Surprise Event 21

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Esethielle
Gardener

22. Jun 2018, 08:04

Obviously Australia is still the same, whether before or after its discovery, but the fact that Australia is not an island answers the question, the trick is here ;)
Callia
Forum Moderator

22. Jun 2018, 08:39

Game Over!
Wow! I had no idea this would stir up such a literary debate! LOL

is·land ˈīlənd/ noun
noun: island; plural noun: islands
1. a piece of land surrounded by water.

And for those who couldn't resist googling it: Quote Google “Sorry if this is a disappointing answer, but the definition of "continent" is arbitrary! So Australia could be called an island, or a continent, or both. It is often called "the island continent." The fact is all of the continents have arbitrary borders that not everyone agrees on.”

Soooo, although not everyone agrees (tomAtoe – tomAHtoe); going with the theory that Australia a listed as a continent AND is also an island – then the largest island before Australia was discovered was…… still Australia; It was still there and still the biggest island even if no one knew about it! LOL

You ALL win!!! I loved your comments and the giggles some of them provided!!! Way to go! You all win 50 Water Lilies!
Rewards are on their way! Make note now if your watching to track them! Prize Distributed = 50 WL

Extra kudos to Aeris64 for giving us this controversial riddle - all nit-picking aside -- we all had fun with it!!!
And Aeris64 says, I Quote, "If I showed you a map of the world and you didn't know where it was, then you would call that land mass an island - a really big one - but an island. Ireland & England & Antartica, too. ROFLMAO", end Quote.
If you want to Conquer the World... You best have Dragons.