Christmas Day 4

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

AlizAlizA
Herb Witch

4. Dec 2019, 09:45

Tell us your favorite Christmas movie and why you like it.

Mine is Die Hard with Bruce Willis and Deck the Halls with Matthew Broderick and Danny De Vito.

Both are very different from the usual Christmas movie but both are very funny.

The game goes for 48 hours and if you need help use Google translate.

Have fun.
“Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn…. Then always be a unicorn!”
Mel
Cuddle

4. Dec 2019, 10:52

I like the Christmas movie "When Angels Come to Town" and I watch it almost every year. The film is from 2004 with the actors Peter Falk, Tammy Blanchard, Katey Sagal, Sean Gallagher etc.
It conveys the values that should really count at Christmas, and if everyone sticks to it a little, many people would be happier and happier.
On the way from school to today, much of my english has been lost, sorry .....
Gwink
Squishem

4. Dec 2019, 11:26

In amongst all of the films has got to be Dr Seuss' "The Grinch"
Paizw
Squishem

4. Dec 2019, 11:52

Home Alone !!!
by far the best in my tastes !!!

I like it ,- well, I Love it!!!

it is Christmassy, but not more than needed
it is smart - Funny - sweet, adorable, and for its time, it was One-Of-A-Kind !!! :)
Rather, ... the First of its Kind!!! ;)
Just saying!
sweetpickles
Cuddle

4. Dec 2019, 13:18

Mine's an "oldie" from from made in 1952. It's name is "The Gift Of The Magi". A beautiful story of love and generosity. In brief, a loving young couple are struggling financially during the winter season. The women sees a watch fob that she wants to buy for her husband for his gold pocket watch. She doesn't have the money and sells her beautiful Auburn hair to a wig shop, and goes back and buys the watch fob. The man sees a beautiful pair of hair combs which would be perfect for his wife's lovely long locks. Again, he hasn't the money, so sells his gold pocket watch to buy them. It had quite an impact on me as a child, the youngest of six. Due to our parents splitting up there wasn't always enough money for Christmas presents. We watched our mother struggle just to make ends meet. She did the best she could with what little she had, and yet she could give each of us at least one small gift for Christmas.

So, it is not the size or cost of the gift that is important, but the heart and love of the giver who gave it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo
Last edited by sweetpickles on 5. Dec 2019, 00:49, edited 2 times in total.
(Forgetmenot) Live in the Present, Remember the Past, and Fear not the Future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only NOW . . .Saphira
LuluMoon
Gardener

4. Dec 2019, 14:01

Of course Home Alone!!!
I grew up qith that movie and all its parts. Gosh I still lough watching it :D classic!!
mistybleu
Fearn

4. Dec 2019, 14:49

My favorite Christmas movie is Its a wonderful life with jimmy stewart. it shows the many reasons a person should be grateful to be alive and appreciate life and everything and everyone they have. even if you have been thru alot of bad and good always cherish even the bad things in life cause they teach you to apprecaite everything ;), it also shows how an angel earns their wings :) merry Christmas all
Andreja
Gardener

4. Dec 2019, 15:07

Mine is Trading Places. Don't know why, just I can watch it again and again and again and again.... Love the cast members, the plot. It sets me up in holiday mood.
mapi
Gardener

4. Dec 2019, 15:08

I like Home alone 1 because it is fun and very easy to watch. It is much better than the sequels.
thumper
Fearn

4. Dec 2019, 16:52

I like
It is a Wonderful Life

and then there is A Christmas Carol {Scrooge} 1951 with Alastair Sim
and Miracle on 34th Street