I Play Magoia... Now What?... 101 edited 12/18

Tips and hints to learn the game from other players

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Aeris64
Shaman

26. Oct 2017, 08:23

I play Magoia… now what should I be doing? Sit down, Grasshopper and I will explain (somewhat)!

Start by doing the totem quests – those little hanging buttons on the right side of your screen. It’s a tutorial and walks you through the early stages of the game. Now, assuming you have done some of those we will move on.

Ok, First on the list – click the Stonehenge Type building and Pet the Kitty – three clicks every day and by day seven you will have received 26 free lilies and 220 free energy.

Second - Your Garden

Plant, plant and then… plant some more. When you start your plants only take minutes to grow. As you plant and level up you open new plants (they take longer to grow and open up new plants). Every plant will return the original plant plus a new one (two plants). If your friends have clicked your plants faithfully and they are glowing with no number showing then you will get another plant (three plants).

Tend your garden. When your plants are ready for harvest – pluck ‘em and replant! Never let your garden be empty or full of grown plants because all those friends you have added will not be able to help you with extra yields! (see Planting 101 in forums) You clear the rocks and weeds from your garden using crystals and energy. (see Villager Quests below)

You can also plant trees in your garden. Trees provide fruit for Dragons and for The Ancient Grove, (see The Trees below).

There are 5 Gardens - (In order) The Aqua Garden, Rock Garden, Honey Garden, Root Garden and Cloud Garden (this garden is only available by purchase - either lilies or money). First open your garden by driving off the huge monster guarding the entrance. Once you have done this using potions from the brewery, you will see that your garden is infested with other monsters and weeds/rocks - rake out the weeds and rocks (uses crystals) then brew some potions and start clearing out the monsters (uses potions and energy). The more you clear the more you can plant. Don't rush to open other gardens - you should have most of one garden clear before you put resources into the next garden.

Level your garden. At a certain point you can’t get any new plants until you level up your garden. You do this by paying the gardener (who is a pesky man – he’s there when you aren’t ready for him and not there when you finally gather all he wants :lol: ); actually he will show up on Wed and Sat for 24 hrs. Pay him what he asks for and boom – you have leveled your garden and moved up in the game.

Third - Your Dragons

Feed Mom so she lays an egg. She requires 100 pts (or fruit points) to lay an egg and each time you feed her a fruit it costs you 10 energy. When you start you will probably only have a Unicorn tree - which means you will feed her Pear Horns (worth 10 pts each) so to lay an egg you will feed her 10 Pear Horns and use 100 energy. As you get other trees you will notice that other fruits feed her more in one shot - for instance I now feed my Momma Dragon 2 Star fruit (40 pts ea) and 1 Heart Cherry (20 pts ea) and since I only freed her 3 fruits I only use 30 energy. As you level and can get better fruit trees you can reduce it (although the best you can do is 2 Cloud Berries [50 pts ea] and 20 energy).

Now you have an egg and you need to feed your Egg fruit to grow and tend it (pet it, wash it, and play with it - 1 energy pt for ea) to keep it happy and growing. Your egg will grow through 4 cycles so you will feed it 10 fruit 4 times (and it doesn't matter which you use but I would use Pear Horns for this and save your higher value fruits for Momma). You can tend it every hour or two (there's a timer on the bottom left side of the window that tells you when it can be tended again) but don’t worry if you can’t be on that often – when you log in your chances will have stacked while you were gone.

After the 1st cycle, he or she (yep, there are different dragons) will hatch. Keep feeding and tending the little cutie till they are ready to fly. When that happens, you will be offered a chance to pick a dragon plant – just start with the one on the left – dragon orchids. It’s the one you need first – you will know when to switch up to the next plant by time you SHOULD switch to it (you will see when you need the next plant in brewery and can then move on from there). Just keep getting Dragon Orchids for now.

Cute Note: When it is time for your dragon to fly – click on it and you will see their name! Thank Taevamanna for passing that info on!

As you level up your Ancestor Dragon in the Ancestor Grove - you will lower how much fruit it takes to feed him/her and how much energy it takes to tend to it.

Dragons are super important as they help rank your clan and they are one of the few ways to get Dragon Plants other than buying them, which is way expensive. (Get it… dragon..plants?... O-kay then - moving on.) You cannot grow extra Dragon Plants (like normal plants). You can plant them but all you get is exp. and no one can click them in your garden and they take FOREVER to grow. This means your garden is useless to you and your friends during that time. And you can’t use plants that are planted soo… IF you plant them for exp. be careful not to only plant them and be sure to keep some in inventory to use in the brewery, too.

Fourth – The Trees

Here you start branching out (no pun was intended – but I will take it now it’s there!) :P

You have trees you plant in your garden to get fruit to feed your dragons and the Ancient Grove. All trees are bought with Lilies (this is one of the major reasons to save up your lilies). We already explained about dragons (see Dragons above) – the Ancestor Grove offers benefits to your Clan – as you feed the Grove fruit, you level up the trees there and receive clan wide bonuses like: +1 plant yields (for a limited time), +1 extra energy point (permanent), etc. Your Clan Leader or the Clan together will pick which tree to ‘open’ and then all Clan members give fruit in increments of 10 fruit to feed the grove and earn the rewards. Every day the Grove highlights one type of fruit – this fruit is worth 3x the points (affinity) and Moon Apples always have affinity every day. So, keep watch and wait for your fruit to have affinity before you turn it in.

NOTE: See a great post "Ancestor Grove" by mazMazzifymaz for concise info about the grove.

