Nosy friends

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

AlizAlizA
Herb Witch

7. May 2019, 05:35

Tell us know 5 things about the city you live in.
Tell us 5 things about the country you live in.
Tell us 5 things about you

This game will close in 24 hours
“Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn…. Then always be a unicorn!”
Mazzy-Maz
Shaman

7. May 2019, 06:07

1 - I live in Willaston. It is nearly winter now. It is fairly flat land with hundreds of trees and even more Corellas,
2 - Willaston is a northern suburb 39 kilometres (24 mi) northeast of the Adelaide city centre in South Australia.
3 - The DonnyBrooks are our football club.
4 - Willaston is a part of the large country town and is on the edge of the outback yet still only a 30 minutes drive to the Capital city.
5 - The population is around 10.000

1 - Australia is huge but much of the land isn't used.
2 - Australia has 6 States and 2 Territories. SA - South Australia, Vic - Victoria, NSW - New South Wales, WA - Western Australia, Tas - Tasmania, Queensland and the Territories are ACT Australian Capital Territory and the Northern Territory.
3 - The distance between the east and west as the crow flies is 4,030 km (2,500 mi), or 3,685 km (2,290 mi) from north to south*. The western-most capital city in Australia is Perth, and the eastern-most capital city is Brisbane.
4 - Geographically speaking, Australia is a global anomaly. The Aussie mainland is the world's largest island, and is the only continent to also double as an island. With some of the world's oldest geological features, Australia is also the world's driest continent.
5 - The longest fence in the world is in Australia, and it runs for over 5,530 kilometers. The world’s longest golf course, measuring more than 850 miles long is located in Australia. Australia includes the world’s longest stretch of dead-straight railway track, a 297 mile length.

1 - I am an aging hippy and love it.
2 - I have very, very long hair (it is getting grey)
3 - I am left handed
4 - I have 3 son (aged from 40 to 47), 9 grand children (aged from 2 to 5) and 3 great grand children (aged 4 to 6)
5 - I love all animals

I will try and post some pics later.
Be kind, it shows in your eyes.
Mel
Cuddle

7. May 2019, 06:47

My city is located in the 30-kilometer-wide Upper Rhine Plain, which is bordered to the east by the Black Forest and to the west by the French Vosges.
It became a Baroque royal residence in the 18th century, was a federal fortress in the 19th century and a garrison town until the late 20th century.

My country is a Western European country with forests, rivers, mountain ranges and the beaches on the North Sea. It borders 9 states, as well as the Baltic and North Sea. We have a mediocre climate.

I am a wife, mother and for almost a year now also grandmother. My hobbies include handicrafts such as knit, crochet or sew stuffed animals. In addition, we like to travel, whether by car, train, plane or ship.
On the way from school to today, much of my english has been lost, sorry .....
karenrollins
Star Gazer

7. May 2019, 07:03

Tell us know 5 things about the city you live in..........1) there are drug cartels building tunnels under the border and when they are found and collapsed you do not hear about it in the news. 2)you can target shoot in the national forest for free.3) the lake that i live near is home for some animal life you might not find anywhere else in the USA. 4)nogales AZ and nogales MX used to be one city until the USA claimed AZ for it's own which split the town in half, so now there is a nogales az and a nogales sonora mexico that are only divided by the border. 5) part of "hangover part 3" with bradley cooper was filmed in nogales az.

tell us 5 things about the country you live in......1) people around the world think that the USA is a rich country but in reality it is not. 2) although young and does not have many manmade structures of awe like castles, the USA has some of the most incredible natural phenomenons in the world, such as the sequoia national park with ancient trees towering hundreds of feet, the grand canyon, death valley, geysers and rainbow pools in yellowstone , fire tornadoes, thor's well, the blue people, and northern lights to name a few. 3) not all states observe daylight savings time, so there are times when states, such as arizona, which i live in, are 3 hours behind the state of new york, and sometimes 2 hours behind the state of new york. 4) the most popular flavor of ice cream in the USA is vanilla. 5) we have only one marsupial that is native to this land.... the oppossum.

tell us 5 things about you.......1) in my former job i was a telephone company lineman... so i placed utility poles, climbed them using hooks, put up cable, worked in manholes, and used a bucket truck and a digger to do my work. i had a class A license. the irony is that as much work as i did in the air, i have a fear of heights. 2) i used to teach the martial arts 3) i learned how to belly dance 4) i have my scuba certification 5) i ride motorcycles
Andreja
Gardener

