3rd Weekend of 2020 :)

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

ElsjeFiederelsje
Squishem

18. Jan 2020, 14:41

Gen X for me - born in 1965. I had the best of everything - a father and mother, an older sister, older brother, younger sister, younger brother and many uncles, aunts and cousins. In my childhood you could play on the streets and cycle around - have fun outdoors. There was a train passing our village once a day and we waved at the driver. I was taught rules that I now am trying to lose because they do not fit my life.. Looking back you can see and understand things being done in that special time. Every time is special because they all come only once.
thumper
Fearn

18. Jan 2020, 15:39

For this Game we like you to Define the Generation that you are born in.
Then, you can share something that you identify with Generation-wise,
that you are proud of, or that you dislike, or all 3 of them!
Also, if you like, of any other generation that you'd like to tell us about (of parent, Children, spouse),
specifying which is which, and being as detailed as you wish!

Boomers born 1959
some things about then gas was 25-27 cents a gallon bread was 20 cents and to go to the movies 75- 1.00, wages were 75-1.00 hr
i remember always playing outside , walking to school in any weather
i have 2 brothers and my dad coached baseball {girls couldn't play so i was bat girl} i played at practice only
my sister was born when i was 10
wow things have changed a lot.
Summer Bell sweety
Dragonspider

18. Jan 2020, 18:16

My generation is Millenials, I remember we were good to one another, we were not into tattoos or extra piercings.
sylvannaro
Shaman

18. Jan 2020, 18:44

I was born in 1967, so I am part of the early X geration. In Romania, the birth of many children in 1967 and 1968 is due to a decree banning abortions to encourage birth. In Romania we are kind of boomers. Call the Decree. We were born and raised in the communist era. We are so called many laterally developed because we had to deal with everything. The lack of those needed for living forced us to adapt continuously. The lack of food has made us aware of agriculture and growing vegetables on every patch of land. To cook a meal of whatever we had at hand, to make clothes and knit blouses. At school we were educated in a competitive environment. I can not say that later all this did not help us ...
sweetpickles
Cuddle

18. Jan 2020, 23:40

Since my first post seems to have disappeared (?) I will post again

I am a boomer.

When most Mother's jobs were being home to take care of their kids
Wars and fighting: Korea and Vietnam
Taught to work hard to get what you needed to survive.
Protests including Vietnam War and Women's rights
Hippies in the Haight-Ashbury district in San Francisco
Free sex, Drugs, & Rock and Roll
Attending Church, catechism.
We still said the pledge of allegiance in School
(Forgetmenot) Live in the Present, Remember the Past, and Fear not the Future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only NOW . . .Saphira
karenrollins
Star Gazer

19. Jan 2020, 08:20

i am a gen x.. born in 1966
things i loved about growing up in that era would be that we had no computers or social media. in order to actually communicate with each other, we did so face to face. as children, we played with barbies, monopoly, pay day, mousetrap, parchesi, cards, sewing stuff, played cowboys and indians, roller skated, rode bikes, and were always part of a softball team. we slid down slides, played on see saws and swing sets.... we respected our elders by putting Ms, Mrs, or Mr in front of their name, and we got paddled in school if we were disrespectful. this taught us to get bumps and bruises, learned how to lose, strived to become better in what we were doing.
the music of the 80s was just feel good fun music. how great is that? !!
i was also lucky because when i was born, i lived in the south. there was segregation. but by the time i was 4-5, it was disappearing. i grew up in a world where i remember it being there, but i remember it going away. i saw how human beings could become tolerant and accepting of other people and it made me feel happy.

i have a problem with GENZ only as i have seen people who have not been able to deal with reality... they seem to have issues with losing, extreme sensitivity, lack of respect, and lack of responsibility. they live at home WAY too long. they do not know how to be social when not in front of a computer. they do not seem to be able to DO for themselves as much as previous generations. it saddens me. people like that will never be able to have a hardship and survive it.
Gwink
Squishem

19. Jan 2020, 09:44

I'm a boomer, but nearly Gen X. Mostly remember being able to play outside, climb trees and build dens in the woods. As a family I was around 7 before we got a TV or car. And a lot of power cuts (overhead electricity cables), so evenings by candle light. Open fires :-)
Trebil
Taurus Dragon

19. Jan 2020, 12:37

I'm a Gen X. I remember playing outside ALL the time, knowing everyone in the neighborhood, being able to walk or ride or skate anywhere without worry and only coming inside when your parents yelled out the door for you.
1Shaluv1
Gardener

19. Jan 2020, 12:58

I am Gen X which means both parents worked. Therefore I am very self directed, self sufficient and I like doing things on my own.
mistybleu
Fearn

19. Jan 2020, 16:10

im a boomer, born in 1956, i loved the fun of going outside, snowmen, winter fun but not always walking to school, id see people looking oddly and now know they were high on lsd, i didnt know about drugs when i was in grade school but now realize what i was seeing as a kid. i miss my oldest sister even tho she was a bully to me along with my classmates, i was beat up everyday walking home from school, i do remember one day they knocked the wind out of me and im not sure when but my oldest sister stuck up for me one time, she was 3 yrs older than me. i recently found out she passed away back in 2015 but no one told me which really tore me up im still grieving her loss, shes 3 yrs older than me. i now appreciate that we didnt have much for electronics growing up, we had a tv which we were allowed to watch one show in the evenings after dinner, dishes homework etc and went to bed around 8 pm back then. kids now days dont realize how much fun it was not to have all those electronics and also the drugs etc i worry bout my grandkids and everyone now, there is also no respect mostly for anyone, i was brought up to have respect for everyone and also to be courteous which i still try to do even tho some people really try my patience lol enjoy you family and cherish the time you have with them and friends - things can be cut short so easy and the losses are very hard to deal with. love life ... i sure appreciate mine after having 2 cancers and being a survivor...i also grew up with my mom, grandma and older sister, mom got divorced we never knew anything about it, that was a bad thing mom never talked bout things even up til the day she passed away. i kinda keep things to myself also not like today eveyrone posts everything on social media instead of talking to their families about it or at least their family. i refuse to have a facebook cuz i had myspace yrs ago and no i didnt post things i cancelled it when ... things in the family were getting bad everyone begs me to get a facebook but there is too much drama on it, yes there are wonderful cute things too but more drama than anything else so id rather have a peaceful life as much as possible lol