Christmas Day 14

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Maleela
Shaman

14. Dec 2019, 09:37

Ho Ho Ho
We are getting closer and closer
are we getting ready, crew?

For Christmas Day 14 we would like you to share with us all, one-or-more habit or tradition that you have
in your home, in your family, in your country, or, anything of the kind that you may find noteworthy to share!

Game lasts 48 hours

In the case it is needed here is the Google-Translate link to have handy:
https://translate.google.com/

Enjoy the game! :)
Please let us know how you precisely write your name in-the-game
so as to correctly be sent the Prizes from the Games you played!
ElsjeFiederelsje
Squishem

14. Dec 2019, 09:52

On the 24th in the evening after church warm applepie -
Mel
Cuddle

14. Dec 2019, 10:34

With us here in Germany, the Advent season is very much enjoyed. The Christmas markets in the cities begin, the streets are illuminated for Christmas, the first Christmas songs are played on the radio.
From December 1st, the advent calendar should not be missing, of course, whether it is a purchased one with chocolate, toys, beauty items, or one that you fill yourself. Each door has its own surprise.

Then on December 6th, Santa Claus comes, everyone puts their cleaned shoes on the 5th and in the morning looks curiously to see what Santa Claus has brought with them.
Christmas Eve is actually always a family day for us, at least when the children were younger, my parents were still alive, the family itself was even bigger. With us there was also the gift giving on the 24th, many others that I know, it is only on the 1st of Christmas day. It is still a tradition in many families to have potato sausage with goat sausages on Christmas Eve.
In the meantime I have also learned that in the Netherlands the day that Santa Claas comes is the more important Christmas day there ;-)

On the 1st and 2nd Christmas day you meet up with friends or more distant family members, just a time to sit together comfortably.

This year we are at home for the first time, not at Christmas, we are on vacation and I am curious to see what it will look like in the other countries and cities that we will visit on our trip.
On the way from school to today, much of my english has been lost, sorry .....
LuluMoon
Gardener

14. Dec 2019, 10:36

Well, mostly it is going to the churche with the whole family, then having anice evening at home.
sweetpickles
Cuddle

14. Dec 2019, 11:10

Our family traditions come to mind. On Christmas Eve in the evening we would be able to take our stockings off the mantel and see what was inside. It was usually filled with nuts and tangerines, and minty candies including canes. But at the very bottom was a small wrapped gift that was something special for each child. We would then go to Midnight Mass. Then home for a quick sleep before Christmas morning. Being children, we would wake up very early with great anticipation, but new better than to leave our bedrooms until we heard our Mother up in the kitchen. Then the joy's of receiving our presents would happen. We would eat a light breakfast and then help wherever we could with preparing our Christmas dinner. It's was always a special occasion because Grandma would set the dinning room table with "the GOOD china" and crystal glasses, with the real silver utensils from a wooden case! (This only happened for very special occasions). After a delicious dinner, we would all settle into our favorite spot in the living room, and watch whatever Christmas shows were being aired that night. The choices were limited to 3 major channels and one PBS station. This was at a time when all TV shows were actually live, long before recordings or DVR's. Our family at the time consisted of 6 females, Our Grandmother, Our divorced Mother, my 3 older sisters, and myself being the youngest. Missing were our Father, and a Brother and Sister who decided to live with him. We grew up with meager means, but would always look forward to special times like Christmas. Penny's were pinched throughout the year in order to save for these special occasions. It taught us all to be very thankful for what we had received.

(Forgetmenot) Live in the Present, Remember the Past, and Fear not the Future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only NOW . . .Saphira
Splashes127
Squishem

14. Dec 2019, 11:18

Baking cookies and setting them out with milk for Santa to enjoy when he visits our house... oh and also putting out reindeer food (like carrots). Can't work on an empty stomach and they work hard! :lol:
phryenyght
Squishem

14. Dec 2019, 13:41

when i was growing up my mom worked as the school library so she had the same holiday breaks as i did. this was back when those artificial trees came out, they were silver. she got tired of waiting till a week before christmas to get anyone get us a real tree(usually from someone's farm) so she bought us a fake tree. from that time on we would decorate and put up the tree over the thanksgiving break.
Summer Bell sweety
Dragonspider

14. Dec 2019, 13:57

Christmas traditions
We always have a ham for Christmas :D , it is a salted and smoked pork leg or shoulder which you boil for hours to get most of the salt out. This is the most enjoyable part of Christmas, getting to eat ham. It is sold only this time of year.
thumper
Fearn

14. Dec 2019, 14:21

well we would have Christmas eve at my husbands family ham, turkey, yams etc then open presents and sit around talking
then on to Christmas day with my kids and their family have breakfast and open presents
williawc
Gardener

14. Dec 2019, 15:43

For the longest time it was just my daughter and I. I was in the military and there were several years where I was off in some other country.
So the years we were together, it was all about that "togetherness"
Decorating the tree together
Decorating the house inside & out together
Christmas movies & songs... singing in the stores (I can't sing!!)
Cooking together as she got older
She would get upset where there were more presents for her, than for me under the tree
After a little clean up, we'd take a day trip (most people are home!!)
The beach, the mountains, the desert, the river, the lake (with a couple of turkey sandwiches)
Making the most of our time with each other
I love my daughter
Williawc, calls out, "Where are you??!!
Nita1 whispers, "I'm in the garden...with Dragons"