Games and Why We Love Them

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators

Callia
Forum Moderator

14. Mar 2018, 01:23

So... we all know we love playing Magoia, after all, here we are! But tell me about your first games, your favorite games, any genre, and why you loved it (and at times, hated it). :twisted: You know, the games you would still play today if you could or you would snap up in a minute if they ever came out with a new version today. One or two per entry only please... let's let everyone have a chance - you can come back again and again! ;)

My first hook - Colossal Cave! The original text adventure game. I still load up old versions of it (and it's spinoffs) to this day! :ugeek: Before graphics changed the face of gaming, I loved caving in real life AND on the PC! Trying to solve a maze that wasn't visual and resided only in your head, so awesome... so frustrating! "You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike" still makes me long to adventure and that snarky interface can still make me throw my arms up in frustration while screaming and laughing at the same time! :o

RPG's were my next love (and still are) - They were a visual extension of Colossal Cave and playing D&D. :D One of my first favs... The King's Quest Series

Callia
If you want to Conquer the World... You best have Dragons.
MazMazzifyMaz
Herb Witch

16. Mar 2018, 22:52

I remember the Atari. My first ever favourite game was Tetris and then Pipeline. (Many, many, many, many, many, years ago)
There is always a hidden owl in knowledge
Shelindo
Fearn

15. Apr 2018, 14:51

My favorite game was skytopia you had to buy habitats decorate them buy and hatch eggs and put the animals in the habitat feed them to grow it was very interesting as u can breed 2 different animals to create a new species! But I gave it up because it required a new species an no matter how much I bred 2 together I could never create it. I am glad I found magoia as I think I will never be bored there always something new to create that I can actually create :P and plus all the events the moon event Easter event extra yields forum ............
MazMazzifyMaz
Herb Witch

10. Jun 2018, 07:42

I love hidden item games. I also enjoy Mahjong.
There is always a hidden owl in knowledge
sherri
Dragonspider

25. Oct 2018, 01:52

My game is Pac-Man I really got into it and got really good in the game, and at times I would get mad is when they where blue and you where hot on their tail, and then the last one would go back to solid again, and you would lose your Pac-Man, and now they got it out again on my computer to play again.
gerage
Horn Mole

18. Nov 2019, 09:55

I like some games and i play to enjoy with my friends daily some games
sweetpickles
Cuddle

19. Nov 2019, 00:17

I think one of my favorites has to be The Settlers on PC. They still have them and I play every once in a while. You direct tiny little people to build towns, food, mine for gold ans silver and eventually build a strong military force to take over the others on your island.
(Forgetmenot) Live in the Present, Remember the Past, and Fear not the Future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only NOW . . .Saphira