Carnival - 2nd riddle: Domino loop

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Allison
Squishem

18. Feb 2023, 16:32

After we searched for caps yesterday, we want to have a little game of domino today.

Arrange the 15 dominoes in such a way that they can be connected to form a loop. But there’s a catch to it. No two pictures are the same!? You’ll have to find out the terms for the pictures first. Then you can connect two dominoes that are linked by a matching last and first letter.
If you have laid everything out correctly, the last domino should also be able to be connected to the first domino.
Here you already have a connection between two stones that you can use for the solution.

Example:

Now it's your turn! Hint: click on the picture to get an enlarged view

Please send the solution with the correctly placed 15 dominoes until 11:00pm server time (= 18th Feb 5:00 UTC) as a forum PN to dragonholt.
You can send the solution as a picture, but also in numerical form:
e.g. 1 - 3 - 15 - 11 - .... - 1

Please do not post the solution openly. Neither in the forum, nor in one of the public chats in all worlds.
In addition, please adhere to the known forum rules.

Best of luck,
your Magoia team
Allison
Squishem

19. Feb 2023, 16:54

So, did the domino crack your brains? Here is one possible solution. And yes, as always: once you see it laid out, it seems pretty obvious.

The words link as follows:
Moon Apple/Natural Lights - Snake/Moana - Apple/Watch - Heart Cherries/Table - Elements/Chair - Ring/Light - Tree/Bed - Dragon/Star Banana - Ant/Leaf - Flower/Water - Ruby/Fire Mushroom - Moon Dust/Candle - Event Site/Cloud Berry - Yellow Lampion/Herb - Book/Heart Blossom

Yes, there are other possible correct solutions because the connections highlighted in red are interchangeable. As long as you found a correct loop based on these words, it will count!

Enjoy the last round of carnival riddles - it's already opened!
Your Magoia team
Quin SilkWings
Taurus Dragon

20. Feb 2023, 10:07

I came up with a different answer and got a loop as well. But looking at this solution now, the names given to these domino tiles doesn't follow a pattern. The natural light shown is only 1, so why use lightS? If we are to have plural in these tiles, then mushroom should be mushroomS, flower as flowerS, yellow lampion as yellow lampionS since there are 2 pcs or more in there like the heart cherries. Additionally, if we are going to be more critical about this, the herb icon you used is for Herb Mixes since its got a wooden background (please go to inventory and hover on it) not just a "Herb". At first glance it is reasonable to use Herb, I agree and that's what I did too but I got stuck. But now finding out how you worded the icons really threw me on a loop! If I had known these irregularities are possible, I wouldn't have used "tome" for a "book" and just took it for what it is. Then maybe, just maybe I will have the same solution. Please be careful with what you present next time because there are people here who are observing more closely. Thank you.
Lotus World EN: Quin SilkWings Image that, is me trying to get a hold of my thoughts when it starts flying..
Allison
Squishem

23. Feb 2023, 21:46

Hi Quin,

the logic behind it being 'natural lightS' even if it's just one that is depicted, is that in the game wherever we checked, this currency is referred to in the plural.
Whereas fire mushroom in the inventory is clearly called by its singular version, just as the yellow lampion. The references in the game are what counts because that's what everybody (inlcuding the german-speaking player who invested a lot of time to design those riddles) can look up.
The same goes for the heart cherry - even if the picture depicts a pair of them, they are still called heart cherry, not heart cherries.
Regarding 'book' versus 'tome', I don't completely agree with you. Not being a native speaker, mind you, but personally, if there's something in the game I'd call a 'tome' rather than a 'book', it would be the next merge level of those objects :)

I understand that you are somewhat disappointed that your solution therefore isn't all correct - but still you did great and got almost all of them correct, so you also received the rewards for all your correct connections!
Allison
Squishem

23. Feb 2023, 21:51

Now, in order to wrap the domino riddle up, for each correct connection, there was a prize of 150 crystals.

Congrats to all participants, you did really well!