Ideas for games/quizzes.

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Aramina
Star Gazer

8. Jan 2018, 06:52

That's why this kind of contest is reserved for those who knew the practice of image editing ...
it takes weeks of practice, to know how to use Photoshop, it's been years that I use it and yet I do not know everything. Me too when I want to do something special, I will read the existing tutorials
and it would take me dozens of hours to create all the necessary tutorials about using layers, the effects of each element and I do not have the strength to sit as long each day
In addition I do not have photoshop CC, much too expensive for me, I only have an old photoshop CS

And for Gimp, there are already a lot of tutorials, just do a search with google to find them

And if there are not enough people, among the players, who like to do that, or who have a knowledge of image editing, there is no point in doing this kind of contest, simply ...
Good vibes and energies Image
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

8. Jan 2018, 07:12

I would just like to give everyone the chance to give it a go but if it is going to take weeks then it may be a problem. Still I would like to give it a go. Is there anything simpler than the Gimp turorials. I tried and just found them a little to fast. I will try again today.
Everything in life is magical, including dragons, elves, gnomes and fairies. Enjoy everything!
MazMazzifyMaz
Herb Witch

8. Jan 2018, 10:46

Sanfordnc wrote:I have an idea for a title of a game in January....it's called "June in January Promises", maybe someone can think of what to do with this.
This is a movie isn't it?
There is always a hidden owl in knowledge
karenrollins
Star Gazer

8. Jan 2018, 18:10

i liked your game where you had people post something about themselves and we had to go looking for that info later (although mine somehow didn't submit. most likely my internet grrrrr) but it not only got people to go back and read posts, you got to know about others who are playing. i think focusing on other people and making them real to the players would be a great focus. as people come from different backgrounds and countries, you can hone in on a game that could keep focus on something in or about those countries.... like planting an entire garden with the colors of the country's flag(you have so many plants with such different colors we could probably do it... well, except for black... you would have to provide a special timed black flower like that star flower}, or traditional recipes from a particular country... maybe list animals, trees, birds, insects, or plants native to that country .... it would be a learning experience, and as there are so many countries in the world, this game could be reused many times.

many cultures have their own dragons in folklore.... stories about those dragons would be interesting and even better if they could post a pic of the dragon in the story as well.

maybe a synopsis on a world the player would create if they did something like a magoia of their own... what it would look like, what creatures they would put in it, what would be some of the goals and why, etc...

create a logical sentence made by the letters, in order, of magoia, the dragons' names, the characters' names, a plant name, and/or the player's name....

ok, i'm idea'd out for now.... you're killing me....
karenrollins
Star Gazer

8. Jan 2018, 18:14

oh wait... one more.... if it is not really a huge graphic thing.... remove one item in magoia island or a garden and players have a day to guess what was removed.... like remove the bridge or a fencing in the aqua garden... something that every player would normally have.....

ok... NOW i'm idea'd out.....
Cikala
Gardener

9. Jan 2018, 04:50

PetDragon wrote:I would just like to give everyone the chance to give it a go but if it is going to take weeks then it may be a problem. Still I would like to give it a go. Is there anything simpler than the Gimp turorials. I tried and just found them a little to fast. I will try again today.
I'm not sure if you understand just how complex graphic editing can be.. There is a reason those tutorials are so involved. People go to college to learn that kind of thing. It's certainly not what most people would be willing to learn to do just for a simple game contest. If there are a few people who already have some knowledge and would like to design something for us to vote on, that's great, but I wouldn't expect anyone who doesn't already know how to do it would be able to come up with a workable design within a short period of time. I have GIMP and know enough to resize and crop my images, and some knowledge about layers and flattening them, but that's about it.
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

9. Jan 2018, 05:22

Cikala wrote:
PetDragon wrote:I would just like to give everyone the chance to give it a go but if it is going to take weeks then it may be a problem. Still I would like to give it a go. Is there anything simpler than the Gimp turorials. I tried and just found them a little to fast. I will try again today.
I'm not sure if you understand just how complex graphic editing can be.. There is a reason those tutorials are so involved. People go to college to learn that kind of thing. It's certainly not what most people would be willing to learn to do just for a simple game contest. If there are a few people who already have some knowledge and would like to design something for us to vote on, that's great, but I wouldn't expect anyone who doesn't already know how to do it would be able to come up with a workable design within a short period of time. I have GIMP and know enough to resize and crop my images, and some knowledge about layers and flattening them, but that's about it.
I have no idea at all about doing any of this. I have only just learnt how to add animations and that took me long enough to work out. I am just trying to work on a suggestion made a bit earlier in this topic and find out if there was a way to get everyone involved. Obviously this is not going to be the case so other solutions need to be found so that players do not feel left out or miss out on gifts because they lack knowledge in one area. We certainly do not want to do this to happen.

Questions....
Who has enough knowledge and experience to design a costume for a Magoia avatar?
Who has enough knowledge and experience to design an item (sword etc) for a Magoia avatar?
Who has enough knowledge and experience to design a new hairstyle for a Magoia avatar?
Everything in life is magical, including dragons, elves, gnomes and fairies. Enjoy everything!
mapi
Gardener

9. Jan 2018, 10:11

I don´t know how to create anything, but in my town we have our own dragon :). It would be pleasure to show it to you :).
hegyipasztor
Shaman

9. Jan 2018, 10:34

Hi!
I would like to recommend a program to your attention, which may help to improve the face of your characters. There are a lot of hair, beard and other facial additions. I'll send you a few samples to see the finished results. These can be drawn to the world of the Magoia. This can also be used to enhance the game. I'm also trying to look at clothes. :) The boys' wardrobe and toolbox should be developed very well. I feel very oppressed. :) I made them with my "faces edu plus" program for my novel. If you can not find the program I can send it, but it's only under XP under my experience.
Attachments
példakarakter 2.JPG
példakarakter 2.JPG (63.17 KiB) Viewed 9986 times
példakarakter.JPG
példakarakter.JPG (61.87 KiB) Viewed 9986 times
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

9. Jan 2018, 10:50

This could help with doing hairstyles and tattoo's etc. Thank you hegyipasztor.