Halloween :D

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Quicksilver
Fearn

31. Oct 2019, 23:56

Happy Halloween
:twisted: Tell us what is your fondest/ favourite/ or most vivid memory of dressing up for Halloween :evil:
Game will last 48 hours give trick or treaters time to enter :twisted: as always have fun :twisted:
Google translator : https://translate.google.com
karenrollins
Star Gazer

1. Nov 2019, 00:32

i dressed up as a pirate, complete with moustache, beard, and chest hair. i had a pirate walk and a pirate talk. my best friend did not even recognize me!
we were at a dance club and another friend of mine showed up late. she wanted to know who i was, so my BFF's husband told her i was Bill the Pirate. she got all googly eyed and started hitting on me. for HOURS... YES... HOURS....i tried to tell her that it was ME... for HOURS our other friends kept trying to tell her it was me. i even had my beard off and she didn't want to believe it. she felt for sure i was the one she would go home with that night. at the end of the night when they did prizes, i got second.... after i took the hat and facial hair off, revealing i was really a woman underneath.
my friend was mad for months LOL
bill the pirate.jpg
bill the pirate.jpg (55.23 KiB) Viewed 15867 times
me out of costume
me out of costume
jun 29 2018.jpg (59.87 KiB) Viewed 15867 times
Seamist
Gardener

1. Nov 2019, 00:35

When I dressed up in a regency gown that I made myself.
LaiLai
Taurus Dragon

1. Nov 2019, 00:52

Well, for some it wasn't so funny,
as for not recognizing me - my sister in law and nieces (4 & 6 at the time), got so scared to death, the kids started crying & their mother to call 911 ...
And we really lived almost next door, being in each other's place daily... it's not that they didn't know me :)

Now, I didn't dress up as something in particular - just a clown-style mask, big pants, big boots and so on.
Apparently, it came out to them as a spooky clownish thing - LOL

Due to the terror in their eyes, I can't laugh much - but it was really funny, and as it turned out, spooky too ;)
Life's Good!
Rhiathynn
Shaman

1. Nov 2019, 02:11

Wow, the only one I can remember is the time I used my mom's old graduation gown. I do remember trying to trick or treat when I was five and had the chicken pox. I was determined to go out anyways because I loved Halloween. I got like half a block before I gave up...
Rhiathynn
AngelDragonWings
Cuddle

1. Nov 2019, 03:35

halloween isn't celebrated a lot in Australia. If I was going to dress up it would be as a fairy as I don't like scary stuff,
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible"
Tenzin Gyatso
Saphira47
Gardener

1. Nov 2019, 07:06

My daughter was very young,she had not seen me prepare.
I had disguised myself as a witch with a green face. :mrgreen:
My hair was dyed black, and a pointed hat with mini bats hanging all around.
When she saw me coming out of the room, she did not understand where her mother had been.
She was looking for me everywhere in the house.
I had to make her close my eyes and listen to my voice so that she would recognize me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Andreja
Gardener

1. Nov 2019, 07:16

Halloween does not exist in Croatian tradition. We have All Saints Day when we remember our deceased ancestors. But we do have Carnival called Fašnik (Fashnick) in March, when we dress in costumes (maškare from the word maska=mask), burn all bad from the previous year and with our masks scare and banish all evil. People, especialy children are masked, maškare, and go from door to door asking a gift in form of home made traditional cake krafne (donuts) made specialy for this event, fruit, eggs and these days candy. In return maškare scares away evil forces from that home with their masks and song.
When I was a child, one time during Fašnik my mom dressed me as a Gypsy.
Mel
Cuddle

1. Nov 2019, 07:54

At a young age I disguised myself and went out on Halloween. The costumes were mostly put together, so more out of the imagination. In one year, however, I was disguised as Grizabella from the musical Cats. A friend was a make-up artist and has made me accordingly. It was great because hardly anyone recognized me.
On the way from school to today, much of my english has been lost, sorry .....
Mazzy-Maz
Shaman

1. Nov 2019, 08:40

Angel is right, Halloween is really celebrated very much here in Oz. If I was going to dress up it would be as a witch. I think
I would suit a broomstiick cackle cackle
Be kind, it shows in your eyes.