure you understood that what you heard is not what I meant.
Spock
Squishem

24. Jun 2016, 23:16

If at all possible, play this game on a computer with a mouse. With a mouse, each plantable or harvestable square will be highlighted. You can also drag the mouse over the squares after selecting an item to plant and each square moved over will be planted without having to click each one, thus making planting much easier.
I know you think you understood what you think I said but I'm not sure you understood that what you heard is not what I meant.
Spock
Squishem

13. Jul 2016, 14:42

When helping your friends, don't forget that there may be other gardens you can help in if the one you are looking at doesn't have anything to do.

Look at the top-center of the game window, just to the right of the Level Sun, to see if there are additional gardens. If there are, just click on one to see it. The default display is the first on the left.

[Added]
When you look at your friends avatar icons at the bottom of the screen, if there are unspent "friend points", there will be a clover icon in the upper right corner of the friend icon. Paying attention to the clover will allow you to only visit those friends that you will be able to help.

Be advised that you still may not be able to help though. If they only have plants that need to be harvested and no monsters you can attack, you won't be able to do anything for them. :(
Spock
Squishem

7. Aug 2016, 22:21

Dragon Flowers only return as many plants as planted but they give a huge amount of experience. If you don't need them right away for other plants or potions. plant them in your garden for a quick boost to your experience level.
Icefairy2
Cuddle

10. Aug 2016, 23:36

Dragon Flowers,
always plant also normal plants because the neighbors / friends can not click this plants.
Icefairy
english is not my first language and my last lesson was a really long time ago. So please excuse my grammar or spelling errors.
My ingame name is Icefairy2 Account ID 20
Spock
Squishem

11. Aug 2016, 00:09

Icefairy2 wrote:Dragon Flowers,
always plant also normal plants because the neighbors / friends can not click this plants.
Icefairy
Good call! I never have that many that it would take up all my planting space anyway. :(
Cecili
Gardener

23. Aug 2016, 07:20

Spock wrote:If at all possible, concentrate on only a single dragon at a time. Somehow I managed to get three eggs at the same time and, from left to right, each was progressively more expensive to raise. If you get multiple eggs, ignore all but the left-most egg. Any extra will happily sit there until you have the resources to activate them.

Not realizing this initially, I tried to bring all three up to the same level. The left dragon required 10 food, the middle required 20, and the right required 30! Once my left-most dragon had left the nest, the "cost" of raising the others declined by 10 each to 10 and 20.
I keep multiple eggs, but fill only the happiness items on the second and third. That way I can take advantage of the higher egg points from the better fruit, since feeding the babies only gives 1 point regardless of what fruit it is. The first position egg always wants only 10 even if it is newer than the others eggs. If you place a new egg in the first spot while having older eggs, it still gets precedence. So I go through them in order and start with 3 fresh eggs again once they are all released. I hope that makes sense....

if it doesn't, then try here: http://magoia.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Cave
Paizw
Squishem

17. Dec 2019, 11:03

Wonderful input in this thread both by Spock, Cecili and IceFairy2!
And, Thank you all!!

As I have arrived at a Level in the 30's (LOL),
Dragon-brought flowers are a must for the little more advanced potions in the Brewery (yeah, the ones that need some hours to be prepared) :o
so I have necessarily come to wonder about the Dragons ...
Well, the Dragons per se are interesting little creatures, with exquisite names too - but the issue is with the flowers they bring!

Now, it takes what feels like A G E S to get the Dragon's goodies back -
and at times this is to be more-or-less consumed in an advanced potion, or herb, or so ... hhmmm

Anyhow, this is the reasoning behind my 'Quest' to figure out how to best deal with these issues,
which I'm sure might only get more complicated once the Levels advance ...

So, for now, I'm still looking at it & cannot claim I have -EUREKA- found the way out of this ...
But, I have definitely come to some clues!
So, if you are -as I am ATM- at a Level past the beginner's but still not very advanced,
where not so many trees - gardens - resources etc are available, but the demands get higher and more interesting ;)

There appears to be No Way to reduce the Dragon's Travel time (w no pay), neither the time needed for the caring of the Dragons, no matter how many fruit you may have.
So to overcome this, a Good -and Only- idea is to be raising many Dragons at the same time ...
[Mathematically-speaking, it reduces the time to half for 2 Dragons, or to one-third for 3 Dragons raised at the same time]

Feasible? ... Well, Not, unless you make sure you have the extra fruit to support that :?
The best advice that I have is also making sure you get a Cloud Tree
it may appear that it gives only 4 Fruits, BUT with Only 2 of its Fruits you get a new egg!! :P
(and paying a little MoonMice, you can have its fruit twice a day!) ;) so This makes it TWO new eggs per Day with its 4 fruits!
Now, having a gold tree or two (Unicorn, and/or Heart-cherry or other)
--> Apparently, I do advice that you get your trees to Gold at least! And Ennoble them when you can - We get more fruit this way!! 8-) <---
That's starting our way into raising 2 Dragons at the same time, and being able to feed the second without striving! :)
Just saying!