7. May 2019, 08:07

The town I live is Karlovac.
- 2 rivers run through the town and 2 more near by
- it's birthday is 13.7.1579. so this year we will celebrate 440th birthday
- it was built in the shape of a six pointed star as ideal renaissance city
- Nikola Tesla attended school in Karlovac
- we have beer festival ( we also have beer brewary )

Croatia
- The Game Of Thrones was filmed in Croatia ( Dubrovnik was Kings Landing )
- Rice chocolate was invented in Croatia in 1963 at the Zvečevo factory in the western Slavonian city of Požega
- The Walls of Ston are the longest preserved fortification system in the world after the Great Wall of China
- The island of Vis plays Greece in the Hollywood film ‘Mamma Mia 2’
- Croatia is the home of the necktie

Me
- my name is Andreja
- I have a cat Mikula
- my body is 46 years old and my heart is 18
- I love to read and my favourite books are fantasy and si-fi ( McMaster Bujold <3 )
- I worship old slavic godesses and gods
shuggahbowl
Dragonspider

7. May 2019, 08:27

Hello All
5 things about my city:
Well...it's more a community, because I live outside the city limits. :D I live away back in the woods.
1: I see animals every day. deer, rabbits, racoons, armadillos etc.
2: We just had tornado damage.
3:We have more churches than businesses. (You're welcome to attend)
4:I am 20 miles from a Walmart or any department store.
5: We don't have much crime.

5 things about my country:
1: I live in Texas (that's a whole other country) lol
2: You can be ANY religion you want here.
3: People here love to talk politics...even if they don't know them.
4: Eating habits vary by state somewhat...gumbo and crawfish in La., chillie and smoked meats in Tx, pizza in Pa.
5: The weather. Cold up north, hot down south, stormy on the coasts, a bit of it all in the middle.

5 things about me
1: GOD willing, I will be 50 on July 6th. :D :D :D :D :D
2: I have 4 adult children,3 boys 1 girl, 11 grandchildren (number 12 is due late this year) Yaaayyyy
3: I am tall and thin (5'9" 135lbs) I used to model
4: I collect frogs. If you saw my front and back porch you would call me 'the crazy frog lady'. I didn't take it that far but people know I collect them and everybody brings them to me. lol
5: My parents are still living. They are 85 & 87. I am number 13 of 14 children.
moonchild
Shaman

7. May 2019, 08:50

Hello everyone,my life is let's say excitingly complicated cause of what I do for a living & well here it is:
I spent living between (mostly) 3 cities Milan,Paris and Athens and travel in many others in between

Milan is in Italy's northern Lombardy region,is a global capital of fashion and design,home to the Gothic Duomo di Milano cathedral
and the Santa Maria delle Grazie convent,housing Leonardo da Vinci’s mural “The Last Supper” Living here is pretty exciting
especially during the months around Fashion Weeks Italians can be so loud and nosy some times but also are one of the
most heart warming people in the world

Paris,France's capital,is a major European city and a global center for art,fashion,gastronomy and culture
Its 19th-c cityscape is crisscrossed by wide boulevards and the River Seine.Besides such landmarks as the Eiffel Tower
and the 12th-century,Gothic Notre-Dame cathedral,which recently was destroyed by fire
and we all got heart-broken about it,the city is known for its cafe culture and designer boutiques
along the Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré.Paris has been hit by quite a few terrorist attacks
and a LOT of violent demonstrations lately but still remains one of the most alluring and interesting cities in the world,to live in

Athens,the capital of Greece,surrounded by beautiful beaches, is one of the most famous and ancient capital cities of Europe,
and holds a special place in the history of Western civilization.One of the most famous ancient historic buildings
is in this town,Acropolis overlooking the old Theater of Dionysus,which still operates & could hold up to 17,000 people.
Other famous ancient historic buildings there,are the Temple of Poseidon & Olympic Stadium where
the very 1st modern Olympic were held in 1896(the ancient ones were in were staged in Olympia,Greece,
from 776 BC through 393 AD) Unfortunately Athens,like the rest of Greece has been under economic recession,for the past 10yrs
dew to huge government debt,which brought the people to their knees and almost ruined their lives but things are looking up a bit now

I am a model and travel a lot
I'm vegan,5.11'(1.80) tall,have long dark hair and green eyes
I lost my mom recently from cancer and it almost destroyed me
but that's when I learned what it means "to fall down 9 times & get back up 10"
I have a much older brother and the most gorgeous niece,7yrs old & nephew 18 months :)
I am a member of many charities about children & animals welfare