There is also your Village Tree. (As you reach level 12 you will see your tree icon appear.) You can’t miss your Tree, it shades your island and sits right in the middle. When it is healthy it is a pretty green. When it becomes ill with shadows it is blue, gray and black. :( It needs you to heal it. You heal your tree by feeding it plants and your Clan members can help you (and you, them)! For the most points you need to heal your tree on the first try (you get 3 tries but you should always do it on the first). You can flip the plants needed with energy or lilies. I always feed it all the plants it wants and then flip them with energy (not lilies) and do it again – then I announce in our Clan Chat that my tree is ill and every one jumps in to help with a heal (it only costs them some energy). When you have successfully healed your tree you will get tree points and your tree becomes covered in beautiful pink blossoms. But that’s not all…

The World Tree. When you open your tree tab – on the upper left corner you will see another tab – this will tell you how the World Tree is doing. The World Tree can get sick too – every one helps to heal the World Tree by healing their trees on the first try. When enough of us have healed our trees THAT heals the World Tree and everyone gets a yield bonus in their gardens for 5 days.

Note: This is a big deal because, if you are doing everything correctly, you could end up with a HUGE yield bonus. Imagine… You plant one, you get back two – now add in your friends clicked your garden, you get back THREE, add in your Clan received a yield bonus from The Grove, now it’s FOUR, and then the World Tree is healed successfully, that’s FIVE. Conceivably for 3-5 days you could plant one plant and get back FIVE!

You can speed up your tree becoming ill by 2 days, but I don’t suggest it – one it costs lilies AND it adds MORE points to the World Tree so it is harder to heal. The World Tree resets every 60 days – if you haven’t helped to heal the World Tree (by healing YOUR tree) then even if the bonus is granted – you will not receive it – you must help heal the World Tree to get the 5 day bonus!

Fifth – The Brewery

The Brewery is where you cook up the potions, powders and dry the herbs you will need to open new plants, pay the gardener to level up your gardens, kill monsters in your gardens, kill the Giant monsters that guard each new garden and to give to the quest villagers (see Villager Quests below). Potions, like growing time, help to regulate game play. Some take 1 hr and, sadly, it only goes up from there. You will need a lot of potions, powders and herbs; leveling gardens, for example, can take as many as 40 potions. You do the math at one to three hours per potion.

Sixth – Villager Quests

Every 24 hrs a group of villagers will approach you for help, if you help them by giving them plants and potions, they will give thanks by giving you Crystals, Energy, and Experience. (There are two quest givers for each reward). The more you help them – the more they give back. If you fail to help one, it will hurt your standing with them and you will get less of a reward until you bring your standing back up.

AND FINALLY…

In between all the above, when you find yourself chafing at the bit waiting on a potion to finish or a plant to grow… tend your friend’s gardens (see Planting 101 in the forum). Take some time to browse through the forums and read some hints, add some insight or tidbit that you have picked up, play a game, or just say hi. Just recently we had a discussion in Clan Chat that had several high level players saying “I didn’t know that, Cool!” So don’t assume everyone has figured it out just cause you did! (That’s one of the reasons I make these posts.)

You can also check out the Magoia Wiki at http://magoia.wikia.com/wiki/Magoia_Wikia.

The Halloween Quiz has ended. :cry: We got some awesome prizes and had a lot of fun each day! The end bonus was AWESOME - the ever elusive Lilies (70) and a FREE Unicorn Tree!!! Keep your eyes out for the next fun event and come back to the forums often to watch for new events, tips, and fun games! Thanks Magoia Crew for an awesome event!

May the Dragons Fly!

Aeris64

As always, I will edit this as needed, and any suggestions/corrections you have are much appreciated. FYI: This is not meant to be the end all info post on playing Magoia – it’s just a guideline.
Last edited by Aeris64 on 9. Feb 2018, 03:17, edited 12 times in total.
~~ I know you're probably thinking "Oh no she didn't!" but I just so totally did!! ~~
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

29. Oct 2017, 06:45

I hope you will do more of these Aeris64. Excellent job.
Everything in life is magical, including dragons, elves, gnomes and fairies. Enjoy everything!
Aeris64
Shaman

31. Oct 2017, 07:52

Thank you for the support and encouragement, PetDragon! :)
~~ I know you're probably thinking "Oh no she didn't!" but I just so totally did!! ~~
Aramina
Star Gazer

31. Oct 2017, 14:58

I loooove your way of presenting things, a lot of humor :lol:
Good vibes and energies Image
Aeris64
Shaman

3. Nov 2017, 20:06

Thank You, Aramina. I try to keep it interesting but understandable.

Aeris64
Tartuffe
Squishem

11. Nov 2017, 19:22

Very very interresting (thanks google translator) :)
Aeris64
Shaman

14. Apr 2018, 10:14

Tartuffe wrote:Very very interresting (thanks google translator) :)
Yeah!! I was hoping that would work!! Thanks for letting me know it did!

Aeris64
Aramina
Star Gazer

14. Apr 2018, 11:47

Alas, this player has not played since the month of ... December or January, I think.. :cry:
PetDragon
Defeater of the Shadow

14. Apr 2018, 11:57

Aramina wrote:Alas, this player has not played since the month of ... December or January, I think.. :cry:
Whether Tartuffe is playing or not doesn't really matter as his/her comments are still valid and helpful. A point for everyone to think about; your comments are always useful.
Everything in life is magical, including dragons, elves, gnomes and fairies. Enjoy everything!
Aramina
Star Gazer

14. Apr 2018, 12:01

absolutely correct, do not hesitate to leave your comments .. :D
and it's always a pleasure for the person who has spent time giving you his tips