Halloween :D

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

sweetpickles
Cuddle

1. Nov 2019, 08:54

I was in my early twenties and working in an office. They wanted to have all the employees dress up for Halloween. I was very tall and rather shapely in my youth, and very much a 'Girly" girl. I decided to switch my appearance and fool them all, so decided to go as a big fat bum. I borrowed my brother in laws triple x pants and shirt with a belt, old size 13 work shoes and work gloves, used pillows to stuff inside to make myself appear very rotund. I disguised my face with stubble and hid my long hair under a baseball cap. I walked around slouched over and lowered my voice to make it more gravely. I fooled pretty much all the other employees for quite some time. Most fun time since I was a little kid playing dress up.
(Forgetmenot) Live in the Present, Remember the Past, and Fear not the Future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only NOW . . .Saphira
Lorelei3
Shaman

1. Nov 2019, 09:12

Well...we don't officially celebrate Halloween in Romania, but lately the young and very young people are wearing costumes in some private events during these days, maybe to feel included in international events, and just for fun, like it's a Carnival. We don't have official Carnivals either :( We don't celebrate Death. We just comemorate the dead ones from our relatives and friends, there are 4 main general events, one for each season, called Mosi (The Elders). Tomorrow, the first Saturday in November, we comemorate Mosii de Toamna (the Autumn Elders).

The only time I was wearing a costume impersonating somebody else was in school, it was Cinderella play. I was actually wearing 2 costumes, one very ugly, most of the time, and the other was The Dress :) My mother worked a lot on that dress, to make it look shining and exquisite. I will always remember the moment I entered on the theater scene wearing The Dress and a tiara and all the public groaning loudly "OWWWWW". Yeah, it was nice :D
Paizw
Squishem

1. Nov 2019, 09:38

Not having Halloween in my country - and even though I happened to know about it, & have something extra for the day, I never really dressed up, or something.
We do celebrate - A LOT - the Carnival, which is in the deep winter, usually sometime in February, & there we dress up!!!

Much fun!!
My best memories are going out with friends, all dressed up, and just having/making fun in the streets, with passers-by, strangers, etc as mostly everyone was into it!
(and it wasn't That long ago - though it, indeed, was 'the previous century'! LOL

I was dressed up with a very fine party-dress of when my mother was younger (a dress I still love to this day, had I known where it is I'd even wear it-for fun!!)
Now that would make the dress being of the 'party' fashions of the early/mid fifties or something.

Pink-magenta in color, but not very bright, with a very very fine see-through shawl around ... the neck/shoulders/etc
High heels & a tiny, shiny purse, I suppose And off we were!!!
Lovely times!
I'll call that friend or, her mother, one of these days, as even if our lives are not that close anymore, we still keep contact!

Lovely memories - thanks for giving the chance in bringing them up! ;)

PS - the bonuses we get for participating in the forum games are muchly appreciated!
Would there occassionally be a few hundreds of Water Lilies, big crowds would be attracted! LOL
Just saying!
Just saying!
willow
Fearn

1. Nov 2019, 09:40

My most vivid memory was dressing up as the pop star Toyah for a Halloween party, my sister painted food colouring all through my hair and my face had flying birds painted on it with mascara lol, it looked really good at the start of the night. After a few hours of energetic dancing however the birds had run all over my face and I looked more like Susie from Susie and the banshees. Once I got home I had to wash my hair to remove the food colouring as I had work in the morning, I washed it five times as the food colouring wouldn't come out of the highlights in my hair, in the end I had to go to work with green streaks all through dark brown hair, who knew food colouring wouldn't wash out :D walked around like that for months until finally I could get it cut out without leaving myself completely bald :twisted:
Icefairy2
Cuddle

1. Nov 2019, 09:48

im tooo old :(
when i was young, Halloween was no big thing in germany and later i never dressed up.
english is not my first language and my last lesson was a really long time ago. So please excuse my grammar or spelling errors.
My ingame name is Icefairy2 Account ID 20
sylvannaro
Shaman

1. Nov 2019, 10:29

In Romania, Halloween is not so big.
In conclusion, I only used to go to themed parties or Carnival.
If I were to wear a Halloween costume I would choose something with Sally-style ribbons from Cosmar before Christmas ...
Gwink
Squishem

1. Nov 2019, 10:40

Not dressed up for Halloween, but dressed up a couple of times as Dumbledore for the Brownie holidays (yes every day). And with other staff as the other characters, the Brownies loved it! (Beard was very itchy!)
Liluck
Squishem

1. Nov 2019, 10:44

we don't celebrate Halloween in Romania in this manner
but I always wished to be a witch and know how to make spells :D

name in game liluc
name in game liluc
thumper
Fearn

1. Nov 2019, 11:58

my best Memory is when my kids were little and they would dress up and we would go door to door till 9 pm it was not this cold out
and there where a lot of kids out and my kids had so much fun...
LuluMoon
Gardener

1. Nov 2019, 12:32

I think the most memorable Halloweens are from my childhood, at school we used to have Halloween night when we stayed the night there, teachers always had amazing and cool activities such as games, dances, costume contests, horror movie marathons, spooky stories etc. I will always remember and cherish those carefree days :)