Info on games

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

AlizAlizA
Herb Witch

26. Nov 2018, 11:12

Esethielle wrote:
MazMazzifyMaz wrote:
The 12 days of Christmas sounds good but I know you will be doing your best. Thank you
last year they gave us a great advent calendar, with only two people ... so with a team of 4 it should be even better! :D
thanks to all the team for always doing your best, all the players who come on the forum appreciate it enormously :D
As you will notice from the new post that has gone up we are looking for a new moderator as we no longer have 4 people helping BUT I will do my best. Thank you for your kind words.
“Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn…. Then always be a unicorn!”
1Shaluv1
Gardener

28. Nov 2018, 12:08

Thanks
Esethielle
Gardener

4. Dec 2018, 14:10

I was sure the mod team would do a great advent calendar, thanks a lot!!! ImageImage
Esethielle
Gardener

20. Jul 2019, 09:19

Hi all, hi the mods :)

I know that I always ask disturbing questions ... but ... last summer, there were games on the forum every two or three days ... and here I have the impression that will not have one except the 4th July games. ...
Could you tell us more about what you planned to do?
AlizAlizA
Herb Witch

21. Jul 2019, 05:28

Hello Esethielle,

I apologise for not putting up as many games as past moderators. There are plans to attract more players to the Forum and also for players to put in 100% with their answers.
Esethielle
Gardener

21. Jul 2019, 10:33

Me, what I see, and I do not think to be the only one ... is that the fewer games there are, the fewer participants in the forum events ... so fewer and fewer people are interested in watching the forum and it saddens me because this forum was really alive .. and here he is dying ..
willow
Fearn

21. Jul 2019, 13:37

Personally I'd like to thank all the moderators for all the games that you do put up, with the school holidays I find it more difficult to get on everyday to visit players gardens etc and that's with 11 on my friend list either on holiday or not playing the way they were. Not so many games on just now doesn't bother me, I believe real life comes first. I like playing in the forum love the prizes if I'm honest lol, although you must find it difficult to please everyone :) I love the games that ask us to make as many words as I can (fires up the brain lol) and I know not everyone likes those, anyway I'll be playing when a new game is posted and thanks once again for all that you do I assume in your spare time, I love playing but I wouldn't want to do any of the stuff you all do, so I take my hat off to you all. Thanks :)
Cikala
Gardener

22. Jul 2019, 11:14

I have to say I'm a little concerned with the statement "players to put in 100% with their answers." The original idea of these games was participation, not necessarily correct answers. For a lot of the players here, english is not their first language, which causes barriers. Add in the fact that the developers, and even some of the moderators, don't have english as a first language either, and the field is ripe for miscommunication. Heck, there is currently something in the upcoming update that I don't understand one bit, something about cancelling days when you are sitting?? I have no idea what that whole paragraph is referring to, but I know that's due to errors in translation.

Now maybe there is something worse going on than what I've seen, but so far all I've seen is issues related to miscommunication and translation difficulties. So I really do hope that is kept in mind when considering any upcoming changes.
AlizAlizA
Herb Witch

23. Jul 2019, 00:35

Hello Cikala,
Please don't misunderstand me. The reason why I stated 100% with answers is for the very reason you stated. We have many players who do not have English as the main language and we would like to try and make it fair to all players to give 100% to their answers. I apologize if I didn't make myself clear. We have had some games where players have found it difficult to answer and we are trying to arrange games where this doesn't happen. We would also like to give an extra Moderators gifts every now and then to a player who has excelled in his/her answers. Games were played for many months and translation was never an issue but it has been raised lately so we must be fair and try to ensure a fair go for everyone. This has meant rethinking what games we put up. I just wish we had the time to allow answers in other languages but translation takes time that we do not have. Please understand that we are doing the best we can.

PS I also agree with you Cikala that there is a part of the upgrade message that I do not understand. I think it may be to do with account sitting but I will check and find out for you.
Here is the link to the game rules and this talks about sitting. If you are on holidays you can appoint someone to play your game. I think this new update will allow you to get back days if you come back earlier. I think this is what that paragraph is about but
I will get more clarification for you. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6#p9
Cikala
Gardener

23. Jul 2019, 05:42

Thank you AlizAliza for the link. I'm sure I glanced through that when I first started, but it's been awhile. While I don't know how the process of account sitting works as I've never used it, at least now I have an idea of what the patch notes are referring to. I also now realize that I probably should let support know that my 3 year old plays around on her own account occasionally!

As for the games, I'm glad that we seem to be mostly on the same page. Your post had reminded me of a comment posted when one of the 4th of July games had closed, that maybe not all the answers were what the mod had in mind when posting the question, and I was afraid the changes were going to involve variance or even lack of prizes if an answer wasn't satisfactory to the mod. I've often noticed slightly different answers than one might expect, even back when the games first started, due to language differences, but it's never been a big deal since the idea was to get people participating on the forums more than anything else. Although I don't know how successful that's really been, there seems to only be a handful of us that post outside of the forum games.