What is Thankgiving?

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

sweetpickles
Cuddle

28. Nov 2019, 11:32

Thanksgiving to me and my family is an opportunity to reflect on how blessed we all have been. We have all had rough times, when we weren't Quite sure how we would get through them. But with the loving support of close friends and family, we can and have persevered. We also like to remember those who have served our Country. Many of our family and friends have served in a branch of military. And although not unscathed, they have all come home to loving open arms. When aware of any service person who is unable to go home to be with their family, we always have them over to join us in our feast. We also take time to praise our Heavenly Farther. Without his loving forgiveness and guidance we would be truly lost souls.

This holiday is usually spent at my Sisters home about 3 hours away from where we live. She lays out a marvelous feast, and all who come bring something delicious to share and add to her table. It's is an afternoon affair that last well into the evening. And on an average I would guess about 25 to 30 or more people show up throughout the day. We are a happy bunch and there is laughter, singing, dancing, and some praying before our main meal. And we always take time to pray for those who are no longer with us.

NOBODY ever leaves empty handed. Leftovers are lovingly shared with anyone who wants some. We are blessed to have babies, toddlers, preteens, teens, young adults, brothers, sisters, cousins, In-laws, Older adults, and those of us who are ancient and "Knock Knock Knocking On Heavens Door"! It truly is a joyous occasion, filled with joy and love, and hope for a brighter future. We really have a lot to give thanks for.

This year I will be unable to attend as our dog had major surgery and needs us for her support and daily functions, as she cannot travel at this time. I will miss so much, but I know I will also be missed.

Next year, God willing, I will be able to attend.

Blessing to all of you, even if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving.

(Forgetmenot) Live in the Present, Remember the Past, and Fear not the Future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only NOW . . .Saphira
LilDragonfly
Squishem

28. Nov 2019, 16:14

Thanksgiving is a day of thanks but, I like to think everyday is a day of thanks. Never to take the littlest of things for granted. We are so blessed in ways even beyond our imagination. Thanksgiving is a day to reflect with family and friends and to share LOvE and happiness (which is what we should do everyday as well). Thank you Father for your LOvE. Thank you Jesus for your stripes that you bore for our Salvation. Thank you Holy Spirit for giving us the gifts that reside within us.

Blessings to ALL
Tylady
Cuddle

28. Nov 2019, 18:35

I actually place Thanksgiving as my favorite holiday. It is a time to come together, spend time with family, enjoy a good meal, all without the stress and commercialization of Christmas and gift giving.

In my family, we always go to my Aunt and Uncles (my mother's oldest brother) and we maintained this tradition even when they moved out of state for a few years. The trip there was always fun. The meal is set, everyone knows what they are bringing, there is no stress, just a good time relaxing, watching football and eating my mom's fabulous pies.
After dinner we put all the tables together and everyone plays a dice game called Left-Right-Center and just have a wonderful time. And if you happen to win, you go home with a pocketful of cash! :)
It's a wonderful day to spend with close family, cherish the time we have together, remember those who are no longer with us and those that are far away. My one cousin is deployed this year, hopefully he will be able to skype with us at some point and say hello to his children. For me it is a day to cherish and be thankful for the strong close-knit family that supports each other through everything.
LuluMoon
Gardener

28. Nov 2019, 19:35

This is hard since we don't celebrate it, so I'll just say what I know :)
It is a family celebration with the whole family gathers and I really envy that, my family doesn't gather very often. Also, I know that a turkey is prepared :) Celebrating Harvest and Thanking for what God gave people.
Seamist
Gardener

28. Nov 2019, 20:14

Thanksgiving is a day we give thanks to our family and friends and all we have achieved through year. We turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing and rolls and all kinds of pies.
Saphira47
Gardener

29. Nov 2019, 07:52

I do not celebrate thankgiving one day in particular because I am grateful every day that life and nature bring me, be it the crops of my garden or being surrounded by people I love and who loves me. But, I like a good family dinner and cook the fruit of our harvest. it's a good way to say thank you to life.
Stormöga 1
Gardener

29. Nov 2019, 08:36

Here in Sweden we do not celebrate thanksgiving. But I Think people need to be more grateful in general.
sylvannaro
Shaman

29. Nov 2019, 08:57

In Romania, Europe, we do not have a Thanksgiving day :((
It has significance only for Americans...
AlizAlizA
Herb Witch

30. Nov 2019, 05:01

GAME OVER

Prize 500 crystals
“Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn…. Then always be a unicorn!”
AlizAlizA
Herb Witch

30. Nov 2019, 08:30

Crystals delivered

I hope you all had a wondeful Thanksgiving
“Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn…. Then always be a unicorn!”