Info on games

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

AlizAlizA
Herb Witch

23. Jul 2019, 09:54

I can assure you that we have discussed prizes A LOT. We would love to be able to give away even more prizes and even larger prizes but we have Admin who give us guidelines on what we can give for prizes and how many we can give. Believe me, QuickSilver and I have had many discussions about increasing prizes. I think I remember QuickSilver saying "Can we sneak in a small Cloud Tree?" :lol: (We managed to get a small unicorn tree once)

Prizes are usually worked out according to the difficulty of the game but we are concerned with the fact that some players feel disadvantaged because of the language barrier. This has been bought up by players in game posts. Due to these posts, we have decided to completely rethink the games that are played and it has meant delays as we look for games that we hope will suit all players.

One idea that we would like to start is to give a Moderators prize. This will be for a player who makes an exceptionally great post or makes a number of really good posts in a row.

Cikala,
If you have 2 people using the same IP address it is always a good idea to let Admin know via a Support Ticket.
“Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn…. Then always be a unicorn!”
karenrollins
Star Gazer

23. Jul 2019, 15:45

i remember the small unicorn tree... i got that for one of the games and it was so great!
is there any way to have a translator button in the game for different languages? we have two people from italy in our clan and to communicate with them i cut and paste on a translator... i do understand that we have people that speak many different languages, so maybe if they were able to choose their language somehow and have things automatically translate for them within the game? i am no computer expert, so this may be a task that is just too hard, but i would like to see everyone be able to participate and communicate together and be happy.
Esethielle
Gardener

27. Jul 2019, 08:49

It's now 23 days without games on the forum ...
My question has not been answered, I think it's because of the language barrier, I can not express myself, so I'm trying to rephrase more precisely ...
Do you make games regularly, if so, how many games per week? unless you have decided not to do games on the forum anymore, in this case it would be nice to keep us informed .. thank you for responding
AlizAlizA
Herb Witch

28. Jul 2019, 06:15

Hello Esethielle,
We will be starting games again very soon. There are various reasons why games have not been played. As for the future we will definitely be putting up as many games as we can. There is no definite amount of games per week as we cannot tell when real life will stop games from happening. Giving away prizes is the best part of being a Moderator. Look out for notices and please encourage all of your friends to join the Forum.
“Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn…. Then always be a unicorn!”
Esethielle
Gardener

28. Jul 2019, 10:52

Hello Aliza :)

Thank you so much for your answer
By reading your answer I finally understand .. the team of moderators had to undergo real life hazards .. so we will be patient .. do everything so that you and your families are doing well and stay in good health is the priority .. you have always done great work so far, that's why I was worried .. but take care of yourself, the games are not so important as long as the team moderators return in a good mood, as usual, and with many new events, and especially in good health :)
Cikala
Gardener

28. Jul 2019, 11:04

I'd also like to say, that I think it's important for us to remember that the moderators are just regular players who have volunteered their time. They are not paid employees. The games, while at times can be frequent, are usually random in when they are posted, and meant to be fun ways to get a little bonus for participating on the forums. I don't think we should think of the games as expected to always be here.
Esethielle
Gardener

28. Jul 2019, 11:32

Sorry to contradict you Cikala, but the moderators are paid 1800 water lilies per month, as it was stipulated in the recruiting email dating from two years ago ;)
karenrollins
Star Gazer

28. Jul 2019, 16:39

1800 water lilies is nice in the game, but moderators are still volunteers. they have lives that occur outside of the game, and those lives include work, children, grandchildren, emergencies, and downtime. it would be nice to have other people volunteer their time, but there was a post months ago for it and if people do not want to give their time moderating, then we need to be happy and appreciative of those who do volunteer their time. i don't think it is easy coming up with games that are different each time, and with the complaints about language barriers, it is possible they are putting their heads together to come up with a solution to that before the next game is played. it is hard to be so creative with so many people to try to please all at once.
Quicksilver
Fearn

28. Jul 2019, 20:52

HI all and thank you so very much for your support and understanding, Esethielle is right we are paid 1,800 waterlilies a month, in return we watch the forum and try to intercept adverts and inappropriate postings the amount of which can vary depending on how prolific the spammer is, we also try and help in the support link, both links are checked regularly throughout the day and night by the moderators who are on at the time :). We try and devise games and when the games end we deliver the prizes.
We all have families and some of us have work commitments which as I'm sure you can all appreciate come first, so I also apologise for the games being sporadic. However we have discussed in depth as Aliza has said how to try and include everyone in the games fairly, and have come up with a list of ideas. All the moderators live in different time zones and getting together to discuss can be difficult, however we have and still do meet up, with some of us even foregoing sleep to do so.
AlizAliza is one of the hardest working people I have ever met she goes above and beyond what is needed :) and I am very grateful for all the time she has spent helping me learn on top of everything else she undertakes, I am not always an easy pupil lol.
So in short sorry for the delay in games being posted and as Aliza has said there are games that have been planned and will be restarted soon :) hugs to all Quicksilver
Mazzy-Maz
Shaman

29. Jul 2019, 10:47

Esethielle wrote:Sorry to contradict you Cikala, but the moderators are paid 1800 water lilies per month, as it was stipulated in the recruiting email dating from two years ago ;)
:lol: :lol: Would you work for less than 2.5 cents per hour? :lol: :lol: LOL LOL

Thank you to all the Moderators who work very hard to keep everything running smoothly.
Be kind, it shows in your eyes.