Costs to unlock potions/herbs/powders from witch?

Ask all your questions here!

Moderators: Community Manager, Moderators, Developers

Cikala
Gardener

8. Mar 2019, 23:37

So today the witch that sells potions/herbs/powders is available in my garden. I was close to unlocking the Storm Cup required for Air Potion 5 which I needed, so I hurried the last few along and unlocked the plant. Went to buy the potion from the witch, but it wouldn't let me unlock it because I didn't have the amount of Storm Cups in my inventory that it would take to make the potion. I thought that was odd, but went to purchase the required Storm Cups from Lara's shop anyway. Went back to the witch, unlocked the potion and bought 3. I then went to look at my inventory, curious to see how long it will take Storm Cup to grow, and found that I didn't have all that I purchased from Lara's shop anymore!

Since when does it cost the ingredients to unlock a potion from the witch? We are paying crystals to purchase the potion, we shouldn't also have to pay the ingredients! I have never had this happen before, and I know I've purchased just unlocked potions/herbs/powders from the witch before.
Tinker Bells
Squishem

9. Mar 2019, 03:07

Cikala wrote:So today the witch that sells potions/herbs/powders is available in my garden. I was close to unlocking the Storm Cup required for Air Potion 5 which I needed, so I hurried the last few along and unlocked the plant. Went to buy the potion from the witch, but it wouldn't let me unlock it because I didn't have the amount of Storm Cups in my inventory that it would take to make the potion. I thought that was odd, but went to purchase the required Storm Cups from Lara's shop anyway. Went back to the witch, unlocked the potion and bought 3. I then went to look at my inventory, curious to see how long it will take Storm Cup to grow, and found that I didn't have all that I purchased from Lara's shop anymore!

Since when does it cost the ingredients to unlock a potion from the witch? We are paying crystals to purchase the potion, we shouldn't also have to pay the ingredients! I have never had this happen before, and I know I've purchased just unlocked potions/herbs/powders from the witch before.
Hello Cikala. I think it has always cost the plants needed to make the item to unlock any of them from Moana. I would be more then happy to look into this for you if you would like. It seems like needing the plants on top of needing to be at the level requirement to buy them from Moana is a bit much. Just let me know if you would like more information about it. :D
Rita G.
Gardener

9. Mar 2019, 07:02

I have always had to pay the necessary ingredients to unlock a potion. Once unlocked, you may purchase again using only the crystals. Only the sale items can be purchased without the necessary ingredients to unlock them.
AlizAlizA
Herb Witch

9. Mar 2019, 12:48

Moana will allow you to buy unlocked plants.
You need to have the plant open and then you can buy up to 3 of the discounted plants and any number of of unlocked plants in the general area.

Well that is what I have found but I am often wrong. :oops: :)
“Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn…. Then always be a unicorn!”