3rd Weekend of 2020 :)

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Maleela
Shaman

17. Jan 2020, 19:27

We start a little earlier this weekend but we will end as usual, so actually there should be a little more time that the game is on

And this weekend the Game is:

How about trying to define the Generation we are each born in

What are more likely to be the Age-Groups who are participating in this Game,
and create:

Magoia's Image

The Generations of the last 120 years are: Image
*The Gen Z is probably too young to be here

Prior to 1946 is the Silent Generation [born 1925 - 1945],
and even prior to that is the Greatest [born 1900 - 1924], probably too old to be here

A little about our generations:
Silent Generation
1925-1945 - working hard - talking less, witnessed economic & social downhills and losses,
Baby Boomers 1946-1964 - A massive explosion of births after 1946, these people are born at a time of economic expansion, cultural expansion, and social change.
Generation X 1965-1976 - born into times of well-being, but also when epidemics begin, both parents work, and divorces begin changing family-styles.
Millennials 1977-1995 - born into rapid technological emergence, the internet, mobile phones, and anything Wireless :)

For this Game we like you to Define the Generation that you are born in.
Then, you can share something that you identify with Generation-wise,
that you are proud of, or that you dislike, or all 3 of them!

Also, if you like, of any other generation that you'd like to tell us about (of parent, Children, spouse),
specifying which is which, and being as detailed as you wish!

The game will last as usual until Monday morning in the UT timezone

Here's the Google-Translate link to have handy, if needed
https://translate.google.com/

Enjoy !!!
Please let us know how you precisely write your name in-the-game
so as to correctly be sent the Prizes from the Games you played!
Seamist
Gardener

18. Jan 2020, 01:44

I would be a baby boomer born in 1960. A time marked by civil rights movement, the Vietnam War and anti-war protest, emerging "generation gap". Also some of the 60's bands like , The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin , The Beach Boys, Pink Floyd and Elvis Presley the King of rock-n-roll.
Saphira47
Gardener

18. Jan 2020, 02:02

I was born in generation X. The generation where children knew how to play outside. :lol:
What I like about this generation is that women have started their emencipation ...
to take their place in society and in the job market.
What is a little worse is that in this generation the children could not all know what it was to have a united family.
Sanfordnc
Fearn

18. Jan 2020, 02:32

I was born in the "Boomers" era..1946, July. At that time I was the youngest of 4, with two sisters and a brother older than me. I know it was after WWII and we lived in a very small town in Iowa, USA of about 350 people. We had to go outside with a bucket and draw water from the well. Mom heated the water for the round tub we used outside. I will never forget that. At least we did have electricity, but few lamps. There was an outhouse out back for the bathroom. Winters were awful when you had to go out there, at night mom had us us a special pot with a lid to go in. Doctors made house calls too. The streets were not paved so when it rained it was pretty muddy. The school we had was of 2-rooms, kindergarten to 7th grade on one side and 8th to 12th grade on the other side. Some grades only had 3 children.
Hope you all know that you are so lucky to have what you have these days. We didn't have television until I was about 7 yrs old, and they had 3 stations to watch until midnight.
LuluMoon
Gardener

18. Jan 2020, 08:53

Oh my seems I'm from Millennials. And yea technologies went BOOM! It was like omg they invented this and other meh its old news look at this! It was a really fast-paced period everything was moving fast, new things, stuff you didn't know what is coming next lol :)
Mel
Cuddle

18. Jan 2020, 09:22

I belong to the Baby Boomers generation. Yes I know, time does not stand still and everything is developed further, but sometimes I really wonder how my daughter survived it all :lol: ...... this and that must not be eaten during pregnancy, this and that the baby must not have .......
My daughter played outside and not on a cell phone or computer. She was digging in the sand and building sand castles, "baking" sand cakes and of course also trying them ;) just like me in my childhood.
Yes, I like progress, but everything that used to be is not automatically bad today. In the past there were not so many "students" who run amok in schools, people who attack and hurt others.
Whether I find the time better today than I used to be, I'll leave that in the room ...... but maybe you should think about it a few times.
On the way from school to today, much of my english has been lost, sorry .....
Lorelei3
Shaman

18. Jan 2020, 10:25

I am a Gen X person. As a child I played outside, I read many many books, I was exploring the surroundings, as a teenager I went to the discotheque and felt like the dancing queen :). You could rarely see something good at TV, because of the communist regime, but at least we got friends to play with and talk to. What I can see today - people staying at the same table, no words said only discussions by Whats App I find really scary :D . I might even be suspected as a psychopath because i walk in a park without listening to the music and without a phone in my hand to see whatever it's new, I just walk listening to the wind and the birds and I look around to see the flowers and the trees. This is what I consider to be normal, but I walk surrounded by people connected to the Internet all the time and they find it normal too. Each generation has its own rules and everyone is adapted to them, and I can understand this.
Andreja
Gardener

18. Jan 2020, 11:06

I was born in 1972. so I am Gen X.
My generation didn't know what bordem is. I was playing outside all the time, running around the wood nearby my home, walking to school, going nuts when spiker interrupted the song I was recording from radio station, enjoyed music from 80's and apriciated it more 'cos it wasn't available like today. All this are likes. I have no dislikes but the time we live now.
Paizw
Squishem

18. Jan 2020, 12:48

Born nearly between Baby-boomers and Gen X, I am influenced by both as I had older brothers all of the Baby-boomers generation, who would let me in their ways. At the same time it was my peers, schoolmates etc of Gen X, or at the verge between the two :)
My Grandmother is of the Greatest, (Granddad even older!), and parents of the Silent generations. so I feel kinda familiar to most-or-all generations
Hard-working, & scarred parents from the conditions of economic depression of 1929, and the nightmarous ww2 of course.

I feel fortunate to have known the goodies of Boomer-Gen, but also to have been born in the progress of Gen-X.
Also, the bad parts of Gen-X (as was the Aids-beginning), which eventually led me to thinking over on many things,
especially on technology, and, the not that natural ways of life that we were heading at ... :(
(and thank Goodness I had fooled around early in my life, & prior to the Aids-epidemic)

Unfortunately, the younger generations (esp. Millennials) function having as "natural" the i-phone, and the satellites . . .
Not having tasted what a real-natural fruit, or egg tastes like - they easily advocate on Hybrids, or even GMOs (both usu. taste-enhanced)
I am more optimistic for the Gen-Z, especially the younger ones of it,
as they are brought up by parents who are becoming all-the-more aware of the side-effects to Distancing our Lives from Nature

I am in favour of Technology, BUT, NOT at the expense of not Living Natural ways of Life!
Just saying!
meme1
Shaman

18. Jan 2020, 13:19

For this Game we like you to Define the Generation that you are born in.
Then, you can share something that you identify with Generation-wise,
that you are proud of, or that you dislike, or all 3 of them!

I was born in the baby boomer years. My parents where from the silent generation, dad was a soldier in the second world war and mum was in the land army.

When I was a child I remember the freedom of playing outside, wandering off to the woods and swinging on rope swings, no parents in sight we where free to roam. The world seemed to be a safer place.