Christmas Day 6 - Best Christmas Tree

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

sylvannaro
Shaman

6. Dec 2019, 22:07

The Christmas tree festival takes place in Bucharest (Bucharest) for Christmas. Designers and plastic artists create unusual trees to be auctioned. With the money obtained the Save the Children organization provides poor children access to education. The one that caught my attention was one built from airplane wings. Three artists transformed the parts of aircraft that ended their flight in an initiative meant to give wings. With 60 thousand flight hours and more than 35 million miles through the sky, "Wings for Dreams" is the only fir tree that has surrounded the Earth more than 1200 times.
sweetpickles
Cuddle

6. Dec 2019, 22:15

We no longer setup an indoor Christmas tree. We live in a heavily forested area that is usually fully covered with snow by Christmas. We let God decorate for us.

(I would have posted a picture but that is no longer an available choice "You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use the BBCode [img] tag."
(Forgetmenot) Live in the Present, Remember the Past, and Fear not the Future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only NOW . . .Saphira
Seamist
Gardener

7. Dec 2019, 01:44

Mine is small fiber optic tree with multi-colored and sparkly ornaments , and tinsel that rotates so I can see all sides of the tree.
williawc
Gardener

7. Dec 2019, 02:16

I too no longer set up a indoor tree. I live alone. I have a couple poinsettias and amaryllis plants for live holiday color. I have a cedar and pinecone garland across my balcony railing. Very natural.
Williawc, calls out, "Where are you??!!
Nita1 whispers, "I'm in the garden...with Dragons"
mistybleu
Fearn

7. Dec 2019, 02:24

we have a few artificial trees i think my favorite is my teal one, i had cancer and that was one of the cancer colors, i usually put things on the tree for that year events that happened. like last yr we had another new grandson, also had 2 new great nephews and just the happiness that we are alive and somewhat healthy, we also add older favorite ornaments, and a few new ones. my one granddaughter loves unicorns so i had her pick along with the other grandchildren new ornaments then after christmas i send them home with the children. ill be adding 2 new ones this yr to a different new tree... we went back to old traditions of a artifical tree but this one is green, we have a teal star on top the tree, and will have the tree, teal, white and royal blue ive seen so many beautiful trees ... so its really hard to pick... cherish your family and friends... as life goes they can be gone in a heartbeat...
Andreja
Gardener

7. Dec 2019, 07:37

I don't celebrate Christmas but Winter Solstice so I do not have a tree in my house. In my town for last 3 years they ornament and put lights on 27 meters high pine tree that grows in front of our musical school. Ornaments are ecofriendly and this tree is the main Christmas tree in my town. I also like that it is alive.
1Shaluv1
Gardener

7. Dec 2019, 10:11

6 ft tall evergreen covered in twinkling golden lights that look like stars. 100 tiny angels 100 crochete cross in gold and white and 100 french horns adorn the tree.
ElsjeFiederelsje
Squishem

7. Dec 2019, 10:34

I have a colourfull life and a colourful tree - I love al sorts of figures - there are serveral birds, a parrot, a few clowns and christmastrees in the tree, there are lots of small lights, there are just rond balls in all coulours of the Rainbow and bears in all sizes.
There were years that I felt the needed to grow up and then I bought all silver decoration…. that's been used now to brighten up the rest of the livingroom.
COLOUR - I love it. It makes me happy
willow
Fearn

7. Dec 2019, 10:47

My Christmas tree is green 6 feet tall and is about twenty years old, it has a couple of pencils and tape ( like a splint ) holding up the top half, where a daft dog took a flying leap and landed in the middle of it, also bent branches because cats have climbed it :lol:
It is draped with white star fairy lights that are set to twinkle slowly and then draped in silver tinsel hung like frost (looks like that to me :D ) a garland of small silver bells is draped around it and then many ornaments are hung on it.
Some are really old but every single one means something to me, a few were made when my children were small, some brought back from holidays, others were given by my mum, sister and others.
As I decorate with my youngest daughter memories come flooding back, and I can be found crying with laughter, my angel is 40 years old and is more like the sugar plum fairy :lol: , she has a makeover every year ( every year I say I'm going to replace her, and every year she still sits at the top), hubby's contribution is putting her on top.
My tree skirt was sewn by me, it is green with the nativity in applique and farm animals decorated all around the hem.
It may not look like the most beautiful tree to some, but it is to me :D
Mazzy-Maz
Shaman

7. Dec 2019, 11:57

I must have a real tree. My grandies help me decorate. Colour are always alway pink and purple decoration and silver tinsel.
Be kind, it shows in your eyes.