Moonchild 8-)
sylvannaro
Shaman

7. May 2019, 09:29

5 things about my city Bucharest
- The city of Bucharest is the sixth capital of the European Union in size.
- Although there is no clear evidence yet, the legend says that the name of the city of Bucharest was given by a shepherd named Bucur who settled long ago on the banks of the river Dambovita.
- During Communism, in Bucharest, over 20 churches were destroyed (partially or totally). Some of them dating from the first half of the 16th century.
- The first theater in Bucharest is the National Theater and was inaugurated on December 21, 1852, with the song "Zoe or Loan Lover".
- the narrowest street in Bucharest is just 198 centimeters, with only 70 more than the narrowest street in Europe.

5 things about my country Romania
- The Timisoara city was the first European street lighting street in 1884, and Bucharest was the first oil-lighted city in 1858.
- The Sphinx in the Bucegi Mountains is the same height as the Sphinx in Egypt. This is also the reason why some researchers believe it was made by humans rather than by nature forces and that, in fact, they are a deity.
- The oldest homos sapiens fossils in Europe were discovered in southwestern Romania, in the Oeste cave. The fossils, which were named by researchers "Bones 1", "Bones 2" and "Bones 3", were dated 35,000 - 40,500 years old.
- The highest sculpture in Europe is Decebal's face carved in a rock at the Danube Boilers. The bas-relief is 55 m tall and 25 m wide. Eye length: 4.3 m; nose length: 7 meters; nose width: 4 meters.
- The Romanian money banknote of 10 bani put into circulation in 1917 is the smallest banknote in the world. Its dimensions were only 2.75 x 3.80 cm.

5 things about me
- I'm a journalist at Radio Romania Broadcasting Corporation
- I have a brother
- I am born in autumn and I love the autumn season very much
- I have a long curly hair
- I am scorpio
AngelDragonWings
Cuddle

7. May 2019, 10:56

i live with my nanna who lives in Willaston.
willaston is very close to the barossa valley which is known for its world class wines
we live near a scout hall and a footballl oval
willaston is part of gawler
willaston is very hilly and very beautiful

australia is very very hot in summer and very cold in winter.
we have heaps of land that is desert/outback
we have lovely beaches
we are a mixture of people from many countries
we have many deadly creatures

i live with my Nanna
i love dolphins
i love swimming
i have heaps of cousins
i have my lessons at home
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible"
Tenzin Gyatso
willow
Fearn

7. May 2019, 11:01

Tell us five things about the city you live in

I live in the outskirts of Glasgow

Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland
Glasgow means dear green place, it's a friendly city with lots of architecture and you hear loads of banter especially on a Friday or Saturday night
Saint Mungo is the patron saint of Glasgow and is on the Glasgow coat of arms
There are a few football teams the two that nearly everyone will have heard of are Celtic and Rangers
The main River flowing through Glasgow is the river Clyde where ships were built

Five things about the country I live in
I live in Scotland

Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland
Scotland has many wild, beautiful places where you can feel at peace and sense of freedom, I'd say most of the people are warm and friendly (welcoming) but there is also poverty and hardship in the cities.
Scotland is steeped in history much of it violent and gory with many historical places still surviving
Scotland is a nation of inventors, through the years they have contributed some brilliant and wonderful things e.g. colour photographs, telephone, chloroform, television, penicillin, tarmacadam to name a few
Scotland is home to Nessie our own wee Loch Ness monster :D

Five things about me
I have three children, a son and two daughters, my son and eldest daughter are both going to make me a granny this year one in July and one in September, my youngest daughter is still at school sitting exams.

I have a Greyhound called Skye she was a rescue all our pets have been rescues always have been always will be, we have been a home to 3 dogs,3 cats, 1 mouse, 6 hamsters,1 cockatiel, a tank of tropical fish and 3 goldfish I love all animals.

I am very honest, to a fault, I was told from an early age that if I couldn't say anything nice not to say anything at all :D and I still try and live by that so if I don't like your new hairdo I won't say anything at all, anyone who knows me knows not to ask me anything they don't want a truthful answer to. There are times that I speak what I'm thinking without realising it, it's only when I see the person's face that I realise what I've done and if I mean what I've said then I won't back down.

I love brooches and old jewellery, I don't wear them often but I do collect them especially aurora borealis and marcasite :o)

I love all kinds of music, gardening, all handcrafts and books especially thrillers my favourite author right now is Lars Kepler, a good murder and I'm gone forget dinner :D