Christmas Tree

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Bagzoo
Fearn

4. Dec 2018, 01:26

I live in a tropical country, so we can't really get any real pine trees. The only time I have a real Christmas tree is the Christmases I spend with my family in the US. I usually end up doing some non-traditional (I hate the fake, plastic trees that are pretty common 'replacements' here) like this:

(image from quirkbooks.com, via pinterest)
Mac Inat'r
Fearn

4. Dec 2018, 04:31

A live tree (still growing in the ground) covered with snow and the large, old fashioned, multi-colored lights. Wow!
carlavv
Shaman

4. Dec 2018, 04:45

Our tree is an artificial tree that looks as real as it can. I am allergic to cut pine, and tree sap. Our decorations are a combination of hand made and store bought. This year our lights are multi colored. Some years we have all white lights. We always say our tree is a tree of memories. There are the ones the kids made as they grew up. we collected ones from trips we went on and ones that belonged to family members that have passed on. There are a few special pictures in small frames and tiny story books of Christmas. A few novelty lights top it off with a Chrystal like star on top. Lol, every year we say it is the prettiest tree ever.
Je9
Fearn

4. Dec 2018, 05:03

I haven't done anything about a Christmas tree this year yet. In the past I have had a live tree in a pot that I would then plant in the yard of the place I had. Not able to do anything like that in a while.
That said: I have had trees that I would dress up in garlands of red wooden beads and a string of lights sometimes red some times blue. I would then hang ornaments that my husband and I had searched for, one for each year that we are married. If there is room then we would hang the legacy ornaments. You know the ones that we had when we were children, or ones that a close relative gave us. Then there were the pathetic ornaments. Ones that have seen better days decades ago battered and missing pieces but still they hang around because of the memories attached to them. I would then drape a pretty piece if cloth around the base of the tree, turn off the room lights and step back to admire the results.
Sanfordnc
Fearn

4. Dec 2018, 05:15

Here we go again...this is the second time I have posted...Wonder where it went???

I have an artificial tree that came with lights, but I prefer real trees, and love the odor the give off. When my children were with me at a young age, we made tree decorations which they like to make, and I liked watching them have fun. It would usually be a real tree that the whole family went out in the designated area and cut it down. That has been decades ago, we would decorate it with old lights we had from year ago, then garland, and the homemade things, bulbs and tinsel. It sure was pretty.
Saphira47
Gardener

4. Dec 2018, 06:28

my Christmas tree is a little like this one
with Christmas balls, lights and ribbons
but it is smaller :D
Attachments
quelle-decoration-pour-sapin-de-noel-fC3AAtes-gC3A9ante-arbre.jpg
quelle-decoration-pour-sapin-de-noel-fC3AAtes-gC3A9ante-arbre.jpg (216.42 KiB) Viewed 6687 times
Tylady
Cuddle

4. Dec 2018, 08:11

I prefer not to decorate. I spend all that time getting my house decorated the way I want, I do not see using the energy to take it al down, pack it away and put other stuff up for only a month or so. Also grew up with parents that were as bad as the Griswold's! We are certain their house during Christmas can be seen from satellites.

That being said, there is a new trend that is popular that if I had to would be the route I would go! ;)
black-christmas-tree-.jpg
black-christmas-tree-.jpg (84.4 KiB) Viewed 6686 times
Cikala
Gardener

4. Dec 2018, 09:22

We spend Christmas at my parent's house. This year's tree isn't quite done yet, but here is last year's.

At home, we have a 3 year old, so we haven't had a real tree in a few years. This year we have a small felt tree on the wall which my daughter helped decorate.

A couple years ago, when she had just turned 1 and recently learned to walk, I put a tree of lights on the wall just out of her reach.
1Shaluv1
Gardener

4. Dec 2018, 09:44

Fake plastic green, white lights, angels, french horns, gold ribbon, angel on top
AlizAlizA
Herb Witch

4. Dec 2018, 12:23

GAME OVER

Prize 50 Water Lilies
“Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn…. Then always be a unicorn!”