Christmas Day 1

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

carlavv
Shaman

1. Dec 2019, 22:37

Thanksgiving always started our festivities. My husband was in retailing so he worked horrible long hours during the Christmas season. We got into the habit of doing our decorating on Thanksgiving . We would get up on Thanksgiving morning, I would put the turkey in the oven and as a family we would go out for breakfast with my parents. When we got home my husband, my Dad and the kids would put up our outdoor decorations while my Mom and I worked on the Dinner. After the outside lights were done, and dinner was ready we would have a wonderful family meal. While the kids helped clean up from dinner my husband would bring up our tree. We have an artificial tree as I am allergic to tree sap. Dinner behind us, it was time for tree decorating, Christmas music and some eggnog.
Once the kids grew up our traditions kind of disappeared as well.
This year we had a slight renewal of the traditions and it was so nice. We had dinner on Wednesday as my kids had to be elsewhere on Thursday. But we now have a grandson who is 4 1/2. My husband put up the outside lights and after dinner on Wednesday we decorated our tree like old times.
Another treat this year was my son and his family spent the night, My daughter surprised us and stayed the night as well. Instead of going out for breakfast we all got up and played some cards for a while before everyone had to leave to celebrate with other family members.
It is a Thanksgiving I will remember for a long time.
1Shaluv1
Gardener

1. Dec 2019, 23:15

On the mainland I celebrate Christmas at the start of the day in church. Later in the morning we go home open gifts and have brunch with the family and a few special friends.
Jazzy512
Fearn

1. Dec 2019, 23:29

Christmas is always celebrated at my house and everyone comes over. I cook a huge Christmas feast. We pass out all the gifts and it's so wonderful to see the little one's faces. Then we eat and everyone is scattered around talking and laughing. It puts a smile on my face to see everyone. Just like Magoia is so happy to see everyone playing and feasting.
AngelDragonWings
Cuddle

2. Dec 2019, 00:04

We all have much to do.
Find the Christmas tree jewel
Make much food
The Map
Do your Wish List
Finish the magic Magoian hams
Bake the magical Christmas Cake
Light the Advent crown candle each day
Set up the Christmas tree
What colour tinsel and baubles?
Finish the wreathes and garlands
So busy.
All the Clans working together.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible"
Tenzin Gyatso
AlizAlizA
Herb Witch

2. Dec 2019, 01:58

Wow, Magoia is so busy. I think I will sit down next to the hut and watch everyone hustling and bustling. The land of Magoia is looking magical and beautiful.

Can I help? :)
“Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn…. Then always be a unicorn!”
Mazzy-Maz
Shaman

2. Dec 2019, 02:40

I went around and collected decorations for the Christmas tree. I have a lot of purple tinsel and so many different coloured baubles for the tree. Who is going to help start to decorating?
Be kind, it shows in your eyes.
Sanfordnc
Fearn

2. Dec 2019, 05:41

And...what size will the tree be? Will it be a 'real' tree or store bought? Real is best I think.
I think the bulbs should be all white, standing for purity ...representing the Lord Jesus. Then adorn it with silver bells and garland. Wow, the tree is shinning already! It will be a great time for all of Magoia and the clans.
Splashes127
Squishem

2. Dec 2019, 08:35

I vote for a real tree.... nothing like the smell of fresh pine to go along with all the warm yummy smells like the gingerbread cookies and ham from the kitchen!

Did we get the tree topper from the dragons' cave yet? I know there's lots of food in the making but how about popping some popcorn to make popcorn strings for the tree? We can munch on them while needling them through the strings, and we can offer some to the dragons in exchange for the tree topper. I think the white popcorn should go well with silver and purple colors we have going on.

Does anybody like to sing? Anyone else up for some caroling? Which songs should we practice?
mistybleu
Fearn

2. Dec 2019, 16:12

White Christmas, would be a good song to practice, we can make ornaments out of the flowers from Magoia while doing this so we are all together having fun while also being productive. We can also gather the leaves and make tea for the coming colder days. Have we found the perfect ...
mapi
Gardener

2. Dec 2019, 16:16

In my family, Christmas is a celebration of Jesus's birth. We make the nativity scenes, go to the church and spend time in the family together. It is celebration of hope, love, light and peace.